Real Science Friday: Anti-Creationist AronRa YouTube Star

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Who? Is there a reason you googled a screen name to look up scientific research?

Sod did it. I just took a look. He discovered that only Bob Enyart characterized this guy as a leading anti-creationist.

Nice work, Sod.

some other dude

wacky_1.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
Your google search says it all, um? Four mentions of AronRa, all from Bob Enyart. No one else seems to think he's one of the leading anti-creationists on the web or anywhere else, for that matter.

Thanks for showing us that.

Well of course. "Watch Bob pick on some internet chump" is less impressive than WATCH ENYART CONFRONT ONE OF THE WEB'S LEADING MINDS. If you're gonna attack somebody, make them out to be a MAJOR villain!

lucaspa

Who? Is there a reason you googled a screen name to look up scientific research? Evolutionism is false. The world was created.
You didn't listen to the video, did you? Enyart was very clear: a Foundational Falsehood of creationism is that evolution denies God. For Christians, the issue isn't whether God created, but how. Did God create by poofing the world or each species into existence in its present form? Or did God create the world by gravity and the processes of geology and each species by evolution from common ancestors?

God is very clear in His Creation that He created by the processes discovered by science. God simply did not create by creationism.

BTW, what is "evolutionism"?

Granite

Hall of Fame
When was this guy characterized as a leading anti-creationist?

In the OP. First he's called a "star" (of youtube, no less; ahem) then Jefferson adds: "Bob has a conversation with one of the web's leading anti-creationists, AronRa."

Which, if you really think about it, is suspiciously specific praise...:think:

lucaspa

Granite answered. What the person seems to have done is a satire on Harun Yahya, who characterizes himself as a leading anti-evolutionist. "Harun Yahya" is a pseudonym for Adnan Oktar. "AronRa" is also a pseudonym.
http://www.aronra.com/
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/AronRa

However, instead of focussing on the who, why don't you try focussing on the arguments and evidence presented? Those are, after all, what matter.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Granite answered.
Granite is on my ignore list. What did he say?

What the video seems to have done is a satire on Harun Yahya, who characterizes himself as a leading anti-evolutionist. "Harun Yahya" is a pseudonym for Adnan Oktar. "AronRa" is a pseudonym. For whom, exactly, we haven't figured out.

However, instead of focussing on the who, why don't you try focussing on the arguments and evidence presented? Those are, after all, what matter.
I live in the US of A, I can focus on whatever I like; it's a free country. Take your fascism and go away, communist.

some other dude

The Barbarian said:
...this person (AronRa), who might be very knowledgeable, is not actually a leading anti-creationist on the web

The Barbarian said:
AronRa is hardly a leading anti-creationist on the web.

The Barbarian said:
Four mentions of AronRa, all from Bob Enyart. No one else seems to think he's one of the leading anti-creationists on the web or anywhere else, for that matter.

Are you calling Bob Enyart a liar?

Would you like to call in to the show and discuss this with him in person, or are you too much of a coward?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Are you calling Bob Enyart a liar?

You were going to stop trying to put words in my mouth, remember?

Would you like to call in to the show and discuss this with him in person, or are you too much of a coward?

All I'm doing is thanking you for googling it, and showing that Bob was the only one to refer to him that way. It's always a bad idea to call people liars when they might simply be mistaken. It's even possible that you were mistaken.

Think about it.

some other dude

Jefferson?

What do you think?

Could you set up a call in for The Barbarian to correct Bob and tell him he's mistaken directly to his face (as it were)?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Sorry Sod. You're on your own, on that "Bob is a liar" story. I figure he really believed that this guy was a leading anti-creationist.

But as you showed us with your google research, he isn't.

And for that, I thank you.

some other dude

You were going to stop trying to put words in my mouth, remember?

I asked a question. :idunno:

All I'm doing is thanking you for googling it, and showing that Bob was the only one to refer to him that way. It's always a bad idea to call people liars when they might simply be mistaken.

Here's your chance to correct him. I sent Jefferson a PM about setting up a call in. :)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Jefferson?

What do you think?

Could you set up a call in for The Barbarian to correct Bob and tell him he's mistaken directly to his face (as it were)?
There's no need for me to set up a call for him. Anyone call in to the show M-F from 5:00 to 5:30 Eastern time at 800-8ENYART.