Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
If God's grace is free, why the need for faith? What does faith require but one's acceptance of what he 'sees' and then act upon it? Like the verse says: "Faith without works is dead".

feb4d0052abbc98ddb99a5bbf313981e.jpg

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Teaching the world that Christ did not die for all is, de facto, a wholesale destruction of the Gospel. But to tell an unbeliever the claim that Jesus died for them in particular and, indeed, all human beings holds great power. It's rejectable, yes, but there aren't many that cannot be moved by such a notion.

Your alternative holds no power at all...most will be repulsed...even by those who accept their depravity...

John 3:14-16 has not been dealt with by yourself or anyone here on TOL. You've ignored its transparency.

In agreement with you:

John 15King James Version (KJV)

15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

.............. And......

John 15King James Version (KJV)

15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

.......... And lastly....

If you have ears hear.......

Matthew 25:

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Oh yeh... One more...

About that cloak which is also water.....

Galatians 3:27King James Version (KJV)

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

......... Wanted to add the parable about the wedding garment, but already too long....

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I only trust Jesus.

Calvin was a man!!!!!!!

You trust the apostles, who are just men. They're the ones who wrote the New Testament :idunno:

Whenever you read something that is quoted from Jesus, you must go by the apostle's interpretation of it because they know what is meant by those teachings, plus all which they did not quote of Christ.
And they don't agree with you :rolleyes:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You trust the apostles, who are just men. They're the ones who wrote the New Testament :idunno:

Whenever you read something that is quoted from Jesus, you must go by the apostle's interpretation of it.

John 5:39Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

39 You pore over[a] the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, yet they testify about Me.

[emoji182]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Whenever you read something that is quoted from Jesus, you must go by the apostle's interpretation of it because they know what is meant by those teachings, plus all which they did not quote of Christ.

Also, just to be really bad....

1 John 2:27King James Version (KJV)

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2ac6168c05709a10336700a3bad7b307.jpg

Sonnet

You do not even know what the law is. Tell me, what is the law? Why don't you ever answer questions asked of you?

That the works of the law Paul relates to more than just the ceremonial aspects is clear from Romans 10:1-5

Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.

Paul quotes from Leviticus 18:

Vv. 1-5
The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

Moses then proceeds to list a number of laws regarding sexual practice.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Translation: If you feel you must keep the law then Christ can be of no value to your salvation. You cannot have it both ways.

That is right, but just to clarify...there is a new law we have to obey.

The old law included purification/ceremonial works to clean one's self.

Now no one has to do works to clean themselves except have faith that Jesus' blood is cleaning them of the sins they must repent of; we still have to obey Jesus' commands, we just do not have to get circumcised, and sacrifice animals, etc.

God's Truth

When Jesus came to earth HE GAVE THE COMMANDS AND GUIDELINES FOR A NEW COVENANT. Then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

God's Truth

That's just a giant misinterpretation turned assumption by a lot of contemporary Christians who justify their lawlessness.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

By 'all', he meant the Old Testament- the New didn't exist :wave2:

Again, Jesus CAME AND GAVE THE GUIDELINES FOR THE NEW COVENANT.

Blood Covenants MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

PAUL PREACHED THAT SAME NEW COVENANT.

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,.

God's Truth

What part of gift do you not understand?

Did you ever get a present and someone says... Um, but if you don't pay this back or follow these 10 rules written inside the card, you'll need to give this back or pay for it in full.

Consider the parable of the forgiven debtor.

Matthew 18:21-35King James Version (KJV)

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

SERIOUS POINT BELOW
Do you really want to beat Gods debtors in the gambling that their debt is greater than yours or even less for that matter?

In the parable of the sheep and the goats... Super important one!

What standards does God separate the damned from the saved with?

God's gift is free to those He chooses to give it!

He tells us who He chooses.

He chooses those who fear and obey Him.

God's Truth

Romans 2:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

What of this verse Crucible? Could you please use it to explain your point that I may understand you better? Like as in expand on it from your theological understanding.

And after that, could you please explain how my saying that faith is our work, coupled with a debt of love, while salvation and Grace were the work of God is Not a good teaching per your perspective?

These are the WORKS no one has to do anymore:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

God's Truth

For over 1,600 years the Jews had to use the blood of animals to clean themselves and do those other works.

Paul is explaining how no one has to do THOSE works anymore.

Paul is not saying, "Good news...no one has to obey God anymore."

That is ludicrous.

God's Truth

Um.... About gift...

If it isn't free, it isn't a gift.

Or are Gods gifts of strings attached that He is indeed not a Rich King, but a deceiver?

God gives His gift to WHOM HE CHOOSES.

God chooses.

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:28
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
[ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.

1 Thessalonians 1:4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Matthew 22:14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

2 John 1:13 The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that people here believe they only have to believe and then God chooses them.

