Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

TY, yes they are!

I always agree with all your statements!

Christ was set up as The Mediator / Surety in the Everlasting Covenant
to do the Work His Father gave Him to do John 17:4, which was to shed His Blood
exclusively for those sons of men Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world.

1 Pet. 1:18-20 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things,
as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(v.19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
(v.20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Is. 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand,
and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles

Christ is the Surety or Pledger of that Covenant for God's Chosen People Eph. 1:3-4; 1 Pet. 2:9.
out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation!

Rev. 5:9-10 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:
for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people,
and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

~~~~~

Amen!

beloved57

Called unto the fellowship of Jesus Christ !

Called unto the fellowship of Jesus Christ !

1 Cor 1:6-9

6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Call of the Gospel as it pertains to Salvation, its a Call to the redeemed unto the Fellowship of God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ ! This being the case, its of necessity that the ones being called are Holy, the Children of Light, they must already be New Creatures, Babes, for the simple fact, Christ is who Light cannot fellowship with darkness, and before being Spiritual babes, we are not only in darkness, but we are darkness Eph 5:8

8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

That applies to us all by nature ! God doesn't call darkness to the fellowship of the Light 2 Cor 6:14

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Before fellowship with Christ, iniquity must be taken away before God can receive us into fellowship Hos 14:2

Take with you words, and turn to the Lord: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

The Gospel for us to come to Christ or God in Christ, its only to those who have had their iniquity taken away 2 Cor 5:19-21

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is the Testimony of God confirmed in the Called 1 Cor 1:6 !

Now what many false teachers neglect to realize is that the Call in Vs 20 is strictly to them that have no sin charged to them or to their account Vs 19,

Iniquity for them has been taken away, they have been made New Creatures Vs 17, and now is their Call to Fellowship in the Truth, with Him that was made sin for them, that they should be made the Righteousness of God in Him , 1 Cor 1:9 ! Again God cannot and will Call darkness unto the Fellowship of the Gospel and His Son ! Phil 1:4-6

4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

beloved57

They are Gospel Commands for the regenerate !

They are Gospel Commands for the regenerate !

We have read in scripture the commands or imperatives to repent and believe the Gospel, or similar to it ! Mk 1:15

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

BTW in the original it is THE Gospel with the definite article, because its the one and only Gospel of God, there are no other Gospels !

All this mess about it being different gospels for different dispensations and people is nothing but a Lie !

Acts 19:4

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Acts 16:31

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house

The word believe here in the original is an imperative making it a command to be obeyed, not an offer !

Now these commands cannot be issued to any by nature, for all men by nature are experimentally under the Law, the Covenant of works as was Adam, under which the alternatives are only fully obey the command of God or die, repentance is not an option, this is the mandate to all by nature; hence to demand Gospel obedience to men and women in nature is against the Nature, Holiness and Truth of God, the soul that sinneth it must die ! Thats the strict Justice of the Law or Covenant of Works !

So Gospel Commands can only apply to experimentally New Creatures in Christ, Born of God, Born of the Spirit. This is so to give evidence of New Life from Christ, and so Faith and Repentance are Gifts Granted from that New Life from Christ, which indicated they were not under the Law by Nature, but Under Grace by the Spirit ! So its not even possible to command those in nature, the flesh, unregenerate to Repent and Believe the Gospel !

beloved57

They are Gospel Commands for the regenerate ! 2

They are Gospel Commands for the regenerate ! 2

Again, by nature, Man is under a Covenant of Works as was man was in Adam, and by it obligated to Obey God's Law in every precept of it without one plea for mercy in coming short of it, Perfect Obedience is demanded or else death. In Adam/nature we cannot sin then beg mercy, under law men die without mercy Heb 10:28

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Now Cp Jn 1:17

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Also, the Law came by Adam at the first , in keeping God's Command or else ! Gen 2:15-17

15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

There is not a hint of mercy in the violation of this Commandment !

The Covenant of Moses was in principle was nothing more than a enlarged reflection of the Covenant with Adam ! Man in nature violated , broke these Covenants !

God says about man in Adam Hos 6:7

But they like men/adam have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

He says about man under the Law/Covenant of Moses Jer 31:32

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

Thats because it was a Covenant mandated upon strict Justice, without Mercy !

And so it is with all men by nature, they cannot be under the Gospel Covenant of Grace which Faith and Repentance are involved !

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Nanja

Again, by nature, Man is under a Covenant of Works as was man was in Adam, and by it obligated to Obey God's Law in every precept of it without one plea for mercy in coming short of it, Perfect Obedience is demanded or else death. In Adam/nature we cannot sin then beg mercy, under law men die without mercy Heb 10:28

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Now Cp Jn 1:17

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Also, the Law came by Adam at the first , in keeping God's Command or else ! Gen 2:15-17

15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

There is not a hint of mercy in the violation of this Commandment !

The Covenant of Moses was in principle was nothing more than a enlarged reflection of the Covenant with Adam ! Man in nature violated , broke these Covenants !

God says about man in Adam Hos 6:7

But they like men/adam have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

He says about man under the Law/Covenant of Moses Jer 31:32

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

Thats because it was a Covenant mandated upon strict Justice, without Mercy !

And so it is with all men by nature, they cannot be under the Gospel Covenant of Grace which Faith and Repentance are involved !

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

TY for this very edifying 2 Part study on
"They are Gospel Commands for the regenerate!"

This highlighted statement in #783 bears repeating:

We have read in scripture the commands or imperatives to repent and believe the Gospel, or similar to it ! Mk 1:15

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

BTW in the original it is THE Gospel with the definite article, because its the one and only Gospel of God, there are no other Gospels !

All this mess about it being different gospels for different dispensations and people is nothing but a Lie !

Thanking God for You!

