Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

TracerBullet

I understood that, but she chose a profession of healing, knowing fuel well the ethics involved. In 19 years ethics might shift, but the principle of being a healer do not.

I remember many years ago when my wife was still in school. She would occasionally get angered by the med students whose conversations almost always about what kind of large home, or which Porsche or Beemer, they were going to get when they got their licenses, or which field would yield them the largest income. The desire to care for people was never mentioned in her hearing. I'm guessing that this particular doctor has good motives, but I see a little aCW in her. If she can't get past a person's flaws she's in the wrong occupation.

In this particular case the doctor was the one with the personal flaws.

Morpheus

you're assuming a delay from facts not in evidence

that's retarded

i'm assuming no delay based on my experience in the field as a medical professional and as a parent with vastly more experience than you have

sorry retard - you lose :chuckle:
And if doctors started refusing care to your children because you're a rectum, then referred them to a proctologist for an emancipation procedure?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Yet they had not chosen that doctor; they were stuck with her. The appointment was made months before, and the child had already been accepted by the doctor. Technically there may have been a breach of contract. What about it TH?

as far as i care to research it, she was a member of a pediatric group practice. it is common in such practices to have your colleagues cover for you when you are sick or on vacation or called to the hospital

Morpheus

as far as i care to research it, she was a member of a pediatric group practice. it is common in such practices to have your colleagues cover for you when you are sick or on vacation or called to the hospital

But not when you are present and just don't feel like it. The child was accepted as a patient and months passed from acceptance until the appointment with that personally selected physician.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
But not when you are present

she wasn't present

and just don't feel like it. The child was accepted as a patient and months passed from acceptance until the appointment with that personally selected physician.

again, in my experience you have a primary physician, but no guarantee of seeing that particular doctor when making an appointment in a group practice

Morpheus

i'll let someone else report you

It may be a bit over the top, but no more than many of your responses. Yet the question, at its root, has merit. What if doctors started refusing treatment of your children because they didn't like your behavior, or even your looks? Is that better?

fool

Hall of Fame
But not when you are present and just don't feel like it. The child was accepted as a patient and months passed from acceptance until the appointment with that personally selected physician.

Hence false advertising, that Doctor needs to put a disclaimer next to her name on the sign.

fool

Hall of Fame
she wasn't present

again, in my experience you have a primary physician, but no guarantee of seeing that particular doctor when making an appointment in a group practice

This is true, but what happens when the "no gays" doctor is the one minding the store?

oatmeal

Pediatrician Refuses Care for Baby of Lesbians

So is this different than the whole "wedding" cake issue for same-sex couples? My take is that it is different - a pediatrician cares for a child who finds itself in the situation it's in through no choice of its own. This is about caring for the child, not the guardians of the child. Early Christians would do something similar when they would go to the cliffs where the Romans would leave babies they didn't want - and take them in themselves. They weren't validating the choice to abandon a baby, but doing what they could for it.

When the bible says that the rain falls on the just and the unjust, it means God provides for everyone to some degree. This wouldn't be justifying a homosexual couple nearly the same way providing a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony would.

But that's just my take. Even this doctor apologized to the couple and said that she felt she couldn't have any meaningful relationship with them because of their differences. Is that a valid reason not to treat a child?

I don't see this as an issue of choice. I believe the doctor should have the right to do what she did. But was she right in doing so?

Are there other factors I'm not taking into consideration?

The baby is not the problem, the fact that lesbians disqualify themselves as being capable parents is

Morpheus

she wasn't present

She was present. She later apologized for not telling them herself, and she personally sent the other doctor in to tell them. They made the appointment with that doctor, not the group. I have a primary care physician, and have had the same one for 40 years. He is the head of a group, but the group is not my physician. This is how most practices operate. Only clinics function differently.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
She would occasionally get angered by the med students whose conversations almost always about what kind of large home, or which Porsche or Beemer, they were going to get when they got their licenses....

i'm planning on one of these :banana:

$_1.JPG

Morpheus

:doh: this is not about refusal of treatment

treatment was arranged and provided, seamlessly

She refused treatment to a pre-accepted patient even though she was there. They did not make the appointment with the other doctor or the clinic, they made it wit one physician who accepted the patient ahead of time. She was present in the facility, yet refused to even speak to them at the appointed time and shoved a different doctor onto them. That is refusal of services. Passing them off doesn't change her personal refusal.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
... She was present in the facility....

not according to the perverts:

“[Roi’s colleague] said ‘I’ll be your doctor, I'll be seeing you today because Dr. Roi decided this morning that she prayed on it and she won't be able to care for Bay,’” Jami Contreras told WJBK-TV in Detroit. “[Her colleague] told us she [Roi] didn't even come to the office that morning because she didn't want to see us."