Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

I so agree that He experiences time as we know it as I've stated in other posts ... but regarding his existing out side of time ... that is "time other than a state of ETERNITY" - I'll try to show you why I believe he is also outside of earthly time and eternal.

genuineoriginal, I hope this is the sort of thing you were wanting me to write.
It really helps to research the words used.
Deut. 33:26,27 KJV The eternal God is thy refuge...
The word translated "eternal" in this one place is translated very differently in other places in the KJV Bible
east 32, old 17, eastward 11, ancient 6, east side 5, before 3, east part 2, ancient time 2, aforetime 1, eternal 1, misc 7

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.​

Did God plant an eternal garden in Eden? Was the garden only on the east side of Eden? Was it an ancient garden planted in Eden?

How does this help establish that God is outside of time?
Where are the passages in the Bible that speak of God being outside of time?

Ps82

Hi genuineoriginal
You suggested:
It really helps to research the words used.

The word translated "eternal" in this one place is translated very differently in other places in the KJV Bible
east 32, old 17, eastward 11, ancient 6, east side 5, before 3, east part 2, ancient time 2, aforetime 1, eternal 1, misc 7

I like that definition for eternal just fine, because within it we find that the term forward ... could certainly be referring to "before all things: and in front ... could also be referring to "before all things"
This could certainly be considered to mean that God already existed before even the world was... so he is certainly not just limited to our frame work of time.

Why, even Jesus explains that he, as the WORD who was God, existed with the Father God when he shared the glory with the Father before the world was. John 17:4,5 KJV

These things certainly mean that the God who created the sun, moon, and stars, the earth, and all in it - even man and the Garden was the God who existed even BEFORE (IOW, forward and in front of) the world as we know it and before TIME as we know it.

You wrote and asked:
Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.[/LEFT][/BOX]
Did God plant an eternal garden in Eden?

Yes, because He existed before the Garden in the East.

You asked:
Was the garden only on the east side of Eden? Was it an ancient garden planted in Eden? Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.[/LEFT][/BOX]
Did God plant an eternal garden in Eden? Was the garden only on the east side of Eden? Was it an ancient garden planted in Eden?

How does this help establish that God is outside of time?

Well, I accept the inspired word of God as related to Moses for sharing. I believe Eden was a place and that the Garden existed in a particular location within it.

Now, here is a great question for you and I to ponder:
If the Garden was in the eastern part of Eden ... and then later (Gen.3:24 KJV) God placed Cherubims, and a flaming sword east of the garden ... then what existed east of east? Is it the far east or the nearer east?

We know one thing that this eastern door would be protecting an eastern place from which mankind had been exiled as mortals.

We also can see that God is the God who was (existed) BEFORE (forward, in front of) the first dwelling place of mankind (AKA - the eastern part of Eden.)

You asked:
Where are the passages in the Bible that speak of God being outside of time?

Well, if you read my post above ... you saw that I do not believe there is a place that co-exists along with God called - "OUTSIDE of God." ALL THINGS exist IN HIM and CONSIST of HIM.
Colossians 1:16,17 KJV

This means that even TIME actually exists IN HIM ... but due to the fact that He is omni-present ... He is aware of all TIMEwhich he created or established IN HIM.

I think the discussion of God existing OUTSIDE of time is a question with no answer ... because it is a faulty question. Time is IN HIM and HE is aware of any TIME measurements he has established.

You probably know that from planet to planet - time (such as length of days and years) changes? God is not limited to any particular time, but is aware of all time... which he established WITHIN HIMSELF.

Last edited:

Zeke

Well if you are asking... can a Calvinist be a Christian? Of course the answer is yes, I would never make the claim that somebody wasn't saved merely because they are a settled viewer.

However, I firmly believe that Calvinism and settled theism beliefs are the number one reason (as far as bad theology is concerned) that turn people away from God. I can't tell you how many atheists, agnostics, and "former believers" I meet that tell me that they just couldn't buy the notion that God predestines people to go to hell or predestines vile wicked behavior, or that God knew from an eternity past who they were supposed to marry, etc. That's why this issue is so important. Anything that wrongly depicts God's character and attributes runs the danger of turning people away, and settled theism is the number one offender.