~~~~~

beloved57

The Gospel is sent positively to them that are to obey it !

The Gospel is sent positively to them that are to obey it !

1Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Obedience here is Gospel Obedience, like when Paul said of the Gentiles Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul wrote to some this Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

That is to them is sent by God the Gospel of their Salvation, the Word of Truth Eph 1:13.

Understand something here about Acts 13:26, God is doing the sending, and its being sent by God to a place of His Divineappointment and purpose.

Also God does not send a word of Salvation, or the Gospel of ones Salvation to a lost person, but to them that Fears God, Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

A lost person does not fear God, Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

But when God sends the Gospel to them that Fear Him from a New Regenerated Heart, it is so that they may believe it and or obey it ! To believe its Doctrines, recall Paul writing to the Roman Believers this Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Now in the original this would read quite different " Thanks[be] moreover to God, that you used to be servants of sin, you have become obedient moreover, from the heart, to which you were entrusted to the form of teaching !

The ASV captures the original :

17 But thanks be to God, that, whereas ye were servants of sin, ye became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto ye were delivered;

See the force of that ? In other words they were delivered to, or handed over to the Gospel Doctrines to obey from the Heart !

beloved57

The Gospel is sent positively to them that are to obey it !2

The Gospel is sent positively to them that are to obey it !2

Just as some men have been appointed to stumbling and disobedience of the Word 1 Pet 2:8

8 and, A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence; for they stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

That word stumbling is the greek word proskoptō and means:

D.to be made to stumble by a thing

i.i.e. metaph. to be induced to sin

They were appointed to this sin of disobedience, they were appointed to be offended by Christ and His Doctrine and Cause !

But to some they had been appointed to obedience to the Gospel, and to such, the Gospel would be the ver converting power of God, and they were delivered unto it Rom 6:17 by God sending it to them.

Thats why Paul says that God be Thanked for their Obeying of the Truth from the Heart Rom 6:17

17 But thanks be to God, that, whereas ye were servants of sin, ye became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto ye were delivered;

In other words " thanks be to God ye became obedient from the heart"

Their becoming obedient to the Word was due not to their own freewill, but to God working in them both to will and to do of His Good Pleasure Phil 2:12-13

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Our obedience is effected by God's Working in us both to will and to do:

That word will theleo :

I.to will, have in mind, intend

B.to desire, to wish

A.to be resolved or determined, to purpose

Thats saying that our every wish, desire, having in mind, intention, resolution and purpose to do God's Good Pleasure is effected by and evidence that God is working in us !

