Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Yes, because their minds are blinded to the Truth! 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV

Absolutely! All things were created by Jesus Christ for a redemptive purpose.
In the Everlasting Covenant , He would be Surety Heb. 7:22, 13:20 KJV
for all those chosen and predestinated by the Father Eph 1:4,5; 1:11 KJV
and given to the Son John 6:39 KJV for Him to die for, in their place 1 John 4:10:
All things were created for Christ and His Everlasting Heavenly Kingdom!
Mat. 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed
of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Luke 1:33 KJV

~~~~~

Amen and Praise the Lord !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

The Apostles Preached and Commanded Repentance !

The Apostles Preached and Commanded Repentance !

Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations/everywhere, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: In obedience to Lk 24:47 !

Now preaching repentance, it is to give or afford evidence that the Finished Work of Christ was a Saving / Redeeming successful work, for in this, His finished saving work, He is the Risen Savior of all of God's Elect in all nations Acts 5:31;11:18, He gives those He saved by His death Repentance from dead works Heb 6:1, and now for this accomplished work to be manifested , made obvious, apparent, In Apostolic Preaching Repentance was commanded Acts 17:30; So that all , among all nations, whom Christ is a Prince and Savior to, may come to Light through Gospel Preaching, for if He saved us, the repentance His gives us shall be realized experimentally before our own conscience and before others of like precious faith publicly !

Thats the reason why Repentance was commanded, not as a condition for Salvation, but as a proof and evidence of Salvation !

I am Larry

Rom 1 :16

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I am going to get straight to the point, and that is, there is simply no gospel being preached without preaching the doctrine of election [election of grace], and the fact that the Gospel begins in God [Rom 1:1] as the Gospel of God, As it proceeds from the Eternal Counsels of God as its root and foundation, for this evident from pauls writings here 2 Tim 1:8-11

8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Also Titus 1:1-2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

This Gospel of God elucidates How that God in Eternity Past, chooses a Special Beloved People, to Be His Portion, His Inheritance, to whom He prized and Valued above all others..

Deut 32:9

9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Deut 7:6

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Paul writes on the Saints being Gods Inheritance..Eph 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, [not the children of the devil]

God having chosen them and gave them to the Son of His Love for their personal safe keeping and preservation..Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [the disciples, save judas, represented all them given to Jesus christ]

Now God the Father, decreeing to make manifest this Great Love, He has for His Son, and His chosen in Him and with Him, decree their awful fall in Adam, of which He covenanted with His Son for their redcovery, and redemption, through His blood [ Eph 1:7]..

And in line with this purpose, God also decreed for some of mankind to come into this world, also having a terrible fall in their Father the devil, but in order to Show His High Sovereignty in dispensing His salvation blessings, God purposed not to have mercy on that portion of mankind, Hence, distinctly making Manifest His Special Love for His chosen Inheritance..

Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage [inheritance]? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

This must be preached in the Gospel of Christ, cannot be ashamed of..

None of this matters. Why argue about what is the gospel? There is God. There is man. Jesus brought the two together by his life, death, and resurrection. Be in God as God is in you. That's it. That is the gospel and love is the way. Peace.

beloved57

None of this matters. Why argue about what is the gospel? There is God. There is man. Jesus brought the two together by his life, death, and resurrection. Be in God as God is in you. That's it. That is the gospel and love is the way. Peace.

Invalid comments !

Posted from the TOL App!

Nanja

Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations/everywhere, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: In obedience to Lk 24:47 !

Now preaching repentance, it is to give or afford evidence that the Finished Work of Christ was a Saving / Redeeming successful work, for in this, His finished saving work, He is the Risen Savior of all of God's Elect in all nations Acts 5:31;11:18, He gives those He saved by His death Repentance from dead works Heb 6:1, and now for this accomplished work to be manifested , made obvious, apparent, In Apostolic Preaching Repentance was commanded Acts 17:30; So that all , among all nations, whom Christ is a Prince and Savior to, may come to Light through Gospel Preaching, for if He saved us, the repentance His gives us shall be realized experimentally before our own conscience and before others of like precious faith publicly !

Thats the reason why Repentance was commanded, not as a condition for Salvation, but as a proof and evidence of Salvation !

Amen!

I believe that true repentance proves that one has been given Life in Christ John 6:53,
and that it is made apparent by their spiritual hunger and thirst for Him: Evidence that
Christ's Saving Work has been made manifest in them.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

I believe that true repentance proves that one has been given Life in Christ John 6:53,
and that it is made apparent by their spiritual hunger and thirst for Him: Evidence that
Christ's Saving Work has been made manifest in them.

