Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

lifeisgood

It was about CIRCUMCISION. Circumcision is the seal and proof of the purification/ceremonial works.

Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

Did you read that?

It is about CIRCUMCISION, but you want me to believe it is about being good and obeying Jesus. LOL

No, the Galatians were NOT rebuked for obeying too much, or falling from grace due to obedience!

Paul was talking about you, gt, either accept Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary or you, gt, accept the Law as your way of salvation. Can't have both.

One CANCELS the other.

Paul is talking to people like you, gt, that do not ACCEPT WHOLLY Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY but ADD law to Him and what He did presenting the works of your hands, which have been rejected already.

lifeisgood

I can hardly believe that people here believe they only have to believe and then God chooses them.

No, YOU, gt, have it the other way around. God chose us and because of that when we heard the Gospel we believed.

I can hardly believe that gt believe she OBEYED and then God chose her and PERFECTLY she obeys God. ta'boot.

The Bible says God choose those who fear Him and do right!

The Bible says God choose those who LOVE HIM BY OBEYING HIM.

Paraphasing: WHILE we were STILL God's ENEMIES, He sent His Son to die for us --- Romans 5:10

No obedience in our part, yet.
No loving Him, yet.
No knowing His Son and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, yet.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Grace means you do not have to go to the temple with an animal to sacrifice, for Jesus is the Lamb and we become the temple. IT DOES NOT MEAN WE NO LONGER HAVE TO OBEY IT MEANS WE DO NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE ANIMALS.

No wonder you have a problem working your fingers off trying to present the works of your hands which have already been rejected, believing that grace has ANYTHING to do with YOU, gt.

Grace is the goodness of God extended by God to undeserving sinners.

Grace has absolutely NOTHING to do with gt. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Grace is more restrictive than the Law. Grace actually requires the perfection of Jesus Christ.

The law requires our perfection which is not there (Det. 27:26). That's where gt is.

Grace requires our Faith in what Christ did at the Cross, exclusively, plus absolutely nothing.

Grace is perfecting us in the image of Jesus Christ.

Grace is given to us freely; however, is given only in God’s way --- Nothing to do with your obedience, gt.

The nature of the Gospel is the concepts of Faith and Grace (goes together with Mercy) (Ef. 2:6-8). My Faith has to be in what God has provided. God decided to deal with man through the rudiments of Mercy. Once God decided on Mercy, then He had no other choice but to extend Grace.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

You can't have understood the point I was making. You say that Paul, referring to Abraham's salvation by faith rather than works (Romans 4) is not a reference to the law in general but the laws regarding ceremonies - but Paul specifically makes this law of works a reference to all the law by quoting Moses as I have shown.

I am saying you are wrong to limit 'works of the law' to 'ceremonies of the law'.

She understand the point, but the answer goes contrary to how gt 'debate'. The way gt 'debate' is simply by saying that's how I, gt, see it and that's how it is. You're wrong, I, gt, am PERFECTLY right.

That's what happened with gt's debate with AMR.

God's Truth

NOT what James was talking about, gt.

You are an EXPERT in changing subjects.

You probably do not even remember what the subject was.

James says what I said.

James 2:11 For he who said, "You shall not commit adultery," also said, "You shall not murder." If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

lol

lifeisgood

James says what I said.

James 2:11 For he who said, "You shall not commit adultery," also said, "You shall not murder." If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

lol

Like I have stated to you previously, you take verses out of its PERFECT context and then devise your own false doctrine out of one verse.

lifeisgood

James says what I said.

lol

Like I have stated to you previously, you take verses out of its PERFECT context and then devise your own false doctrine out of one verse.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Grace means you do not have to go to the temple with an animal to sacrifice, for Jesus is the Lamb and we become the temple. IT DOES NOT MEAN WE NO LONGER HAVE TO OBEY IT MEANS WE DO NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE ANIMALS.

GT,

With all respect, the system of the Commandments to obey is only fulfilled by God.

If you have overcome great things in your life through Jesus and focus on Obey to continue to grow, this is good.

You say that you do not sin at all, and I will respect that.

If by not sin in mind or Heart you mean you are hidden in Christ, then you are not being 100 percent open in your experience.

If you literally mean that you do not sin, then you are unique.

