Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
In the not-too-distant future, most if not all cars will be self-driving, at which point being sober or intoxicated won't be an issue in this regard.
Sure it will.

Drunk (and high) people can still walk in front of self-driving cars...

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So you're not going to address the argument I presented?

Typical.

I DID address your argument. You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple. Got any more arguments?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Ah, I see your problem. You are equating drunkenness with a marijuana high. Those two things are nowhere near the same. You are speaking out of ignorance here. Come back after you've had some personal experience or made some personal observations with cannabis and then you'll know what you're talking about.

drbrumley

Sure it will.

As Dr. Rogers explained....There are always consequences for your choices. Always. If you choose to step off the roof of a ten-story building, you are not then free to choose the consequence of your choice. Your choice has chosen for you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I DID address your argument. You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple. Got any more arguments?

And I responded that anecdotal evidence is not sufficient.

Perhaps you had some weed that doesn't give a high.

It does exist..

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ah, I see your problem. You are equating drunkenness with a marijuana high.

Uh, no, I did not specify what drug the high is caused by.

Those two things are nowhere near the same. You are speaking out of ignorance here. Come back after you've had some personal experience or made some personal observations with cannabis and then you'll know what you're talking about.

I don't need to.

I have plenty of studies and research papers that show that pot is dangerous to those who use it as a recreational drug.

Being drunk and being high are BOTH being intoxicated.

Both make one a liability to oneself and to those around him.

Which is why BOTH should be illegal.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not with just one puff from a joint.

There is such a thing as pot that doesn't produce a high. It's possible you had one of those joints.

Which, again, is why anecdotal evidence is not sufficient for an argument.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You claimed, "But one inhale on a joint of weed is enough to produce a high." And I told you that isn't true, plain and simple.

it was for some poeple, back in the day when thc levels were much lower than they are now

and for others, a whole joint had no effect

in general, the more marijuana exposure, the lower your reaction times, the greater the diminishment of judgement and the greater frequency and magnitude of poor choices

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There is such a thing as pot that doesn't produce a high. It's possible you had one of those joints.

Which, again, is why anecdotal evidence is not sufficient for an argument.

Nope. I've had stuff from Oregon and Colorado with up to 25%+ THC. And just one puff isn't going to get you "high." Now if you're talking about joints that have been infused with concentrates, that is another matter. But I haven't messed with that stuff.

glorydaz

With the way some of these people drive, not really.

Though, it is true that I would be less at risk of injury, but as far as legal consequences are concerned, I have to be the most careful and alert or else the idiots' lawyers will nail me to the wall even if I'm not at fault.

:idunno:

Yeah, too many idiot lawyers which is why it's hard to count on the law.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION], maybe you can answer this question

Totally!
I wonder how we would do that, and what "drugs" are we talking about having a war against?

It's looking like big Pharma is responsible for a whole lot of deaths.
Anything that the normal use of produces an immediate high should be made a strictly controlled substance, if not outright illegal (depending on what it is).

Recreational use should not be allowed.

drbrumley

Anything that the normal use of produces an immediate high should be made a strictly controlled substance, if not outright illegal (depending on what it is).

Recreational use should not be allowed.

Is this a preference they be illegal or is there biblical warrant?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope. I've had stuff from Oregon and Colorado with up to 25%+ THC. And just one puff isn't going to get you "high." Now if you're talking about joints that have been infused with concentrates, that is another matter. But I haven't messed with that stuff.
Still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to make your argument on anecdotal evidence.

Which just doesn't fly here.