Oh, and I also should add... settled theism is also a real killer for many Christian's walk with God. We know so many neat Christian folks who are just flat-out confused with God. They are constantly wondering why did God have me do this or that. What does God want me to do next??? They feel like they are in some cosmic gauntlet that God has devised for them. It truly gets in the way of their relationship with God.

P.S. I went to Del Frisco's last night. It was a blast! They had an amazing Frank Sinatra impersonator. I had a Drew Estate Undercrown, it was really good.

Whats more scary evil manifesting by itself without Gods knowledge, and a God to inept to stop it? Or created for Gods purpose and plan that he is in complete control of? yours is alot more unsettling thats for sure.
The predestinated hell doctrine can't be laid on the settled view ( good propaganda though) because calvanism which wasn't around till? And the reconciliation of all of Gods creation was held by some of the early saints, without the concept of hell that came along with the english translations.

Even you still believe in hell so how is yours any better than the calvanist when push comes to shove? it aint.

Ps82

Whats more scary evil manifesting by itself without Gods knowledge, and a God to inept to stop it? Or created for Gods purpose and plan that he is in complete control of? yours is alot more unsettling thats for sure.
The predestinated hell doctrine can't be laid on the settled view ( good propaganda though) because calvanism which wasn't around till? And the reconciliation of all of Gods creation was held by some of the early saints, without the concept of hell that came along with the english translations.

Even you still believe in hell so how is yours any better than the calvanist when push comes to shove? it aint.

Evil did not manifest itself. It is not a living thing with creative ability.

Evil existed within God's bank of total bank of knowledge before man was ever created.

Within God's bank of knowledge there is ALLknowledge. This means that God knew about good and evil. Yet, there is something God calls His wisdom ... and He tells us that we should seek after wisdom.

In fact, God had withheld specific knowledge from mankind in the beginning. He withheld the knowledge of BOTH good AND EVIL. This would have caused Adam and Woman to first have been innocents ... yet, their obtaining the knowledge of good AND evil by an act of disobedience brought "judgement" into the world, and their age of innocence was over.

Once mankind had both the knowledge of good AND evil, then they began to evaluate what they thought was good and what they thought was evil. Humans began to judge everything - each other, themselves, and even God. Judgment truly entered the world, and I think this refers more to man's judgment against each other more than to God's judgment against mankind.

Evil behaviors began when mankind began to do things based on the awareness of evil now found in their minds.

God did not create evil ... and evil did not manifest itself. It was part of God's "total knowledge." God could handle it ... and use wisdom ... but men with their free-will cannot handle it, but must labor to grasp wisdom.

genuineoriginal

This means that even TIME actually exists IN HIM ... but due to the fact that He is omni-present ... He is aware of all TIMEwhich he created or established IN HIM.

I think the discussion of God existing OUTSIDE of time is a question with no answer ... because it is a faulty question. Time is IN HIM and HE is aware of any TIME measurements he has established.

You probably know that from planet to planet - time (such as length of days and years) changes? God is not limited to any particular time, but is aware of all time... which he established WITHIN HIMSELF.

This is very convoluted and does not make any sense.

Your solution to the question of whether God exists in a "state of eternity" that exists outside of time is to move time so time exists inside of God?
You claim that God is not limited to any particular time (like December 4, 1941). Well, I am not limited to any particular time, either.
You say God is aware of all time. What does that mean?

genuineoriginal

Whats more scary evil manifesting by itself without Gods knowledge, and a God to inept to stop it?
You knocked down that strawman very easily. Now try to accurately portray what the Open Theist thoughts are about whether anything created itself without God and whether God is inept.
Or created for Gods purpose and plan that he is in complete control of?
The scarier scenario is a god who has an evil plan that involves deceiving everyone that believes in him into thinking he is good while he systematically makes each person do the evil which he forbid them from doing while ensuring that they know what they are doing is wrong.
That kind of god is unpredictible in his cruelty and cannot be relied on in his promises.

genuineoriginal

Once mankind had both the knowledge of good AND evil, then they began to evaluate what they thought was good and what they thought was evil. Humans began to judge everything - each other, themselves, and even God. Judgment truly entered the world, and I think this refers more to man's judgment against each other more than to God's judgment against mankind.
In the Bible, the use of the word "judgment" refers to an act of punishment after the establishment of guilt, not the act of determining whether someone is guilty or not.

