Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

WizardofOz

I am quite surprised to see that such a remark is being endorsed as though it isn't misogynistic.

I wonder if anything qualifies. Maybe it is actually a completely made-up phenomenon. There is actually no such thing as misogyny. It's something feminists made up to fight against 'the man'.

No scratch that ... about six months ago, I would have been surprised. Back at that time, when a moderator such as Bybee was told to shut up and mind her own business, the person making the remark would have received an infraction rather than giving the member a membership and demoting the moderator.

And no, no one is arguing that TOL isn't within their rights to do whatever they want whenever they can ... just because the wind changes.

Just try not to be down wind...;)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Good luck bybee, I hope that on your journey through life that you'll someday have a relationship with Jesus Christ, which of course means taking God's Word as seen in Holy Scripture serious.

Since bybee doesn't agree with his views, he wishes her a future relationship with Jesus, as if she doesn't have one now.

I'll acknowledge that I'm no where near as knowledgeable about Christian doctrine as you are (Aaron graduated with honors from "The Ron Paul Libertarian School of Theology" don't cha know), but what little I do know about Christianity, I do know that you can't defend and promote something that God abhors (like bybee has done with homosexuality: homosexual 'marriage' to be specific) and still have a relationship with God.

I won't keep you any longer Aaron, as I've heard that Ron Paul is gathering with many of his supporters for a 'family reunion' and I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss it.

ron-paul-white-power.jpg

Ron Paul posing for with Don Black, the founder of neo-Nazi website StormFront and past Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan[1]. The person in the hat is Derek Black[2], Don’s son. The person who is standing behind the camera taking the picture is Jamie Kelso[3].
http://ronpaulsupporters.com/white-power-groups/

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nobody can say this is imaginary, because I've dealt with it more than several times on here. I mean, even in my very first dispute, I was outright told that some members try to get others banned- and that's a little ridiculous.
For that reason, I believe the mods are just trying to be fair on the matter.

Fair means "we are giving multiple offenders another chance". No .. that isn't what happened.

Instead, the multiple offenders such as you and Climate sanity have slithered back into the forum under multiple user names. What that means is that every time a moderator previously banned you and CS's new ID's, they were wrong.

You know though, it's fine. Neither of you accept that your previous and current behavior was wrong and at some point you will repeat it.

Since nothing has changed, you will both continue with your previous behavior.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm disappointed too, Nori. I'm disappointed that you didn't speak out when ClimateSanity was calling women vicious animals, when sod said rape was a choice that women make, when Trad talked about the justice of beating in a wife's face until she was dead, and when Crucible said marital rape was impossible, and due to the sin of a wife.

Its clear the racism, bigotry and misogyny shown by the above four posters plus others is institutionally supported at TOL.

I am disappointed as well.

WizardofOz

I really just think the mods are standing up for the underdogs so that we don't feel insecure on here.

What makes you feel like an underdog?

Because here's the thing- several posters who I suppose I don't need to name have made it an agenda to make others look bad or make unpopular, and that's not cool..
a person's opinion or outlook on any particular subject should not be met with some sort of crusade against them.

Dude, it's a debate forum. You either need to have thick skin or you won't last no matter what views you hold.

There's a vicious antic therein to have a person question their status on the forum, produced by claims of them or misrepresenting what they say with an intent of having them be hemmed up by the rules of the board.

Have you received any infractions that you don't deserve?

Nobody can say this is imaginary, because I've dealt with it more than several times on here. I mean, even in my very first dispute, I was outright told that some members try to get others banned- and that's a little ridiculous.

You won't be banned just because someone wants you to be. You actually have to break the rules.

For that reason, I believe the mods are just trying to be fair on the matter.

This site has mods? Who knew? ;)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Fair means "we are giving multiple offenders another chance". No .. that isn't what happened.

Instead, the multiple offenders such as you and Climate sanity have slithered back into the forum under multiple user names. What that means is that every time a moderator previously banned you and CS's new ID's, they were wrong.

You know though, it's fine. Neither of you accept that your previous and current behavior was wrong and at some point you will repeat it.

keep pushing rusha

sherman's said her piece:

sherman said:
It was a decision of the staff to let him back. I think we now need to give it a rest instead of picking at him.