beloved57

The Gospel is sent positively to them that are to obey it !3

The Gospel is sent positively to them that are to obey it !3

Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

God is to be Thanked if and when one believes or obeys from the Heart, because if God would not have first given them a Heart to Fear Him according to the Covenant Jer 32:40

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Without that, man cannot obey God from the Heart. The man by nature cannot obey God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The word mind phronéma is inclusive of the Heart as well it means:

thought, purpose, aspirations.

phrónēma (a neuter noun) – properly visceral opinion (the innermost, personal level of opinion); inner perspective as it determines (regulating) outward behavior, especially as it bears on the outward results (i.e. of exercising personal insight). Note the suffix, -ma, pointing to the result of the verbal idea. See 5429 (phronimos).

Thats why scripture speaks of blindness of Heart Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

And blindness of the Mind 2 Cor 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The Mind is the intellectual aspect of the Heart, and so man by nature, his mind/heart is enmity against God, and not subject to obey God !

But thats exactly what one does when they become a believer, they obey God, they obey the Gospel which is antithesis to not obeying it as here told Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Which is the exact opposite of those who Paul Thanked God for obeying the Gospel in Rom 6:17

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

The proud religious person will thank his freewill for any semblance of obedience to God !

The word obeyed in Rom 6:17 is the greek word hupakouó:

/hypakoúō ("obey") is acting under the authority of the one speaking, i.e. really listening to the one giving the charge (order). 5219 /hypakoúō ("to hearken, obey") suggests attentively listening, i.e. fully compliant (responsive).

to hearken to a command, i. e. to obey, be obedient unto, submit to,

And yet thats what the unregenerate heart/mind cannot do according to Rom 8:7 !

So once again, if we have Believed from the Heart, or Obeyed from the Heart the True Gospel, God is to be Thanked, that He delivered us over to its Power Rom 1:16 !

beloved57

Cant know Gospel by nature !

We know a man in the state of nature cannot believe the Gospel revelation, for believing denotes knowing 2 Tim 1:12

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1 Jn 4:16

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 Jn 5:13

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

And yet Paul writes of the natural man 1 Cor 2:11,14

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

Now what foolish person would deny that the Gospel is one of the many things scripturally known as the Things of God ?1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross [Gospel] is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

If so, no man knoweth it by nature, it must be revealed to them and in them by the Spirit of God !

beloved57

The Gospel to Particular Characters !

The Gospel Call as it relates to Salvation in Christ is directed by the Spirit to particular Characters ! Those in false religion make a great deal that when it comes to The Gospel , that its a free for all for all people without exception, yet its promises are directed to particulars in character, for instance Jesus speaking of the New Covenant Gospel, since His Death is that of the New Covenant Matt 26:28, states that it is Preached to the character of the Poor Lk 7:22

22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Lk 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

BTW this is who the Gospel is a word of Salvation to, the Poor in Spirit !

This Lk 4:18 reference is a restatement of Isa 61:1

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Here the Poor are identified as the Meek, and meekness is a fruit of the Spirit, as well as poor in Spirit Gal 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Now Jesus and His servants He sends as His ambassadors are sent and anointed to Preach the Good News of the Gospel to that particular Character, as a word of Salvation !

This Truth is a confirmation of Particular Redemption !

beloved57

The Call of the Gospel is discriminate !

The Call of the Gospel is discriminate !

The Call of the Gospel goes out to certain characters according to the Everlasting Covenant, it goes out to them that are Thirsty Isa 55:1

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Notice this call isnt to everyone without exception, but to everyone who Thirsteth !

Jesus said Jn 7:37

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Again, a discriminate call , not to all without exception, but specifically to any man that thirst ! If they are not thirsty, the call is not to them !

Jesus here is speaking in the tenure of Isa 55:1 !

Now understand something, this is not talking about a mere physical thirst for literal h2o from a river, a well, or facet, but this is a Spiritual Thirst for God and or the Things of God Ps 42:1-2

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Thirsting for the Living God, the One here 1 Thess 1:9

For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Heb 9:14

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Yet man by nature has not this Thirst, Desire for the True and Living God, Rom 3:11

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The word seeketh here the greek word ekzeteo:

I seek out, seek out after, require.

properly, seek out, emphasizing the personal intent of the seeker, i.e. the outcome intensely and personally desired by the seeker. This seeking is only as valuable (viable) as the motive which drives it.

to seek out for oneself, beg, crave. All these words are synonyms for Thirst, strong desire !