~~~~~

Amen !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

The Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God ! To who ?

The Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God ! To who ?

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel of Christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God to the Faith of them that have been born again, so it is written Ps 22:31

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

This speaks of declaring the Gospel, to those born of incorruptible Seed, The Word of God 1 Pet 1:23,25

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached/declare unto you.

The word preached here is the greek word euaggelizō which does mean to declare as it is translated here Acts 13:32

And we declare G2097 unto you glad tidings, G2097 how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

And so it corresponds with Ps 22:31 because those the Gospel was preached to were those who had been born of the Word of God !

Its also translated declare here 1 Cor 15:1

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached G2097 unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

This Gospel when it is serving as the Power of God reveals the Righteousness of God, to Faith and Faith comes out of being born again of the Spirit, for Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Basically, The Gospel to the born again ones lets them know that they have the Righteousness of God charged to them, because Christ was made sin for them 2 Cor 5:21 !

beloved57

When the Word or Gospel comes in Power !

When the Word or Gospel comes in Power !

When the Word or Gospel comes in Power as Per Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

When its time for one for whom Christ died to become a believer, God shall direct the Gospel of their Salvation [For Christ has died for them is their Salvation] to them in His Providence and it shall come to them with Power of the Spirit in order to convince , persuade them to believe in their Salvation from Christ.

Thats why its said to have come to the Thessalonians, not just merely as the spoken word, but that it was coupled with or joined with Power and the Holy Spirit so that it produces much assurance or Faith. The word assurance a noun plērophoria :

I.full assurance, most certain confidence, C.to fill one with any thought, conviction, or inclination
i.
to make one certain, to persuade, convince one

ii.
to be persuaded, persuaded, fully convinced or assured

This is to say that it effects believing or Faith ! The same word is here Heb 10:22

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Paul knew by the success of His Preaching when He saw God the Spirit persuading many to believe by it ! 1 Cor 3:5

Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

They knew then that their Gospel preaching was accompanied with the Spirit and His Power to convince, and so He knew therefore that those believing were of the Election of God or the Sheep of God and Christ, or otherwise, they were not of His Sheep if they believed not Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

beloved57

When the Word or Gospel comes in Power !2

When the Word or Gospel comes in Power !2

When the Message of the Cross comes to any individual with Power, they shall be persuaded and believe, its then known it pleased God for them too believe, for they are believing according to His Power [The Holy Spirit], Will and Purpose hence we read 1 Cor 1:21

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

In other words, believing is an evidence of God saving them from doctrinal darkness and satanic error by means of the Truth being preached, of which is to them the Power of God Rom 1:16

beloved57

Why they were sent to Preach the Good News !

Why they were sent to Preach the Good News !

Matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mk 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Commission was originally given by Christ to His Disciples in the premise that they are sent worldwide to those who are regenerated, simply because they are to teach or disciple them Matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The word teach Vs 19 is the greek word mathēteuō and means:

I.
to be a disciple of one
A.
to follow his precepts and instructions

II.
to make a disciple
A.
to teach, instruct

This implies that they are already new born babes fitted with an capacity to receive their Apostolic instruction which was spiritual !

The same word is used here Acts 14:21

And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

Note, Preaching the Gospel does include teaching !

And the word teaching in Vs 20 is the greek word didaskō and means:

A.to impart instruction

Used here Acts 4:2,18

Being grieved that they taught G1321 the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach G1321 in the name of Jesus.

Acts 5:42

And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach G1321 and preach Jesus Christ.

And this teaching is only compatible with them that have the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:13

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

So they had to be already spiritual, though newborn babes, to carry out Christ's commission ! Christ would see to it that those He sent them to instruct would be able and prepared to receive it ! For the Teaching of the Apostles was actually God teaching them through them !

beloved57

Preached the Gospel with the Holy Ghost from Heaven !

Preached the Gospel with the Holy Ghost from Heaven !

Peter writing to New Testament / Covenant believers , did write to them, that the Gospel was preached TO THEM not in word only, but with the Holy Ghost that was sent from Heaven 1 Pet 1:10-12

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

This also means that to them, The Gospel was not preached to them in mere word only, but in power and in the Holy Ghost as Paul wrote here 1 Thess 1:5

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Thats why the Gospel is the Power of God to them which are believing Rom 1:16, because to them it [The Gospel] was Preached with and in the Holy Ghost, accompanying the Preached word topersuade them to believe.

