Real Science Friday: Anti-Creationist AronRa YouTube Star

some other dude

C'mon Volt. barbie's just playing his trademark dishonest barbie games.

Right now he's chuckling in a satisfied manner about hooking you in and playing you.

It's called trolling.

some other dude

barbie presents bait

And everyone knows, the best source for science is on YouTube. :D

some other dude strips bait from hook

some other dude said:
some other dude checks to see who's made that claim...

Nope, doesn't seem anybody has.

unaware his bait's gone, barbie attempts to present an empty hook

barbie said:

some other dude dances before barbie showing him the bait has been stolen

some other dude said:
some other dude checks to see if the OP states that "the best source for science is on YouTube".

Nope, don't see it there.

barbie reels in and prepares to rebait the hook

barbie said:
Correction....

barbie recasts a freshly baited hook

barbie said:
I'm wondering why all the pettifogging....

and Volt bites!

Volt said:
I don't know what pettifogging is.

:(

Last edited:

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
C'mon Volt. barbie's just playing his trademark dishonest barbie games.

Right now he's chuckling in a satisfied manner about hooking you in and playing you.

It's called trolling.

You are right. Perhaps I need counseling for thinking I could have a reasoned argument with a troll. Barbarian is going on ignore as of this minute.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Sod writes:
Also, when you type into Google "who are the web's leading anti-creationists?", four of the first five hits are AronRa.

Barbarian muses:
Interesting. Let's take a look...

(All from Bob Enyart)

(Barbarian chuckles)

Sod writes:
Made you look.

Sod explains:
It's called trolling.

Yep. But some people might have taken it seriously. Thanks for confirming my point, though.

some other dude

barbie, not content to be hooked, played and landed yesterday, makes a display of flopping in the bottom of the boat:
Sod writes:

Barbarian muses:
Interesting. Let's take a look...

(All from Bob Enyart)

(Barbarian chuckles)

Sod writes:

Sod explains:

Yep. But some people might have taken it seriously. Thanks for confirming my point, though.

:darwinsm:

:mock:barbie and his bass impersonation

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite thinks that his ignorance is everybody's ignorance.

:mock:Granite
:darwinsm:

:mock: :granite:
I had - he's been featured on Pharyngula before. Seems like a smart guy, but the first part of the KGOV interview was a slow start as both AronRa and BE were being cautious. Maybe things will pick up in the next segment.
Has anyone else actually listened to the show?

Anyone interested in the content thereof?

Frayed Knot

Has anyone else actually listened to the show?

Anyone interested in the content thereof?

I listened to it. Bob was taking great pains to be manipulative, trying to get AronRa to say something that he didn't really agree with. That whole business about the Sun being a "light" is just disingenuous. Probably AronRa didn't know the history of Pastor Bob's conversation with Michael Shermer.

AronRa should have said "well, the Sun gives off light, so in some trivial sense I guess you could say that it's a 'light,' although the primitive people who wrote Genesis wouldn't have used it that way. The trouble is that calling the Sun a 'light' without further explanation could mislead someone to think I'm saying something which I didn't really intend, so I prefer to avoid that."

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I listened to it. Bob was taking great pains to be manipulative, trying to get AronRa to say something that he didn't really agree with. That whole business about the Sun being a "light" is just disingenuous. Probably AronRa didn't know the history of Pastor Bob's conversation with Michael Shermer.

AronRa should have said "well, the Sun gives off light, so in some trivial sense I guess you could say that it's a 'light,' although the primitive people who wrote Genesis wouldn't have used it that way. The trouble is that calling the Sun a 'light' without further explanation could mislead someone to think I'm saying something which I didn't really intend, so I prefer to avoid that."

:chuckle:

All that to avoid the actual discussion. While the world was worshipping the sun as a god, the bible said it was a light and not to be worshipped.

Where's the "manipulation" and what possibly could be "misleading" about agreeing with this?

Granite

Hall of Fame

The longer the conversation goes on without Enyart getting the answer he wants, the more confrontational and testy Enyart will get.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
As Sod demonstrated for us, AronRa is hardly a leading anti-creationist on the web.

He google and found only Bob willing to say so.

Thanks, Sod.

some other dude

barbie whined:
barbie said:
... is not actually a leading anti-creationist on the web. There are many who are more prominent.

some other dude pondered:
some other dude said:
By what measure?

Is there some sort of ranking we should know about?

barbie? Care to share with us?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Your google search says it all, um? Four mentions of AronRa, all from Bob Enyart. No one else seems to think he's one of the leading anti-creationists on the web or anywhere else, for that matter.

Thanks for showing us that.

some other dude

Asked to back up his statement, barbie, still seething at having been hooked, played and landed like a largemouth bass, puts on a remarkable display of thrashing about in the bottom of the boat:
Your google search says it all, um? Four mentions of AronRa, all from Bob Enyart. No one else seems to think he's one of the leading anti-creationists on the web or anywhere else, for that matter.

Thanks for showing us that.

No?

Nothing you can show us?

Just your opinion?

Not surprising. :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
barbie presents bait

some other dude strips bait from hook

unaware his bait's gone, barbie attempts to present an empty hook