Poll question: True or false?

Poll question: True or false?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Achieve- to get or attain as the result of exertion

vs

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

sin- harmartia- missing the mark

:think:

some old guy named bill said:
... Bid them achieve me and then sell my bones.

Mocking You

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands".

Loving Jesus is the condition of salvation.

Without loving Him, there is no salvation.

You've got it backwards. There is no loving Jesus without salvation.

Loving Jesus is a result of salvation, not a condition.

John 3:19-20 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You've got it backwards. There is no loving Jesus without salvation.

Loving Jesus is a result of salvation, not a condition.

John 3:19-20 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

how many times is one allowed to reject the Son?

Mocking You

Your reasoning is just sleazy.

Do you strive to obey Jesus' teachings? All of them?

Of course. Show me where Jesus commands that keeping his commandments is how someone achieves eternal life. Because I can go on and on showing scriptures where repentance and/or belief is what is needed.

Mocking You

No I did not because it was incomplete poll.

The poll is what the OP wanted it to be. The conditions for participating in the thread were clear.

Are you going to vote and keep on posting, or are you going to ignore voting, continue posting and risk being kicked off the thread?

Mocking You

Those verses all say those who are already in Christ will keep His commandments. There is no If-Then statement, eg. IF you keep my commandments THEN you will have eternal life. Those verses are saying BECAUSE you have eternal life you will keep my commandments.

The verses from Matthew 19 deals with the Jewish people keeping the commandments. The person asking Jesus was a Jew and the new Covenant had not yet been established (Jesus had not yet died and been resurrected) so the law was still applicable. Besides, if you are going to believe verses 16-19 you must also accept verse 21--go and sell all you have and give it to the poor. Have you done that?

Here is the way of salvation:

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.