Ps82

In the Bible, the use of the word "judgment" refers to an act of punishment after the establishment of guilt, not the act of determining whether someone is guilty or not.

Thank you for reading my replies for you.
Your view of the definition of the word judgment is very limited. I did not say that God doesn't JUDGE... for He does. Yet, men also judge.

We judge people all day long without there being any trial or charges, and we are not always a FAIR judge.

Actually, did you know that judgment can even be a good thing? God, the GOOD FAIR JUDGE, judges all the world ... and some receive blessings while others face promised consequences.

What a blessing to be judged by God and found not guilty! Thank you Lord Jesus for paying the price to cover my sins... and for restoring me to a position of favor in God.

If you read Ps82 you will find the the ONE GOOD FAIR DIVINE JUDGE is judging among the mighty 'g'ods. He finds the (super-natural being) standing before him guilty of his crimes and sentences him to die like men.

Yet, the 'god' standing before The God Almighty tries to defend himself by accusing God of being an unfair JUDGE by being so merciful to mankind ... This particular 'god' accuses mankind of being unworthy of God's mercy, of being like a poor needy fatherless child, of being clueless about what is going on, and of being the cause that the world is out of course.

I happen to think that angelic being was right about humanity. We don't deserve God's goodness and mercy ... we are poor and in need ... we are clueless ... and our forefather Adam did cause the whole world to be out of course... BUT our God is merciful and loves us anyway.

Man's judgment was to be cast out of the Garden and to face physical death ... BUT God had already formed A PLAN of salvation for us. In Ps. 82:8 KJV the Almighty divine JUDGE said this: Arise, O God, judge the world and inherit the nations.
Just like Isaiah 43:11 KJV says... God our LORD is our savior!!!

Last edited:

Ps82

This is very convoluted and does not make any sense.

Your solution to the question of whether God exists in a "state of eternity" that exists outside of time is to move time so time exists inside of God?
You claim that God is not limited to any particular time (like December 4, 1941). Well, I am not limited to any particular time, either.
You say God is aware of all time. What does that mean?

There is no outside of God ... God is omni-present because all things are IN HIM and consist OF HIM. Time measurements are IN HIM cause he established the WAY for marking off times WITHIN HIMSELF.

The way God is a ware of all time is that God is always aware of all that is IN HIM. The evidence of this ability was the example which was given of how God was aware of the number hairs on a person's head at any given moment. He is aware of everything - that includes the recording of times.

Zeke

Evil did not manifest itself. It is not a living thing with creative ability.

Evil existed within God's bank of total bank of knowledge before man was ever created.

Within God's bank of knowledge there is ALLknowledge. This means that God knew about good and evil. Yet, there is something God calls His wisdom ... and He tells us that we should seek after wisdom.

In fact, God had withheld specific knowledge from mankind in the beginning. He withheld the knowledge of BOTH good AND EVIL. This would have caused Adam and Woman to first have been innocents ... yet, their obtaining the knowledge of good AND evil by an act of disobedience brought "judgement" into the world, and their age of innocence was over.

Evil behaviors began when mankind began to do things based on the awareness of evil now found in their minds.

God did not create evil ... and evil did not manifest itself. It was part of God's "total knowledge." God could handle it ... and use wisdom ... but men with their free-will cannot handle it, but must labor to grasp wisdom.

Evil is but wasn't created, it just is in your opinion? So when someone is raped or murdered it just is, it manifested just because.