This Spiritual desire, thirst for God is something man by nature, spiritually dead, alienated from the Life of God, does not do and can not do, for its totally out of his element !

So the Ones doing it, its a sign of Spiritual Life in their Souls, and thats who Isa 55:1 is focused upon, and with it are Gospel Promises attached, the Everlasting Covenant, even the sure mercies of David !

beloved57

The same Gospel !

Many in false religion would tell us that Paul and Peter preached a different Gospel, one for the jews [Peter] and one for the Gentiles [Paul], but that is a absolute lie, in fact, that Paul Preached the same Gospel to both jew and Gentile alike is seen from Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

In the greek it reads τὸ εὐαγγέλιον The Gospel with the definite article, its the one and only Gospel !

It appears to be True by the reading of 1 Cor 1:11-17

11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

It also appears to be True from a reading of 1 Cor 3:4-5

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Paul, Cephas and Apollos are all ministers by which the Corinthian Believers believed by their Preaching of the same Gospel !

Paul and Peter had Fellowship in the same Gospel Gal 2:8-10

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles )

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

Fellowship meant agreement 2 Cor 6:14-16

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Phil 1:5

For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

Remember when Paul reproved Peter ? What was it for ?

Gal 2:14

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Evidently they believed and Preached the same Gospel, and Paul rebuked Peter for not walking uprightly concerning it in a particular matter !

For both Paul and Peter were Apostles for the Body of Christ where there is no racial division in the things of God Eph 4:11-12

11 And he gave some, apostles[Paul and Peter]; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Yet carnal false believers would have the Body of Christ divided in a racial sense, inspite of Gal 3:26-28

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

And they ignorantly and foolishly tell us that Paul and Peter preached Two different Gospels, based upon the flesh, ethnicity, race, yet nothing is further away from the Truth !

beloved57

Pauls Gospel same as that of the OT Prophets !

Pauls Gospel same as that of the OT Prophets !

Paul Preached the same Gospel of Christ dying for the sins of His People 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

According to the scriptures here means OT scriptures ! This fact alone is evidence that Pauls Gospel was that of what the OT scriptures Taught about Christ !

Paul relates his Gospel to the OT Church Acts 26:21-23

21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

23 That Christ should suffer [and die], and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Listen, Moses and the Prophets testified to the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Christ, That He should suffer unto death, that He should be the first that should rise from the dead, now who denies that is what Paul means in 1 Cor 15:3-4 ?

And that He should show light unto the People and to the Gentiles ! Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Lk 2:32

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

beloved57

Same OT Gospel of Christ !

Same OT Gospel of Christ !

Acts 8:35

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ was known and preached in the OT scriptures. Its quite clear that Philip used the OT scriptures to Preach Christ Acts 8:32

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

This refers to Isa 53:7-8

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

And it was beginning from that scripture, he preached Jesus Christ ! So the phrase " for the transgression of my people was he stricken"

Did apply to the Gentile Ethiopian Eunech Philip preached Christ to ! Paul also Preached Jesus Christ to Gentiles from using the Scriptures of the OT 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The scriptures during Paul's present day were the OT Prophets writings !

This is why both Apostles and Prophets [from OT] are the foundations Eph 2:20

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Prophets here does mean OT Prophets as they foresaw Christ and His Sufferings effecting Salvation 1 Pet 1:10-12

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

The Only difference is that the OT Prophets Preached Christ's suffering was to come, and the NT Apostles preached that it has already taken place and Salvation is effected by it !

TIPlatypus

What would you do if once you died, and you were at the judgement, and you were told that you were not going to heaven?

beloved57

The Gospel of Christ is to them that are perfect !

The Gospel of Christ is to them that are perfect !

1 Cor 2:5-7

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Now exactly what is this Wisdom they Speak ? #1. Its Christ, the Wisdom of God as already stated Per 1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

The Apostles Preached Christ Crucified in the framework of the Wisdom of God!

