Poll question: True or false?

Poll question: True or false?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popsthebuilder

Works alone have the ability to be done for the sight of man. Following God as a result of salvation and producing good works as a result is to be saved by Faith and salvation. If one doesn't work in the direction shown by God yet doesn't sin by God's mercy he is counted as righteous. So... True.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Works alone have the ability to be done for the sight of man. Following God as a result of salvation and producing good works as a result is to be saved by Faith and salvation. If one doesn't work in the direction shown by God yet doesn't sin by God's mercy he is counted as righteous. So... True.
Those who believe, have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). You either have it or you don't. Do you?

popsthebuilder

Those who believe, have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). You either have it or you don't. Do you?
Me? Most definitely. But even with such I cannot allow myself to get clouded as if I am not responsible for my sins. Repentance to God and all possible effort to not sin and follow the teachings of Christ is paramount.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Negative.

False, its not even possible to do a "good" work untill one is saved. God even created the good works.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

God even prepared the works for believers to walk in, we do nothing.

We get credit for nothing, He did it all.

popsthebuilder

False, its not even possible to do a "good" work untill one is saved. God even created the good works.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

I agree. Not sure why you quoted a word that was directed towards someone who claimed my post was gibberish, as my post was quite similar to yours.

popsthebuilder

I agree. Not sure why you quoted a word that was directed towards someone who claimed my post was gibberish, as my post was quite similar to yours.
But really any one is capable of producing good work or fruit without recognition from man regardless of faith. To state otherwise is like saying an atheist can't be giving or charitable without wanting recognition from man. This just isn't true. Not defending atheism here. But all walks of life are technically capable of doing good.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

See your own post above, it appears to be saying that you believe we are saved by works and faith and that is false.

works have no part of salvation.

popsthebuilder

See your own post above, it appears to be saying that you believe we are saved by works and faith and that is false.

works have no part of salvation.
Perhaps I didn't make my point clear. Works alone are nothing but show. Real works under the direction of God are the result of salvation by Christ. Our faith is to be known by our works.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No, I'm referring to the common usage of the term, which refers to a lack of recognition and understanding of reality. And as a result, assumes that the same behavior, repeated over and over, will somehow magically produce a different result.

Good try on the pointless distraction, though!

The only viable 'no' would be if you had not responded. You dope you!

musterion

Me? Most definitely. But even with such I cannot allow myself to get clouded as if I am not responsible for my sins. Repentance to God and all possible effort to not sin and follow the teachings of Christ is paramount.

1. Which teachings of Christ's are paramount? Where exactly in the Bible do we find them?

2. If indeed you have died with Christ, do you still have sin? Paul says no, the new man does not. What do you say?

3. Those who God says have died can't have sin counted against them because no law exists that touches those He has pronounced dead. And not only are they counted as dead, but those whose life is now Christ's life cannot sin because they're been made alive without sin, just as He is. So what sin are you still trying to deal with?

4. What does "all possible effort not to sin" look like, practically speaking?"

5. You said "Our faith is to be known by our works." Judging them by their works, were the Corinthians saved?

6. Last night I wrote "gibberish" because that post you made makes no sense. It was only about that one. Pretty much everything else I've ever seen you write, I have disagreed with. But at least I could understand it.

popsthebuilder

musterion,
1) love God, love others, be giving without expecting, compassion, help those in need, love your mother and father, be patient, be persevering, do not want of this world, do not murder do not steal, do not promote violence or negativity, do not revolt. There are more. I just woke up. Basically it all goes back to loveing and being thankful to God, all the rest falls into place from that including the ten commandments. You can find it all through the New covenant and a lot m the Old Testament.

2)No, you should generally be without sin. However Paul repeatedly states that he is a prisoner of God as if he was missleading some how.

3)I still smoke cigarettes which is killing me at a faster rate than most as I have COPD and roughly 50% lung capacity. Hastening your own Iife for any reason seems to be looked down upon in scripture.

4)Don't know where can I find the works of the Corinthians. Then I will answer you.

5)You can wouldn't know if someone else sins or not. Just testing them by there works or what they do.

6) it made sense to me. I guess I didn't work it very well. I do that, not intentionally though.

Thanks

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

If you're a Jew!

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Galatians 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Colossians 2:6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

If you are proceeding in your Christian walk by effort you are proceeding by your flesh and you are doomed to fail. The Holy Spirit will see to it that your fail. God is not interested in helping YOU live the Christian life. He is very interested in living His life through you but He will not compete with your flesh. Either crucify your flesh or live in frustration and failure. You cannot live the Christian life, only Christ can do that.

Further, it isn't necessary for you to try to be righteous! You are already righteous. Christianity is not about doing its about being. You have been declared righteous by the just judge of all creation. Who are you to argue in either thought or deed? It is for you to believe the biblical facts concerning your position in Christ and for Him to live His life through you. The more real the truths concerning your righteousness become in your mind the more fruit Christ (the Vine) will produce through you (the branch).

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,​

Resting in Him,
Clete