God created all things, man may have a hard time with it, but someday we will understand and bow to his wisdom for creating it even though its ugly and beyond our ability to justify it coming from Him. Most religeous minded have no problem with a eternal torture pit but get all flustered when evil is said to be Gods responsiblity.

Zeke

genuineoriginal;2883825]You knocked down that strawman very easily. Now try to accurately portray what the Open Theist thoughts are about whether anything created itself without God and whether God is inept.

Your statement below shows my senario is on target.

The scarier scenario is a god who has an evil plan that involves deceiving everyone that believes in him into thinking he is good while he systematically makes each person do the evil which he forbid them from doing while ensuring that they know what they are doing is wrong.
That kind of god is unpredictible in his cruelty and cannot be relied on in his promises.

Thats your theory, God used it for his purpose not the above conjecture so you can justify yours, so you can let God off the hook for evil being present in "HIS creation". You sin because your a sinner God doesn't need to help you, you need his help in the plan that has both good and evil attached to it with a promise that he will make man able, only after the old man dies and the new is born to have the knowledge of good and evil and not sin through His Spirit.

God created it and can use it like a tool, which he did to make the cross possible.

Ps82

Evil is but wasn't created, it just is in your opinion? So when someone is raped or murdered it just is, it manifested just because.

God created all things, man may have a hard time with it, but someday we will understand and bow to his wisdom for creating it even though its ugly and beyond our ability to justify it coming from Him. Most religeous minded have no problem with a eternal torture pit but get all flustered when evil is said to be Gods responsiblity.

Evil is part of the collection of knowledge. Knowledge is not a tangible thing. It is intangible and "of the essence of which dreams are made" or around which choices of behavior are ultimately made.

God having all knowledge and wisdom had access to the information about evil ... but only God is GOOD; therefore, God does not act upon evil. Why, God made a deliberate choice to withhold the knowledge of evil from humanity. Why he allowed mankind to have the ability to grasp it ... I'm not sure. I figure that He even had a purpose for allowing that ... but that's another subject.

Any way, it was not until mankind grasped the additional knowledge through an act of disobedience by their freewill that man then had the intangible information/knowledge upon which they could make choices to committ evil acts.

Because God had or has access to all knowledge (including evil) does not make Him evil nor does it make Him responsible for man's choice to commit evil.

Yet, being a merciful God, and knowing that man would ultimately grasp the forbidden knowledge, He chose to provide a savior for humanity before he ever created mankind, and I think it may have had something to do with His being fair to humanity.

Even Satan is puzzled over why God is so merciful to humanity. If you read Ps 82 you will find that it is Satan standing before God accusing Him of being an unfair judge because He was being so good to humanity - who didn't deserve such mercy.

genuineoriginal

Thank you for reading my replies for you.
Your view of the definition of the word judgment is very limited. I did not say that God doesn't JUDGE... for He does. Yet, men also judge.

We judge people all day long without there being any trial or charges, and we are not always a FAIR judge.

Actually, did you know that judgment can even be a good thing? God, the GOOD FAIR JUDGE, judges all the world ... and some receive blessings while others face promised consequences.
I was not trying to say that God does not judge, nor was I trying to say that man does not judge. I was trying to point out that our modern understanding of "judgment" is the mental facilities needed to judge, whereas the meaning most often used in the Bible is condemnation.

