Perfect Answer to Ocasio-Cortez

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
“No, I’m very good with numbers,” Ocasio-Cortez said. She held up a notebook with a few hastily scrawled numbers on it. She pointed to one. “This one is a four.”

:darwinsm:

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
aoc-responds-to-conservatives-unveiling-wack-billboard-in-times-square-758x397.jpg

genuineoriginal

“No, I’m very good with numbers,” Ocasio-Cortez said. She held up a notebook with a few hastily scrawled numbers on it. She pointed to one. “This one is a four.”

From the website you quoted that from : "The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire."

Last edited:

The Berean

Wait until AOC starts espousing the "benefits" of the universal basic income!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Too many people today regard teachers, experts and scientists as “elitists.”

Anyone who presents new information to them feel like they are being put down.
Instead of offering an intelligent response they call names and disrespect them instead.

ok doser

Wait until AOC starts espousing the "benefits" of the universal basic income!

charles murray has an interesting perspective on it - he suggests a universal basic income coupled with the total dismantling of all governmental social programs - he makes a strong case that one won't work without the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFVr7Ku0KQk

To call AOC an idiot would be a tremendous insult to idiots.

when it comes to the hierarchy of idiocy, AOC is at the tippy-top! :)

Right Divider

Body part
charles murray has an interesting perspective on it - he suggests a universal basic income coupled with the total dismantling of all governmental social programs - he makes a strong case that one won't work without the other
So ... don't work and you get a basic income (whatever that means),. or work and pay for everyone else's 'basic income'.

These people live in a fantasy world where reality is just all fun and games.

ok doser

So ... don't work and you get a basic income (whatever that means),. or work and pay for everyone else's 'basic income'.

These people live in a fantasy world where reality is just all fun and games.

murray's scheme (which is the only one i'm familiar with) allows for a minimalist lifestyle - for example, it has mandatory payments taken out for health insurance, so the unworking poor won't be a social drain on our existing health care system - past that, you're on your own with regard to choice - how you choose to spend your $700/month is all up to you - but if you choose unwisely, there's no government programs to fall back on

murray presents it as a way to rid us of the nanny state, to make citizens take responsibility for their actions and choices

Right Divider

Body part
murray's scheme (which is the only one i'm familiar with) allows for a minimalist lifestyle - for example, it has mandatory payments taken out for health insurance, so the unworking poor won't be a social drain on our existing health care system - past that, you're on your own with regard to choice - how you choose to spend your $700/month is all up to you - but if you choose unwisely, there's no government programs to fall back on
It's still a tremendous incentive to laziness and claiming other people's hard work as their own.

murray presents it as a way to rid us of the nanny state, to make citizens take responsibility for their actions and choices
Fairy tales all the way down.

How many people will take $700 a month with free health care? What if it's everybody?

These politicians all think that money grows on trees.

genuineoriginal

Do we open the borders and let in everyone that wants to participate in the universal basic income?

That system will be exploited in the same way that subsidies intended for small independent farms have been exploited by large farming conglomerates.

ok doser

It's still a tremendous incentive to laziness and claiming other people's hard work as their own.

Fairy tales all the way down.

How many people will take $700 a month with free health care? What if it's everybody?

These politicians all think that money grows on trees.

the thing is, we're already paying that (and more) if you count the cost of all the social programs our tax dollars support

murray's scheme dismantles a huge administrative bureaucracy and replaces it with a simple check-writing service

while i haven't examined his numbers closely (and he's silent on what to do with all the administrative bureaucrats who no longer have jobs) he presents it as less expensive than what we have now and designed to encourage personal growth (which the current welfare system discourages)

for a personal example, i can't live on $700/month - not unless i give up my car and a lot of lifestyle choices i enjoy

Last edited:

ok doser

That system will be exploited in the same way that subsidies intended for small independent farms ...

all susbsidies would be ended as well - murray argues for a minimalist role for government, including minimal obstruction from government for private enterprise to enter the field of support for those businesses that can show the potential for being successful

Right Divider

Body part
the things is, we're already paying that (and more) if you count the cost of all the social programs our tax dollars support

murray's scheme dismantles a huge administrative bureaucracy and replaces it with a simple check-writing service

while i haven't examined his numbers closely (and he's silent on what to do with all the administrative bureaucrats who no longer have jobs) he presents it as less expensive than what we have now and designed to encourage personal growth (which the current welfare system discourages)

for a personal example, i can't live on $700/month - not unless i give up my car and a lot of lifestyle choices i enjoy
I get that, but if you think that this magic program will eliminate all of the existing programs.... not gonna happen.

ok doser

... murray argues for a minimalist role for government...

btw - this is why the left loathes him (even though he is more closely aligned with traditional liberal views - he's been forced to identify as a libertarian) to the point of insisting he's a racist (see SPLC thread)