#2 The Wisdom they speak is the Mystery of Christ, as Per Eph 3:4

Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Col 4:3

Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

Pauls bonds were for the confirmation of the Gospel Phil 1:7

Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

The Mystery of Christ was manifold, it involved His Chosen Church/ Bride in Him before the foundation as we cp Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us[His Body the Church] in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

with Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Also the Union of both jew and Gentile in Gospel Purposes of Salvation in the Lord Eph 3:4-6

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Rom 11:25-26

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The Gentiles are coming into the fold as fellowheirs in the Gospel Promises of Salvation made to Israel Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

That right there is a Gospel Promise to Israel, Salvation by and through the Lord Jesus Christ, its the Promise Paul refers to here in Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body Israel of Isa 45:17, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

That word body syssōmos means:

III.is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

Thats Israel of Isa 45:17, a number of men or people united into one society, family, the Family of Abraham, or Abraham's Seed !

Now the Wisdom of this Gospel is spoken among them that are Perfect !

beloved57

The Gospel of Christ is to them that are perfect !2

The Gospel of Christ is to them that are perfect !2

Now the Wisdom of this Gospel is spoken among them that are Perfect !
1 Cor 2:6

6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are perfect, yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, who are coming to nought.

The word among is the greek preposition en :

I.in, by, with etc., A primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively),

Paul appears to be saying therefore that they speak wisdom in them that are perfect, as to say as the psalmest did Ps 51:6

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

To know wisdom is to know Christ in the inward parts, for He is Truth, always has been the Truth Jn 14:6 !

In the New Covenant, God had Promised to put His Law in their hearts or inward parts, Israel Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

That word law there also means Doctrine / Instruction, and God does this by New Birth, in which we receive a New Heart Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

So thats who the Perfect are in 1 Cor 2:6 ! Those who have a New Heart created in them by the Spirit of God, thats a perfect gift of God !

In fact that word perfect is the same word James uses here to describe the Gift of New Birth James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect G5046 gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Until we receive this Perfect Gift from above, New Birth, a New Heart, we cannot be among them who receive and embrace Christ Crucified in the framework of a Mystery, the Mystery of the Gospel of Christ !

beloved57

Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace In Christ !

Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace In Christ !

Acts 20:24,27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel/purpose of God.

The Gospel of Gods Grace has within it the Counsel/purpose of God !

Now very few in these last days Preach the Gospel of God's Grace in the entire/whole counsel of it, as did Paul and the Other Apostles, it has been shunned ,which means:

.to shrink from declaring, to conceal, dissemble because of some of its very unpopular truths about it, one of which is the Discriminating Election of Grace, Paul states it here Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

The reason why this is shunned and hated, its because it denotes plainly that the Blessing of Salvation by Grace, with Forgiveness and redemption in Christ Jesus, is not for every human being, but only for a elect remnant from out of mankind, leaving all others to justly be eternally punished for their sins against God !

Its only for a remnant that God has Chosen for Himself in Christ Eph 1:4,7

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

7 In whom we [The Chosen of Vs 4] have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

This can only apply to the Election of Grace !

Salvation by Grace through Faith is not for all the natural descendants of Adam, those like cain are excluded, in the same respect it was not for all the natural descendants of Abraham, those like ishmael were excluded, remember the words of the child of promise the heir Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

To be heir here is Salvation by Grace through Faith, some cannot be heirs of Salvation because excluded from the remnant according to the election of Grace Rom 11:5,7 !

This Counsel/Purpose of God in the Election of Grace, with its discriminating characteristic must not be shunned by the True Preacher of Gods Gospel, even though its most despised by false believers and the world in general, and with their fleshly unregenerate minds, they will oppose it with all their might, but it shall be to no avail, The Truth of God always Triumphs in the End. It should be noted that in Preaching the Gospell of God's Grace in Christ, that those saved and called in time, had been give purpose and Grace in Christ Jesus before the World Began 2 Tim 1:9 and this purpose is the Purpose of Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

This is a Salvation Call according to the Purpose of Election, not a national call, for not all of the physical nation of israel were of the Election of Grace Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.