Most of us will admit we do and there fore it is by the grace of God there go we, and we extend this message that the Holy Spirit can be in as many as possible to begin His amazing work.

God's Truth

Calvinism is the fruit of the Reformation, and is both the fundamental teaching of the Bible and reversal of the centuries of heresy that the Catholic Church built upon it.

You all are the false denominations :rolleyes:

The Truth cannot be reformed. The Catholic church was never the truth and the reformation did not go far enough.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
James says what I said.

lol

GT,

Your arguing for arguments sake. We discussed that this was about Gods Royal Law.

Are you simply being stubborn for stubbornness's sake!

I have a scriptural challenge for you....

With your knowledge of scripture, please quote James 2 in full and write in your personal commentary notes on each verse. This would clearify things...

James 2Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Sin of Favoritism
2 My brothers, do not show favoritism as you hold on to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. 2 For example, a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and a poor man dressed in dirty clothes also comes in. 3 If you look with favor on the man wearing the fine clothes and say, “Sit here in a good place,” and yet you say to the poor man, “Stand over there,” or, “Sit here on the floor by my footstool,” 4 haven’t you discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my dear brothers: Didn’t God choose the poor in this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that He has promised to those who love Him? 6 Yet you dishonored that poor man. Don’t the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Don’t they blaspheme the noble name that was pronounced over you at your baptism?

8 Indeed, if you keep the royal law prescribed in the Scripture, Love your neighbor as yourself,[a] you are doing well. 9 But if you show favoritism, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all. 11 For He who said, Do not commit adultery, also said, Do not murder.[c] So if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you are a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who will be judged by the law of freedom. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who hasn’t shown mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Faith and Works
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can his faith[d] save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothes and lacks daily food 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you don’t give them what the body needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way faith, if it doesn’t have works, is dead by itself.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.”[e] Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works.[f] 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. The demons also believe—and they shudder.

20 Foolish man! Are you willing to learn that faith without works is useless? 21 Wasn’t Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active together with his works, and by works, faith was perfected. 23 So the Scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness,[g] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way, wasn’t Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by a different route? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

God's Truth

Just read what says.

God's Truth

GT,

Your arguing for arguments sake. We discussed that this was about Gods Royal Law.

Are you simply being stubborn for stubbornness's sake!

I have a scriptural challenge for you....

With your knowledge of scripture, please quote James 2 in full and write in your personal commentary notes on each verse. This would clearify things...

James 2Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Sin of Favoritism
2 My brothers, do not show favoritism as you hold on to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. 2 For example, a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and a poor man dressed in dirty clothes also comes in. 3 If you look with favor on the man wearing the fine clothes and say, “Sit here in a good place,” and yet you say to the poor man, “Stand over there,” or, “Sit here on the floor by my footstool,” 4 haven’t you discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my dear brothers: Didn’t God choose the poor in this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that He has promised to those who love Him? 6 Yet you dishonored that poor man. Don’t the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Don’t they blaspheme the noble name that was pronounced over you at your baptism?

8 Indeed, if you keep the royal law prescribed in the Scripture, Love your neighbor as yourself,[a] you are doing well. 9 But if you show favoritism, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all. 11 For He who said, Do not commit adultery, also said, Do not murder.[c] So if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you are a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who will be judged by the law of freedom. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who hasn’t shown mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Faith and Works
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can his faith[d] save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothes and lacks daily food 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you don’t give them what the body needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way faith, if it doesn’t have works, is dead by itself.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.”[e] Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works.[f] 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. The demons also believe—and they shudder.

20 Foolish man! Are you willing to learn that faith without works is useless? 21 Wasn’t Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active together with his works, and by works, faith was perfected. 23 So the Scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness,[g] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way, wasn’t Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by a different route? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

You are denying God's Truth.

If God does not give you understanding, then I trust God and accept it.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Just read what says.

It goes on to say,

10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all

............ This is the entire law...

Nothing removed... Every word of Moses in the Book of the Law as placed in the Ark of the Cov. Per Deuteronomy 31:26

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You are denying God's Truth.

If God does not give you understanding, then I trust God and accept it.

I'm asking for help to see your light....

If you accept the challenge of this quote, it would help me understand what you are saying.

I have indeed challenged you to scriptural debate. If you do this, then I will too, and perhaps clarification will arise.