The Bible says God choose those who fear Him and do right!

The Bible says God choose those who LOVE HIM BY OBEYING HIM.

God's Truth

You simply cherry pick what is convenient, amass it together and make it whatever you want it to be. The message at large is not what you hold to. At all.

Do you know why Calvinism is so successful? Because it is proper theology- it takes in the entire Bible, and harmonizes it. Your theology does not.

Calvinism is just another false denomination that just happens to misunderstand scriptures in other false ways than other false denominations.

God's Truth

Do we disagree in the meaning of these too?

Eph. 2:8-9 - "For BY GRACE are ye SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the GIFT of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast."

Rom. 4:6-7 - God imputes "Righteousness without works."

Rom. 10:3 - It's a grave mistake for anyone to try to, "Establish their own righteousness."

Rom. 5:17 - Heaven deserving righteousness is a "GIFT," not something you earn.

Rom. 5:18 - Justification to God is a "FREE GIFT," not something you work toward.

Phil. 3:9 - Paul, as ‘good’ as he was, still wouldn't trust his "Own righteousness" to save him.

Rom. 3:22 - God's righteousness is credited to "ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE," not all that work.

Rom. 8:3-4 - The flesh is too "Weak" to save itself. We need a Saviour. We need Christ.

Rom. 4:3 - Abraham's faith, not works, "Was counted unto him for righteousness."

Rom. 4:4-5 - Works are "Not reckoned of grace, but of debt." Faith is counted as righteousness.

Gal. 3:10 - To earn Heaven you'd have to "Continueth," perfectly, in the whole law.

Titus 3:5 - "NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."

John 5:24 - In Christ we've "PASSED from death unto life." We don't have to "wait" to find out.

Rom. 9:31-32 - Israel, "Sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law."

Acts 4:12 - No other name but Christ can save us-- not the name of works, nor our own name.

John 1:12-13 - Only God's power, through His Son, makes us a child of God. We are not born into God's family by "Blood" (heritage, family ‘pedigree’), "Nor will of the flesh" (good works), "Nor will of man." (minister, or man made religion), "But of God."

Isa. 45:22 - No one else can save a soul from Sheol but God; "There is none else."

Acts 13:39 - "And by him [Christ] all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye COULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED by the law of Moses."

Rom. 8:7 - We can't follow God's law even if we wanted to. So how can we save ourselves?

Matthew 7:21-23 - Christ describes a future scene in which some who are trusting in their "Many wonderful works," will, sadly, be told by Christ: "I never knew you: depart from me, Ye that work iniquity." Their good works will not save them. We all have to trust Christ, and Him ALONE.

John 10:1 - We must enter through Christ, "THE DOOR," not by "Some other way.."

John 8:24 - A person can work all they want, but it won't save them. Jesus said the bottom line is that, "If ye believe not that I am he [the only way], ye shall die in your sins."

Rom. 4:2 - If Abraham could have saved himself, he'd have something to brag about.

Acts 10:1-43 - Cornelius' good works would put anyone today to shame, yet he still had to get saved by trusting solely in Christ to save him.

Rom. 3:27-28 - "Where is boasting then?...Of WORKS? nay."

1 John 5:13 - If your salvation depends on a lifetime of good works, then why does the Bible teach that you could "KNOW" for sure, before you die, that you are going to Heaven? The answer is because salvation doesn't depend on you, but on Christ, who ALREADY paid the price for your sins.

Heb. 1:3 - "He had BY HIMSELF purged our sins." He doesn't need help from us!

Heb. 2:3 - If we have to work at earning it, why does the Bible call it "So great salvation"?

Heb. 2:9-10 - Christ is "The CAPTAIN of their salvation." He tasted "Death for every man."

Heb. 2:14-15 - Christ is the one who will "DELIVER" us from death, not ourselves!

Heb. 2:17 - Christ makes "RECONCILIATION for the sins." We can't reconcile ourselves.

Heb. 5:9 - Christ is "The AUTHOR of eternal salvation," not us! It's not in our hands.

2093db7bc312ce34befbb3af15861c91.jpg

Grace means you do not have to go to the temple with an animal to sacrifice, for Jesus is the Lamb and we become the temple. IT DOES NOT MEAN WE NO LONGER HAVE TO OBEY IT MEANS WE DO NOT HAVE TO SACRIFICE ANIMALS.

God's Truth

GT, maybe I've been misunderstanding you.

Could you type up a list of the commands I need to obey for assurance of salvation, or at least the ones I don't need to worry about if that's shorter?

Or are we in agreement that Love is the fulfillment of the law?

If you don't obey Jesus---how do you EVER get that you love?

If you do not know what Jesus commands, how can you say you know him at all?!