Poll question: True or false?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Should? No.
Could? Yes.

I'm not talking about the way circumcision is done today, just as a socially normal thing to do for no real reason. I'm talking about the religious rite of circumcision that God commanded in Genesis.

My question is aimed at figuring out which commands he thinks are still in effect and which are not and why.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not talking about the way circumcision is done today, just as a socially normal thing to do for no real reason. I'm talking about the religious rite of circumcision that God commanded in Genesis.

My question is aimed at figuring out which commands he thinks are still in effect and which are not and why.
I know. :thumb:

Just making it clear that being circumcised is not prohibited, although it has no place in our salvation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

PureX

Change doesn't happen without our participation.

In fact, the definition of insanity is to expect a different outcome while repeating the same behavior.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
..... Very bold and honest of you Turbo, it's exactly what some of us pegged you for back when you first arrived.
Turbo?

"by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost"

Here 'washing' pertains to cleansed of sin, while the language does reflect traditional ideas. Nevertheless, it does not mean water baptism.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Change doesn't happen without our participation.

In fact, the definition of insanity is to expect a different outcome while repeating the same behavior.

Not really, insane and insanity are forensic terms.

You are confusing the medical description, of an outcome on the MMPI, high 4, and what may be ASPD, with being unable to to understand the nature of the crime one is charged with, or the actions of the defending attorney on one's behalf.

PureX

Not really, insane and insanity are forensic terms.

You are confusing the medical description, of an outcome on the MMPI, high 4, and what may be ASPD, with being unable to to understand the nature of the crime one is charged with, or the actions of the defending attorney on one's behalf.
No, I'm referring to the common usage of the term, which refers to a lack of recognition and understanding of reality. And as a result, assumes that the same behavior, repeated over and over, will somehow magically produce a different result.

Good try on the pointless distraction, though!

musterion

i don't believe it (and i'm really pressed for time) but it seems a natural consequence given the a&e experience

Not possible. The believer has been removed from Adam and made one in Christ. In Him is where the believer lives and stands before God.

musterion

Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me." (Revelation 3:20 NKJV)

We must respond to God's call, we must open the door.

You missed the point of the poll. I asked if those two verses are true or false. You voted false. So you believe Paul lied, correct?

Danoh

Nah, nah - not fair - you cheated - you used the Word rightly divided this side of the Mystery of His Son.

I'm telling the Father...

What's that Father?

Titus 3:

5. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6. Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7. That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Okay, I'll shut up and let your Word be the Final Authority.

Sorry, Stek, didn't mean to complain to the Father you relied on His Rightly Divided Word again, over your own notions...

musterion

if we defy God's commandments

The commandments found in the Law of Moses? That's for unsaved people, not for those in Christ. They died to that Law so it has no further claim upon them.

There is no law now for the believer save the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, Who is our life.

Do you consider yourself subject to the Mosaic commandments?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Poll question: True or false?
True!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We can achieve salvation by obeying Jesus' teachings or commands.

So if we don't know what Jesus teaches, we cannot obtain salvation.

Achieve- to get or attain as the result of exertion

vs

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

sin- harmartia- missing the mark

heir

TOL Subscriber
Achieve- to get or attain as the result of exertion

vs

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

sin- harmartia- missing the mark
:up: