Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

You are always saying that 'I, gt, obeyed THEN Jesus saved me' and that is not a lie.

Show your verse where Jesus said, "OBEY, and I will give you my rest?"

Jesus said "COME and I will give you my rest."

Have you, gt, OBEYED Him yet entering into His rest?

He said, "COME and I will give you rest."

The good deeds can ONLY come because we are found in His rest already. Not being in His rest does not produce good deeds that can be accepted by Him for the good deeds will be compared to Him and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

No, they were ALREADY OBEYING. Jesus said, "COME and I will give you rest."

Yes, His yoke is easy because all a person has to do is COME because He has already done everything needed to be done for salvation; therefore, His simple command of "COME" I, Jesus, already did everything that needed to be done so that I can bring you to My Father's presence.

It is ALL about HIS OBEDIENCE and NOT yours.

The Good News is NOT even sent to those except for those who fear God and do what is right.

Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.
Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

God's Truth

From the dawn of time man has attempted to invent another God, and sadly so, the church from its inception has tried to invent another sacrifice.

There is only one sacrifice and that is Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary --- NOT your obedience.

Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary and this alone must be the object of our faith --- not your obedience or good deeds or whatever we might invent.

If the object of your faith is your obedience and not Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary exclusively, that is faith that God will not recognize for His Son's sacrifice cost Him too much.

If I didn't do what Jesus said to do, I wouldn't have known which denomination was the Truth...if the Catholic denomination, the Mormon denomination, the JW's, the Pentecostals, Foursquare, Full Gospel, Nazarenes, Christadelphians, the Reformed denomination, the Baptists, etc, etc, etc.

Sonnet

The Good News is NOT even sent to those except for those who fear God and do what is right.

Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.
Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

The Gospel is to be preached to everyone and anyone, so not sure what you mean by:

"The Good News is NOT even sent to those except for those who fear God and do what is right."

Sonnet

You are not shining the light of Christ by teaching against the Holy Scriptures . . Which do not reveal a universal love and grace for all mankind.

God has prepared many for destruction. Romans 9:22

Romans 9:22
What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?

The 'many' you refer to isn't found in v.22. Perhaps we might look at:

Romans 5:18
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

Here, all people are in condemnation, so we may say that 'the objects of his wrath — prepared for destruction' are all men.

Last edited:

God's Truth

The Gospel is to be preached to everyone and anyone, so not sure what you mean by:

"The Good News is NOT even sent to those except for those who fear God and do what is right."

You say that even though in large letters I gave you scriptures that say what I said?!

The Word of God says that. I am repeating what the Word of God says.

Only those who fear God and do what is right will hear and accept God's Truth.

Sonnet

You say that even though in large letters I gave you scriptures that say what I said?!

The Word of God says that. I am repeating what the Word of God says.

Only those who fear God and do what is right will hear and accept God's Truth.

Heard by those it is preached to but not necessarily accepted...yes.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Then you declare God as nothing, for His grace is not common to all men. Salvation is not universal.

You base your false message emotionally, instead of faithfully.

No men do not commonly show grace.

Forgiveness, understanding, compassion, love that occurs while people are still sinners.... Universal love for ALL...

God, however did and does do this for AlLL men. Or do you side with the ones that accused Jesus of showing grace to too many?

lifeisgood

Acts 10:35 — But in every Nation he who ***fears*** Him, and works righteousness, is accepted WITH Him.

Acts 13:26 — Men and Brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you ***fear*** God, to you is the word of this Salvation sent.

***[53.58 φοβέομαιc: (a figurative extension of meaning of φοβέομαιa ‘to fear,’ 25.252) to have profound reverence and respect for deity, with the implication of awe bordering on fear—‘to reverence, to worship.’ καὶ τὸ ἔλεος αὐτοῦ εἰς γενεὰς καὶ γενεὰς τοῖς φοβουμένοις αὐτόν ‘and his mercy for generation after generation to those who have reverence for him’ Lk 1:50.
In Acts 13:16 the phrase οἱ φοβούμενοι τὸν θεόν, literally ‘those who fear God,’ is essentially a technical phrase to identify non-Jews who worshiped the God of the Jews. These would have been Gentiles who were ‘God fearers’ or ‘worshipers of God.’ ( Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, pp. 539–540). New York: United Bible Societies.)]

The word of this Salvation is for whosoever ACCEPTS the preaching of the word of Salvation sent — Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

Paul is, without apology, including the Gentiles in the preaching of God’s great Plan of Salvation.

Those ACCEPTING the preaching will be able to be accepted WITH Him.

Eagles Wings

Read Romans 9:19–21.

Notice how Paul deals with those who objected. The bottom line of Paul’s reply is this: We must bow the knee to God. He has decided not to save everybody, and we have no right to criticize Him. Can you agree?

Passages for Further Study

Job 22:5
Romans 2:1–27; 3:1–26
2 Timothy 3:13

(Ligonier Ministries))

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They the Bible into a Dr. Seuss book with their 'free grace' nonsense, too afraid to face TULIP staring right at them from every chapter in the Bible.

The 1700's marked the beginning of substantial watering down of the Gospel- as soon as the Arminians found refuge in the newly founded Methodism that spurred from the Church of England, archaic Christianity simply vanished from many of the hard line protestant sects.

Reformed and Presbyterian churches kept their ground, and that is why these people go after them. They are a threat to their constant breeding of heresy, having been responsible even for cults that they ironically denounce today.

Don't be too worried about it- most of them are only barely believers anyway :rolleyes:

Sonnet

Read Romans 9:19–21.

Notice how Paul deals with those who objected. The bottom line of Paul’s reply is this: We must bow the knee to God. He has decided not to save everybody, and we have no right to criticize Him. Can you agree?

Paul's reply includes the words, '...He has decided not to save everybody...'?

I don't see any such words in the citation EW.

One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ”Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

The truth is, is that Paul's rhetoric is directed at those of his kinsman that still considered that righteousness could be attained through works of the law.

Vv. 30-32
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.

Sonnet

:AMR1:

:nono:

Nang has given substantive teaching, for those who have ears to hear.

Teaching the world that Christ did not die for all is, de facto, a wholesale destruction of the Gospel. But to tell an unbeliever the claim that Jesus died for them in particular and, indeed, all human beings holds great power. It's rejectable, yes, but there aren't many that cannot be moved by such a notion.

Your alternative holds no power at all...most will be repulsed...even by those who accept their depravity...

John 3:14-16 has not been dealt with by yourself or anyone here on TOL. You've ignored its transparency.