Look at all the Hebrew and Greek words translated as "judge" and "judgment" in the KJV and the other ways they were translated.
Old Testament (Hebrew) for "judge"
  • H148 'adargazer (Aramaic) ad·ar''·gä·zār' judge(s)
  • H430 'elohiym el·ō·hēm' God, god, judge, GOD, goddess, great, mighty, angels, exceeding, God-ward, godly
  • H1777 diyn dēn judge, plead the cause, contend, execute, plead, strife
  • H1778 diyn (Aramaic) dēn judge, tread out
  • H1781 dayan dah·yän' judge
  • H1782 dayan (Aramaic) dah·yän' judge
  • H6416 pĕliyliy pel·ē·lē' judge
  • H6419 palal pä·lal' pray, made, judge, intreat, judgment, prayer, supplication, thought
  • H8199 shaphat shä·fat' judge (v), judge (n), plead, avenged, condemn, execute, judgment, defend, deliver, misc
Old Testament (Hebrew) for "judgment"
  • H4941 mishpat mish·pät' judgment, manner, right, cause, ordinance, lawful, order, worthy, fashion, custom, discretion, law, measure, sentence, misc
  • H6419 palal pä·lal' pray, made, judge, intreat, judgment, prayer, supplication, thought
  • H6485 paqad pä·kad' number, visit, punish, appoint, commit, miss, set, charge, governor, lack, oversight, officers, counted, empty, ruler, overseer, judgment
  • H8199 shaphat shä·fat' judge (v), judge (n), plead, avenged, condemn, execute, judgment, defend, deliver, misc

New Testament (Greek) for "judge"
  • G350 anakrinō ä-nä-krē'-nō examine, judge, ask question, search, discern
  • G1252 diakrinō dē-ä-krē'-nō doubt, judge, discern, contend, waver, misc
  • G1348 dikastēs dē-kä-stā's judge
  • G2919 krinō krē'-nō judge, determine, condemn, go to law, call in question, esteem, misc
  • G2922 kritērion krē-tā'-rē-on to judge, judgment, judgment seat
  • G2923 kritēs krē-tā's judge, Judge
New Testament (Greek) for "judgment"
  • G144 aisthēsis ī's-thā-sēs judgment
  • G968 bēma bā'-mä judgment seat, throne, to set (one's) foot on
  • G1106 gnōmē gnō'-mā judgment, mind, purpose, advice, will, agree
  • G1341 dikaiokrisia dē-kīo-krē-sē'-ä righteous judgment
  • G1345 dikaiōma dē-kī'-ō-mä righteousness, ordinance, judgment, justification
  • G1349 dikē dē'-kā vengeance, judgment, punish
  • G2917 krima krē'-mä judgment, damnation, condemnation, be condemned, go to law, avenge
  • G2920 krisis krē'-sēs judgment, damnation, accusation, condemnation
  • G2922 kritērion krē-tā'-rē-on to judge, judgment, judgment seat
  • G4232 praitōrion prī-tō'-rē-on judgment hall, hall of judgment, common hall, praetorium, palace

John 7:24
24Judge (G2919) not according to the appearance, but judge (G2919) righteous judgment (G2920).​

It says don't determine according to the appearance but determine righteous condemnation.

Zeke

Ps82;2884272]Evil is part of the collection of knowledge. Knowledge is not a tangible thing. It is intangible and "of the essence of which dreams are made" or around which choices of behavior are ultimately made.

If it was an intangible then it wouldn't literaly have any consequence, and like a dream you could awake and have no liability to it, thats not how the real world works, and sounds like a form of eastern meditation.

God having all knowledge and wisdom had access to the information about evil ... but only God is GOOD; therefore, God does not act upon evil. Why, God made a deliberate choice to withhold the knowledge of evil from humanity. Why he allowed mankind to have the ability to grasp it ... I'm not sure. I figure that He even had a purpose for allowing that ... but that's another subject.

Sounds like its a legend written in a book that God has in his library in glory, I agree God has all knowledge and wisdom, and with that created all things (thats includes evil) on earth and heaven knowing full well what would happen, and if he didn't fully know the consequence then it is his moral responsibility to fully reconcile every creature it infected, and its still the same if he did know because he left man in a child like state to be infected by something he couldn't deal with or overcome.

Any way, it was not until mankind grasped the additional knowledge through an act of disobedience by their freewill that man then had the intangible information/knowledge upon which they could make choices to committ evil acts.

God left them like ignorant children in a place that he knew was vunerable, that along makes him a canidate for the child protection agency. But he did it on purpose, its one we can't fully grasp but we have to trust that he knows what he is doing.