Thats why they [Christ's Chosen Messengers] were to wait for the Power from on High Lk 24:49

49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

That power which is the Holy Ghost, was needed not only for their preparation to preach, but also to be a converting Power of the New Covenant, the Ministration of the Spirit 2 Cor 3:6-8

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

And this Ministration of the Spirit with the Gospel wa snot just in israel, but beginning there,then unto the World beyond Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

beloved57

Its made manifest to the Saints !

Its made manifest to the Saints !

The Gospel that Paul Preached, He called My Gospel Rom 2:16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2 Tim 2:8

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Just basically denoted that God had committed the Blessed Gospel of God unto his hands, made him a steward of its Mysteries !

1 Tim 1:11

According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

1 Cor 4:1

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Now lets refer back to Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Clearly and it should not be disputed that Pauls Gospel contained a revelation of a Mystery, the Two are conjoined, in union with one another, which actually makes the Gospel as a Whole a Mystery which is indicated here Eph 6:19

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Thats why primarily for believing purposes, it must be revealed or made known Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ[which he calls my Gospel Rom 2:16]: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That word revealed apokalyptō :

I.
to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up
A.
disclose, make bare

II.
to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

The Gospel, when its a Word of Salvation, or acting as the Power of God unto Salvation, it must be revealed to the one being saved, and this is a Spiritual revealing, being made known to a Spiritual Faith Gal 5:22, for a Spiritual Gospel revealation cannot be made known to a carnal mind because its not subject to it and at enmity with hit Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

And cannot receive it 1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Which thing a Spiritual Gospel revelation is 1 Cor 2:10

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

The word reveal here is the same one used in Rom 1:17 of the Gospel Rom 1:17

For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now remember that word reveal also means to make manifest, of which we read in Col 1:26-27

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Remember, this Mystery Pauls call also his Gospel Rom 16:25

So this Gospel Mystery is only made known or manifest to the Saints Col 1:26

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The word manifest here phaneroō means :

B.to make known by teaching as in Vs 28 Col 1:28

28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

But the key here is that the every man is limited to those in Vs 26 as the Saints which means:

I.most holy thing, a saint

The primary and basic idea here is those set apart by God, which applies to all for whom Christ offered Himself for according to the will of God Heb 10:9-10

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

That word sanctified is from the same word Saint in Col 1:26 ! So, basically, the Gospel as a word of Salvation and Revelation is only made known to the Saints, not the world of mankind in General !

Nanja

So this Gospel Mystery is only made known or manifest to the Saints Col 1:26

The word manifest here phaneroō means :

B.to make known by teaching as in Vs 28 Col 1:28

28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

But the key here is that the every man is limited to those in Vs 26 as the Saints which means:

I.most holy thing, a saint

The primary and basic idea here is those set apart by God, which applies to all for whom Christ offered Himself for according to the will of God Heb 10:9-10

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

That word sanctified is from the same word Saint in Col 1:26 ! So, basically, the Gospel as a word of Salvation and Revelation is only made known to the Saints, not the world of mankind in General !

TYVM for taking the time to present this comprehensive study in the scriptures!

Amen! The Gospel is only made known to the world of the Saints.
And all of the rest are blinded 2 Cor. 4:3-4 KJV.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Amen! The Gospel is only made known to the world of the Saints.
And all of the rest are blinded 2 Cor. 4:3-4 KJV.