Sherman said:
There are some things that staff cannot discuss on the open board, but it was a mutual decision by staff including Knight to let you return. I was part of the decision process. I will discuss with you in a PM the reasons.

sherman said:
Seldom is a user permanently removed from TOL, even when they are an annoyance.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

So, no more 'New Guy' :idunno:

You make the same claim every other day, I deny it, and it keeps on just like that. For three months now.
I'm supposed to be this mythical poster from way back when who you no doubt made miserable- a poster without much patience.

My behavior has been pretty good on here. I've had a couple warnings for the couple of times you few blew things out of proportion.

Getting butthurt about it.

:rolleyes:

The only difference between you few and others who tread on the rules is that you few have found a way to troll and assault others legally- and everyone knows it.
And even then, calling people names.. I don't report things because I have thicker skin. You few are like Glass Hercules- all powerful, until a small pebble comes and cracks your constitution.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm stupid and brainwashed because I don't tow the "party line" with them. I don't think that all feminists are stupid because of them.

Not only were you in my social group, you have also read my posts for many years and know I have always supported stay at home moms.

The only line I have ever towed is one that protects others from violence and oppression just because they are not as physically able to defend themselves. Hence, my position as anti-abortion.

I have never referred to you as stupid or brainwashed ... but rather held you in high regard.

You are the one moderator I would have expected to speak out against comments claiming that women deserved to be raped ... and Traditio's latest rantings about giving women a good beating.

alwight

Since you were made a TOL moderator (and I assume that prestigious position has since been revoked), I've mockingly treated you with respect. While I had asked myself many times why a secular humanist like you was even considered for that position, I respected the decision that TOL management made and remained silent on the issue.
Sadly bybee who, as a decent human being, has been somewhat disappointed by the levels of conservative Christian bigotry endemic on ToL it seems.
I however wouldn't expect anything else and await your enrolment as a new ToL Mod aCW, just as soon as the dust has settled.
You might start practicing a gushing and lisping acceptance speech today perhaps? :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, no more 'New Guy' :idunno:.

Oh please ... everyone knows that you are not new. Angel, as well as many others, have confronted you and stated you should just come clean.

I am not going to be dishonest and claim you are not who everyone know you are. You have a long history on TOL and other forums of having blow outs ... and pretending you are new will not change that.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Oh please ... everyone knows that you are not new. Angel, as well as many others, have confronted you and stated you should just come clean.

I am not going to be dishonest and claim you are not who everyone know you are. You have a long history on TOL and other forums of having blow outs ... and pretending you are new will not change that.

Everyone, as in you, A4T, and Tambora. And the few who take your side, like Arthur.

:think:
No correlation there, huh?

The only thing to acknowledge is that it's a proof of what I've stated in all my recent posts here today.

ok doser

That was like 4 years ago.

Plus, if I recall correctly, my comments on its being "hilarious" were highly qualified.

liberals like zoo and anna don't understand nuance

I don't even remember the rationale for it.

i do

you were struck by the irony of a theater full of people expecting to see on screen what they unexpectedly were faced with in real life

the emos were outraged that you weren't as distraught as they

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sadly bybee who, as a decent human being, has been somewhat disappointed by the levels of conservative Christian bigotry endemic on ToL it seems.

Well, as much as I don't care to give credit to ACW for anything, at least he isn't one of those who jumped on the "beating your wife" and "women deserve to be raped" bandwagon.

ok doser

Well, as much as I don't care to give credit to ACW for anything, at least he isn't one of those who jumped on the "beating your wife" and "women deserve to be raped" bandwagon.

ya know - if someone says something that upsets you here, you can just ignore it :idunno:

it's not like you're gonna change any minds by acting like an outraged retard

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
when women choose to ignore behaviors that they know put them at risk of being sexually assaulted, then they have chosen the expected consequences of their actions

I have to disagree, they have not "chosen the consequences" but, have chosen to assume the risk of consequences happening for any said behavior, same could be said for any behavior that can have possible poor consequences. I don't believe any person deliberately goes out choosing bad things to befall them but some are willing to risk it, you see it with drugs, homosexuality, hetero sexual promiscuity , etc., they are all risky behaviors that have possible consequences but, nobody asks for it, so to speak.