Because God had or has access to all knowledge (including evil) does not make Him evil nor does it make Him responsible for man's choice to commit evil.

Agree God isn't evil, but he still has the soverign position that makes him responsible for what goes on in his kingdom, if not then he has lost control which is why I can't except the open view that can't except God made all things, including evil. It has a purpose or God wouldn't have let it leaven to whole lump.

Yet, being a merciful God, and knowing that man would ultimately grasp the forbidden knowledge, He chose to provide a savior for humanity before he ever created mankind, and I think it may have had something to do with His being fair to humanity.

Your make it sound like it wasn't preventable, God let it happen because he wanted it to happen. Every knee will bow on earth and heaven because His love will triump over evil which is the lesson being taught to all his children.

Even Satan is puzzled over why God is so merciful to humanity. If you read Ps 82 you will find that it is Satan standing before God accusing Him of being an unfair judge because He was being so good to humanity - who didn't deserve such mercy.

Wouldn't be mercy if it was deserved, God knew if we deserved it then that would produce pride, we need contrast to understand the difference between good and evil and all that can exist in both, one has to experience the power of both.

Ps82

genuineoriginal,
All that word study is helpful and interesting, and I also love to refer to my Strong's Concordance, BUT I know that a reader should take into account all the definitions of a word and then allow contextual clues to dictate which meaning is appropriate for the specific written account.

When I referred to "judgement entered the world"... I realized that God, the ONE Good judge, had already judged what Adam had done ... and because the sentence for the crime was announced before Adam and Woman actually partook of the forbidden knowledge, God had already judged the world ... In fact, God cursed the GROUND! And God told Adam that He cursed the GROUND for man's sake. God did bring judgment upon the WORLD, but he did it for man's sake.

Of course, this curse upon the world brought physical death to man's body, which had been formed from the elements of the world called GROUND. Mankind became mortal after God judged and pronounced the curse upon the GROUND!

But my second point was the because mankind had taken in an additional knowledge of good and evil ... then the ability for man to differentiate between things in his mind and in his world led mankind to start judging for themselves about what they thought was good and what they thought was evil. To this day people can't always agree in one accord about what is good and what is evil. Some say anything goes as long as it doesn't hurt someone else. Some call evil good and yet others call good evil.

My example was just another way that "judgment" had entered the world after the "fall."

You are making "a big to-do" over something that is so simple to understand.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

genuineoriginal,

You are making "a big to-do" over something that is so simple to understand.
It must not be simple to understand, else you would understand it like I do.

When I referred to "judgement entered the world"... I realized that God the ONE Good judge had already judged what Adam had done ... and because the sentence for the crime was announced before Adam and Woman partook of the forbidden knowledge, God did judge the world ... In fact, God cursed the GROUND! And God told Adam that He cursed the GROUND for man's sake. God did bring judgment upon the WORLD, but he did it for man's sake.
The choice of words is important for conveying information.

The penalty for eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was announced before Adam partook of it.
The penalty was that Adam would die on the day he ate.
That penalty was not carried out, but was changed into a different penalty.
Instead of Adam dying, an animal died to provide skins to clothe Adam's nakedness, the ground was cursed, and Adam was cursed to labor for his food.

If God's plan was for Adam to die on the day he ate, then God's plan didn't come to pass.
If God knew that Adam would not die on the day he ate, then God also knew that He would speak something that would become a lie when it didn't come to pass.

That leaves two basic ways for us to reconcile what God said with what happened:
  1. Adam died allegorically
  2. God had mercy on Adam

Ps82

genuineoriginal
You wrote:
The penalty for eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was announced before Adam partook of it.

I agree

You added:
The penalty was that Adam would die on the day he ate.

I disagree, if you think this meant within a 24 day found on earth. Man began to die ... for death was made a process that occurred over time. It is obvious that men did not die physically within 24 hours of the curse ... for God took time to send Adam away from Him (Genesis 3) ... and out of the Garden to live and produce children. (Genesis 4)

You wrote:
That penalty was not carried out, but was changed into a different penalty.