Amen, Thank God that He called us to be Saints ! Rom 1:7

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nanja

nanja

Amen, Thank God that He called us to be Saints ! Rom 1:7

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thes. 2:13-14
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because
God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

~~~~~

beloved57

When its the Power of God !

When its the Power of God !

The Gospel is the Power only to them that are believing Rom 1:16, the Believing is the effect of the Gospel being the Power of God, as intimated here in Pauls statement 1 Thess 2:13

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God[Gospel] which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

For to them it is described as Heb 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Its quick and powerful meaning Living and operative

12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.AMP

Its Living and operative in the quickened soul, and it brings into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ or the obedience of Faith 2 Cor 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

5 [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),AMP

This happens when its time for an Elect sinner to believe !

beloved57

When preached to the saved or being saved !

When preached to the saved or being saved !

1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

There is a group of people in the purpose of God, who are by the preaching of the Cross being saved ! The word saved sōzō is a present passive participle and can be rendered " to them that are being saved"

It is being the power of God, to them ! Its God's Power in the Hand of the Spirit saving or converting them !

And so when its [The Gospel] is being preached to the being saved ones, the evidence and results will be belief in the Truth or Faith 2 Thess 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Folks in order to believe the Truth, it must be effected by the Sanctification of the Spirit !

The word belief in 2 Thess 2:13 is actually the Noun for Faith pistis strongs 4102 !

So believing of the Truth is an evidence that Sanctification of the Spirit is occurring ! For belief of the Truth is the first evidence that salvation is being applied, thats why in 1 Cor 1:18 the word saved is in the passive voice !

beloved57

When preached to the saved or being saved ! 2

When preached to the saved or being saved ! 2

Those who believe the Gospel had been saved through the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13, this Work also is the New Birth, which we need before we can believe the Sanctified Truth, that is to say the Word of the Gospel is Holy Matt 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

We need it because of our spiritually dead state by nature, and as such we can only be at enmity to the Truth, we are ungodly, alienated from the life of God, we are in the flesh, under the power of darkness and satan, blinded by the god of this world, we are the servants of sin, we walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, we were in a lost state spiritually and all of which makes it impossible for any not born anew to hear and believe and submit to the Truths of the Blessed Gospel !

beloved57

Drawing by the Preaching of the Gospel !

Drawing by the Preaching of the Gospel !

Jesus said John 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Those who shall be drawn to Christ is because He was Lifted up on their behalf, simply meaning He died for them, and by His Death,by His being lifted up, they are made Righteous Rom 5:19. The Gospel is sent to them, and by it they given Faith to believe on Him because of what He has already done for them. This giving of Faith to them is how they are drawn to Him, for Faith cometh by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God/ Christ ! Those who are being drawn evidence a couple of things, #1 that they have been given New and Spiritual Life inwardly ! That word draw denotes not an external draw but an internal one, its the greek word helkō and means:

II.metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

Thats because they have something in their inward parts responding to the Gospel Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The word Law also means Doctrine/Instruction, Gospel, Word !

Thats why Paul said that to some the Word is nigh thee, even in thine heart Rom 10:8

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

The Word of Faith which they Preached was in their Heart, and so the Gospel when Preached draws them to Faith in Christ !

#2 To be drawn is proof that we belong to His Bride the Church, and so being drawn we run after Him Song of Solomon 1:4

4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

Notice it goes from the singular me to the plural we ! Thats because the drawing applys to all the individual members of His Beloved Spouse the Church, thats why the word all is used in Jn 12:32 ! Its evidence of having been given to the Son to spouse by the Father Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come [be drawn] to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Notice what shall happen to those that the Father giveth to the Son, it is said they SHALL COME ! The word come is hēkō and means:

A.to come to one, i.e. to seek an intimacy with one, become his follower: to come upon one (unexpectedly)

Those given to the Son shall,no doubt about it, shall seek an Intimacy with the Son and consequently become His Follower, which also means they belonged to His Sheepfold ! Jn 10:2-4

But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

They know the Voice of their Bridegroom/Shepherd Jn 3:29

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

The Bridegroom draws His Bride to follow Him by the Preaching of the Gospel !

Nanja

Those who believe the Gospel had been saved through the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13, this Work also is the New Birth, which we need before we can believe the Sanctified Truth, that is to say the Word of the Gospel is Holy Matt 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

We need it because of our spiritually dead state by nature, and as such we can only be at enmity to the Truth, we are ungodly, alienated from the life of God, we are in the flesh, under the power of darkness and satan, blinded by the god of this world, we are the servants of sin, we walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, we were in a lost state spiritually and all of which makes it impossible for any not born anew to hear and believe and submit to the Truths of the Blessed Gospel !

Pure Truth!

No one has the ability to believe the Gospel which is Spiritual
unless he is first made to be Spiritually Alive in the New Birth.
The spiritually dead can't hear Spiritual Truth John 8:47,
unless they are first rescued from the power of darkness Col. 1:13.
And that's exactly the kind of deliverance Christ's Death accomplished
for every one of the ekklesia:

Eph. 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as
Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

The same are the World God Loved:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

They are the ones who will be delivered:

1 Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;
that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God
and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us
from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.