Pope says church should ask forgiveness from Sodomites for past treatment

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
........The pope said the church should apologize to homos, but apologies are for repentant individuals, not corporate entities.

Your post demonstrates your complete ignorance of the Pope's role, what he is saying, and for that matter what the "Church" is. But of course I expect no better from the likes of your ilk.

He is NOT pointing the finger at any particular individual and saying, "You, Mr. So-and-so, must apologize", yet that's what you are alleging.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your post demonstrates your complete ignorance of the Pope's role...
His role does not change his words.
What he is saying...
What he said, he said.

And for that matter what the "Church" is.
The church is a collection of people.

But of course I expect no better from the likes of your ilk.
You'll probably get no better then. :idunno:

He is NOT pointing the finger at any particular individual and saying, "You, Mr. So-and-so, must apologize", yet that's what you are alleging.
Nope. His words: He wants the church — an entire body of people — to apologize to homos when apologies are for repentant individuals.

Are you just going to keep making assertions about "roles" and "context" without explaining any of them?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I
repeat:

Your post demonstrates your complete ignorance of the Pope's role, what he is saying, and for that matter what the "Church" is. But of course I expect no better from the likes of your ilk.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Pope Francis said on Sunday that Christians and the Roman Catholic Church should seek forgiveness from homosexuals for the way they had treated them......
Quoting Philip Pullella Reuters.

And, the OP is known for nonsensical ignorant threads.
:yawn: ad hominem Eph 4:14

Plus, this thread doesn't even belong in the Politics section.
"Current Events, Abortion, homosexuality, gun control, public schools, welfare, taxes, government etc." emphasis mine.

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What does your post have to do with your pope :eek:linger: wanting forgiveness from Sodomites?
limpwrist.gif
Didn't George Bush kiss a homo's head, too? :granite:

bush_kisses_gannon.jpg

Related:

Alex Jones: Infowars- Interview with Presidential Counselor David Gergen (Bohemian Grove Member)

Cruciform

C, you know he doesn't really want an explanation. We both gave him one. He just wants something to pick at and argue about.
True, but I like to give him every opportunity. After all, he'll stand before our Lord in judgment one day soon. Also, there may be some people reading the thread who don't post on it, and so I reply for their benefit as well.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[FONTGeorgia]True, but I like to give him every opportunity. After all, he'll stand before our Lord in judgment one day soon. Also, there may be some people reading the thread who don't post on it, and so I reply for their benefit as well.[/FONT]

If you want others to understand, you should explain how I'm wrong.

The pope said the church should apologize to homos, but apologies are for repentant individuals. They are not to be prescribed. That breeds contempt and resentment.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you want others to understand, you should explain how I'm wrong.

The pope said the church should apologize to homos, but apologies are for repentant individuals. They are not to be prescribed. That breeds contempt and resentment.
:thumb:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Post No. 175 and No. 176 are useless. Learn to engage sensibly.

The pope asked for the church to apologize to homos when apologies are for repentant individuals.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Post No. 175 and No. 176 are useless. Learn to engage sensibly.

The pope asked for the church to apologize to homos when apologies are for repentant individuals.

Jesus asked people to repent even though repentance is only for repentant people. I suppose you don't like Jesus either?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Post No. 178 is useless. Learn to engage sensibly.
Jesus asked people to repent even though repentance is only for repentant people. I suppose you don't like Jesus either?
Jesus saying that individuals need to repent of their sin is perfectly in line with what Jesus taught. However, He did not prescribe what that repentance should consist of: ie, He did not say that everyone should say sorry to homos.