Pope says church should ask forgiveness from Sodomites for past treatment

Cruciform

So now you think it's nonsense for repentant people to do the apologizing.
What makes your comment nonsense is that it fails to comport with the pope's actual intention in calling for a Christian apology. You missed his point entirely.

See Post #125 below.

Last edited:

Cruciform

Calvinism is the fruit of the Reformation- but we hold to many alike things despite our differences.
I see now, my mistake; your use of the word "orthodox" threw me for a moment. So you're a Calvinist, as I was (Orthodox Presbyterian) prior to entering the Catholic Church in 2001.

jimiduzit

If the pope "feels" he should seek forgiveness for anything, by all means do it. What has he done he feels he needs forgiveness for? What does he think the RCC has done that its members need apologize for?

Cruciform

If the pope "feels" he should seek forgiveness for anything, by all means do it. What has he done he feels he needs forgiveness for? What does he think the RCC has done that its members need apologize for?
Any occasions when Christians have treated homosexual people with less than the inherent dignity and respect due to them as creatures made in God's own image and likeness, and as those for whom Christ died to redeem.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and his name is Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ. :thumb:

The fact of the RCC's historical belief of the Pope being God is quite plain- it is written as if to say a leaf is green, even. Like a straight up undeniable fact.. you don't just go change that :rolleyes:

"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical."

Circa 1685

The Holy Rhombus :plain:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You're either ignorant or lying---which one is it?

"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical."

Circa 1685

Are you're going to pretend the other half of what I posted doesn't exist :AMR:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So the answer is that you're ignorant.

Answered---and decisively corrected---HERE and HERE. So much for your ridiculous claim.

All I see is hardcore denial, through and through. There are documents stretching all through history, and you're perfectly fine with hearing attempts at rationalizing all million of of them as false :rolleyes:

Because you follow the Father of Lies_

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
How about apologizing to the children that were sodomized by homosexual priests, priests that the Catholic Church knew full well were child molesting sodomites yet still allowed them into the priesthood?

Rite-of-Sodomy-Engel-Book.jpg

Look Mom,

KKK propaganda disguised as intelligent reading.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I have a great idea. Let's have a coin with Jesus the forgiver of all sin on one side and Satan the accuser on the other side.

We can flip it and see if we learn anything from it. [emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
FONT=Georgia]What makes your comment nonsense is that it fails to comport with the pope's actual I]intention[/I] in calling for a Christian apology. You missed his point entirely.

[FON=Georgia]Any occasions when Christians have treated homosexual people with less than the inherent dignity and respect due to them as creatures made in God's own image and likeness, and as those for whom Christ died to redeem.[/FONT]

So we should ignore what the pope says and listen to your interpretation?

Cruciform

So we should ignore what the pope says and listen to your interpretation?
We should listen to---and properly comprehend---what the pope says, rather than wasting time with your non-contextual (mis)interpretation fueled by a militant anti-Catholic bigotry.

Cruciform

What if he is wrong?
It would depend on what he said and the circumstances of his having said it. If it's a matter of doctrine and morals, and is delivered in a formal context, he isn't wrong, nor can he be, any more than the New Testament writers could have been wrong when preaching the Gospel to the multitudes or when penning their canonical writings.