Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Sonnet

You have to OBEY God to receive understanding.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

You obeyed and continue to? In full?

God's Truth

Sorry - I should have mentioned that I meant Calvinists.

So you only want to discuss with Calvinists?

Are you suggesting Moses was not saved?

Moses did see the promised land.

Are you suggesting all those who disobeyed in the desert were as Moses?

As for those who died in the desert, they did not obey and they did not get to see the promised land.

Warnings From Israel’s History
1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness. 6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel. 11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

And are you also suggesting that you are now obeying without ever sinning?

What does the Bible say?

God's Truth

Sorry - I should have mentioned that I meant Calvinists.

So you only want to discuss with Calvinists?

Are you suggesting Moses was not saved?

Moses did see the promised land.

Are you suggesting all those who disobeyed in the desert were as Moses?

As for those who died in the desert, they did not obey and they did not get to see the promised land.
Warnings From Israel’s History
1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness. 6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10 And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel. 11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

And are you also suggesting that you are now obeying without ever sinning?

What does the Bible say?

God's Truth

Mat 23:23
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness.

What does that have to do with what I said?

God's Truth

Just look at all those beautiful powerful scriptures I quoted for Sonnet about obeying, and all she can think of to do is accuse me.

Where does that come from, the accuser maybe?

God's Truth

Here are those scriptures again:

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

God's Truth

Some people search for many years to try to find God's Truth, and some are blessed enough to be shown, and then there are those who are so dead inside they cannot love the truth and be saved.

lifeisgood

You just don't get it, the works Paul was speaking of are the ceremonial works, the ceremonial works THAT WAS started by the SEAL OF CIRCUMCISION IN THE FLESH.

Paul was NOT putting down obeying God!!! Think about it harder.

Nothing about ceremonial works.

No question about it you have a reading comprehension problem and only the Lord can help you with it.

lifeisgood

Do you have His commandments and have you OBEYED at least this one Matthew 11:28 yet?

Do you have more understanding? Have you shown your 'more understanding' by OBEYING at lease this one Matthew 11:28 commandment yet?

You should follow what you demands that others follow. It will be good to your health. Jesus commands that one "Come" and AFTER one has come, then, He will give His rest.

Start here, gt, Matthew 11:28.

BELIEVERS already. ALL Believers will produce good works; however, their good works will not produce PROPER FAITH. You boast so much that YOU OBEY EVERYTHING Jesus said, you should start OBEYING HIM at lease this command in Matthew 11:28. Just saying.

Yes, perhaps if you OBEY Jesus' commandment to "Come", God will grant you His rest.

OBEY Him, gt, "Come" and His rest will be imputed to you.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Some people search for many years to try to find God's Truth, and some are blessed enough to be shown, and then there are those who are so dead inside they cannot love the truth and be saved.

You should change the mirror you are looking at, gt. It is all fogged up and you cannot see the tree for the forest.

WHEN you obey Jesus' commandment to "Come" then you, gt, will know that He has imparted to you His rest. Besides you knowing all will see that something different has happened to you and they will not even have to see you in person, they will know; but most importantly, you will know.

You, gt, have devised your own way of salvation and Jesus is waiting for you to "Come" OBEYING Him so that He can do what He wants to do for you --- impart to you His rest.

So, what are you waiting for to OBEY Him and "Come". Your mouth is full with 'I OBEYED and because I OBEYED, He then saved me.' And Jesus is saying, "Come" just come. I Jesus, did it all. You, gt, don't have to do anything but "Come". "Come", gt, "Come".

No, you have NOT obeyed Him for you boast that you OBEY Him in everything He said and I can prove that you have not obeyed Matthew 11:28. Yes, I know you will say that what I say, but you say all the time, 'I, gt, OBEYED first and then Jesus saved me because I obeyed.'

Jesus keeps on saying, "Come" and I will give you My rest.
Jesus DID NOT say "Obey" and I will give you My rest.

You devised the second saying of Jesus; therefore, denying Him and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

PROPER FAITH in the CORRECT OBJECT will produce proper works.
PROPER WORKS will NEVER produce proper faith.

The correct object is Jesus Christ and His finished work on that Cross of Calvary and NOT your obedience.

If you do NOT obey by 'coming' He cannot give you His rest.

lifeisgood

Why do you want to keep accusing me of not obeying? Just because you don't?

The question is Do you, gt, OBEY every single commandment in full, total, perfectly, etc.? Because that is the standard, 'obey all the commandments completely perfect'.

Be careful how you answer. Remember James warning will you --- James 2:10-11.

The correct object is Jesus Christ and His finished work on that Cross of Calvary and NOT your obedience.

lifeisgood

Why do you want to keep accusing me of not obeying? Just because you don't?

Remember James 2:10-11

Have you OBEYED at least Matthew 11:28, yet?

lifeisgood

Here are those scriptures again:

The question was 'Do you OBEY them all perfectly, all the time perfectly, every single time perfectly?'

Remember James 2:10-11.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If you do not believe in 'Free Grace'- the doctrine which states that a person is eternally secure after having confessed Christ as Savior, then by definition you believe, at least to some degree, in a 'doctrine of reprobation'.

It is incontrovertible that a person must maintain their faith and be principled in their actions, ideology, and standing. In other words, 'Free Grace' is just plain heresy, and it breeds notions like the very title of this thread- seeing commands of righteousness as being 'extracurricular'.

It is not, and Paul has plenty to say about it- he even teaches that people who think otherwise are flat out deceived. (Corinthians 6:9-10)

Calvinism puts it very simply: Perseverance of the Saints
It means exactly as it states :wave2:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If you do not believe in 'Free Grace'- the doctrine which states that a person is eternally secure after having confessed Christ as Savior, then by definition you believe, at least to some degree, in a 'doctrine of reprobation'.

It is incontrovertible that a person must maintain their faith and be principled in their actions, ideology, and standing. In other words, 'Free Grace' is just plain heresy, and it breeds notions like the very title of this thread- seeing commands of righteousness as being 'extracurricular'.

It is not, and Paul has plenty to say about it- he even teaches that people who think otherwise are flat out deceived. (Corinthians 6:9-10)

Calvinism puts it very simply: Perseverance of the Saints
It means exactly as it states :wave2:

Opposing Divine Sovereignty is Atheism.

Cross Reference

If God's grace is free, why the need for faith? What does faith require but one's acceptance of what he 'sees' and then act upon it? Like the verse says: "Faith without works is dead".