Presidential Debates

Presidential Debates

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nobody knows for certain who will win on Nov. 8 — but one man is pretty sure: Professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted the winner of the popular vote in every presidential election since 1984.
When we sat down in May, he explained how he comes to a decision. Lichtman's prediction isn't based on horse-race polls, shifting demographics or his own political opinions. Rather, he uses a system of true/false statements he calls the "Keys to the White House" to determine his predicted winner.
And this year, he says, Donald Trump is the favorite to win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-whos-predicted-30-years-of-presidential-outc

they were interviewing him on the cbc when i got home last night -

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Pro-Clinton ads around my area are attacking Trump on the basis of 'think of your daughters' or 'think of the veterans'- basically the same nonsense that circled around the feminist and good-ol-boy-'merican crowds.

And they both lost their influence on the basis of their own absurdity, so I don't see Clinton beating Trump :)

Last edited:

Jose Fly

image.jpeg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When Clinton claimed Trump had said climate change was a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese, Trump interjected "I did not. I did not. I do not say that."

He lied: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385
Clinton lied when she said that she did NOT say TPP was the gold standard she hoped it would be. Th actual quote of what she said is "TPP sets the gold standard"

Did you notice Hellary's disgusting little wiggle? I call it the "Lyin' Wiggle" with fake smiles and a smug attitude

Jose Fly

Donald hasn't learned one of the basic rules of the internet....don't deny saying something that's documented all over the internet.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'm in the library at school at the moment, procrastinating on a stats assignment and online exam, and i'm listening to the students at other tables talk about how disgusted they were with the circus last night :darwinsm:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hillary thinks all white Americans have "implicit bias" - we don't even know it, but we're all racist according to her. Especially police

commonsense

Do you agree with the Canadians assessment of U.S citizens being "The Great Unwashed?"
Yes, in retrospect an inaccurate choice of words. Thank you for pointing this out. Studies of polls repeatedly show that Trump has greatest support amongst those with lesser education while Clinton has the greater support amongst those with college or university education. This is the point I intended to make.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yeah, he needs to calm down. But I think that was his plan all along. When it comes to political knowledge Trump is severely lacking.
Yes he is. I read some comments earlier (wish I could find it again) that said something to the effect that Trump has some strong arguments but he's so hyperbolic that it ends up hurting his points. Everything is extreme with him.

I'm sick of his sniffing.
I didn't notice that at all and I'm surprised because apparently it was really obvious and became a huge thing.

I only watched the first half of the debate but I think Clinton won. I think she tried VERY hard to come across as calm and laid back. It ended up seeming fake but I think she scored some points by just shrugging off some of his more extreme accusations.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Hillary was much too smug and tried to smile too much. She is establishment and will continue down the road of debt and bad economics. She can't command the military and run this country. The email debacle was not talked about really. I can't wait for the 2nd debate, Trump will be much more relaxed and dominating.
Yes, I think smug is a good label.