O really. I thought people to this day die. Hmmm?

You say:
Instead of Adam dying, an animal died to provide skins to clothe Adam's nakedness, the ground was cursed, and Adam was cursed to labor for his food.

What animal died? If you can't name the animal, then I wonder if I should accept your conclusion.

You wrote:
If God's plan was for Adam to die on the day he ate, then God's plan didn't come to pass.
If God knew that Adam would not die on the day he ate, then God also knew that He would speak something that would become a lie when it didn't come to pass.

Well, rambling a bit here... but Mankind did begin to die and to sin from that time forward ... to this day. I'd say that things are progressing as God thought. Why, God even sent his divine Son, just at the right time to accomplish his work for man's sake.

You wrote:
That leaves two basic ways for us to reconcile what God said with what happened:
  1. Adam died allegorically
  2. God had mercy on Adam

Death is not an allegory. It is literal. No one living looks forward to physically passing through the shadow of death.

Yet death is an example of God's mercy, because death is like a doorway into what God has promised mankind.

Are you aware that there is a first death and then a second death?
The first is physical ... the second is spiritual and it happens sometime after the risen Savior returns.

Once I was questioning God about why life on earth had to be so hard ... especially since our Lord Jesus has finished his work toward our salvation through his death and resurrection. I wanted to know why God had not fixed everything right then and there so that my life would be perfect.

Well, God interrupted my questioning and shut my mouth by calling my name ... and saying: "I waited on you!" Then he flooded my mind with scripture truths.

a.) God commanded humanity to multiply and reproduce.
b.) He had established that as a process to occur over time ...
c.) therefore, death needed to be done in the same way - a process over time .... because that was the only way to allow for humanity to keep producing children unto HIM before people died.
God, by allowing birth and death to happen over time made it possible for me to be born ... and for you to be born ... etc., etc., etc...
d.) When God ends all things and makes the world anew ... there will be no taking into marriage ... we will be like angels... and there will be no more multiplying and reproducing.

I stopped whining in prayer and said that no matter how rough life may get ... I will always be thankful for God's wisdom and for His allowing time for me to be born and receive my salvation unto his kingdom. I made a commitment to keep my eyes on the promises that await me ... and asked for his help in this world.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

What animal die? If you can't name the animal, then I wonder if I should accept your conclusion.

Genesis 3:21
21Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.​

Yet death is an example of God's mercy, because death is like a doorway into what God has promised mankind.
:rotfl:
You think Adam's sin brought in mercy killings.

Ps82

Genesis 3:21
21Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.​

You think Adam's sin brought in mercy killings.

Now, genuineoriginal you're beginning to sound silly.

I made my point - you can't name the animal and you have made up the part about that animal being some sort of sacrifice for man's sins. You say that sort of thing - only because that is what someone else has told you to think. Scripture does not tell us that.

Now, there are clues that the offering which Abel offered pleased God ... and that this may have set the stage for future animal sacrifices in the days of Abraham (when God provided a ram in place of the sacrifice of Isaac) and in the days of Moses, priests, and the tabernacle. But this is all way off of topic.

Now, back to time being IN GOD. I'll try to keep it simple by asking a few questions.

Who created the sun, moon, and stars?
IN WHOM do these things exist?
Who is in control of their very existence and movements?
Who said that these would be used to mark days and nights and seasons and years?

Ans.
Obviously, God.

By creating these things IN HIM and saying that men should use them as measurements ... then it was God who established TIME ... and He created the WAY to measure it, and God created and established these things IN HIM ... therefore, TIME is WITHIN HIM.

There is no place co-existing with God called "outside of God"!
There is also no empty space co-existing with God where there is a vacuum of nothingness.

If these two things were true, then God would surely be a limited God, and it could not be said that he is omni-present with all things existing IN HIM.

Yet, while TIME is IN GOD ... God also found a way to enter into TIME - even our times of days and nights, seasons and years. He did this by coming as the Lord and Savior.
Isaiah 43:11 KJV.

Status
Not open for further replies.