Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In this instance, the referral was in fact an appointment.
Which is still a delay. The child might be fine. The child might not. The first check up is monitoring any number of things that are important in gauging the development of the infant. Any way you look at it, bad call by the doctor. Examine the child then make the referral for future visits.

Duty done and no potential for harm.

bybee

no harm was done, except to the feelings of the perverted "parents"

the child was not wounded, only the feelings of the perverted "parents"

and the pediatrician ensured that occurred by providing the child a qualified pediatrician to perform that function

As a nurse, I would even provide nursing care to the likes of you. That is my duty.

GFR7

Which is still a delay. The child might be fine. The child might not. The child might need immunization. Any way you look at it, bad call by the doctor. Examine the child then make the referral for future visits.

Duty done and no potential for harm.
But in this case the referral doctor was in the same group, came right in at the scheduled time and immediately began weighing and examining the 6 day old.

Morpheus

I agree, but the pediatrician in question acted partly in order to make certain the infant did NOT receive substandard care.

I understood that, but she chose a profession of healing, knowing full well the ethics involved. In 19 years ethics might shift, but the principle of being a healer do not.

I remember many years ago when my wife was still in school. She would occasionally get angered by the med students whose conversations almost always about what kind of large home, or which Porsche or Beemer, they were going to get when they got their licenses, or which field would yield them the largest income. The desire to care for people was never mentioned in her hearing. I'm guessing that this particular doctor has good motives, but I see a little aCW in her. If she can't get past a person's flaws she's in the wrong occupation.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
It would seem to me that these things at the very least boil down to False Advertising.

Morpheus

But in this case the referral doctor was in the same group, came right in at the scheduled time and immediately began weighing and examining the 6 day old.

Yet they had not chosen that doctor; they were stuck with her. The appointment was made months before, and the child had already been accepted by the doctor. Technically there may have been a breach of contract. What about it TH?

bybee

I understood that, but she chose a profession of healing, knowing fuel well the ethics involved. In 19 years ethics might shift, but the principle of being a healer do not.

I remember many years ago when my wife was still in school. She would occasionally get angered by the med students whose conversations almost always about what kind of large home, or which Porsche or Beemer, they were going to get when they got their licenses, or which field would yield them the largest income. The desire to care for people was never mentioned in her hearing. I'm guessing that this particular doctor has good motives, but I see a little aCW in her. If she can't get past a person's flaws she's in the wrong occupation.

We are all flawed in one way or another. Clergy, health care workers and all who provide professional services must utilize their talents for good.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you're a retard
No, but at least you've found a charge you don't need to pretend to support with facts you don't have, like the position of mine you didn't quote and got wrong anyway in terms of impact/parallel.

the perverts are sitting in the office expecting Dr Roi to walk in and another doctor walks in and performs the exam
That wasn't what the article stated. Another physician informed them their doctor wouldn't be seeing them.

A first check up is important. A delay is unacceptable.

Wrong again. You're on a roll. The article did note a letter informing them they could get help from another pediatrician on staff, presumably with an appointment/referral. :rolleyes:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
No, but at least you've found a charge you don't need to pretend to support with facts you don't have, like the position of mine you didn't quote and got wrong anyway in terms of impact/parallel.

That wasn't what the article stated. Another physician informed them their doctor wouldn't be seeing them.

A first check up is important. A delay is unacceptable.

Wrong again. You're on a roll. The article did note a letter informing them they could get help from another pediatrician on staff, presumably with an appointment/referral. :rolleyes:

you're assuming a delay from facts not in evidence

that's retarded

i'm assuming no delay based on my experience in the field as a medical professional and as a parent with vastly more experience than you have

sorry retard - you lose :chuckle:

Morpheus

We are all flawed in one way or another. Clergy, health care workers and all who provide professional services must utilize their talents for good.

It's like my wife was taught, you are not treating a criminal, a murderer, a homosexual, a grouch, etc.; you're treating a patient.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
for the retards who think the baby was chucked out into the snow:

A married, same-sex couple in Michigan say they felt discriminated against after a pediatrician refused to see their newborn daughter, according to their attorney.

Jami and Krista Contreras of Oak Park, Michigan, welcomed their daughter, Bay, four months ago. Six days after Bay was born, the couple took the infant to a pediatrician, Dr. Vesna Roi, they had chosen after an earlier prenatal visit with the doctor, the couple’s attorney, Dana Nessel, told ABC News.

But after they arrived in the waiting room at Eastlake Pediatrics in Roseville, Michigan, Roi’s colleague came out to meet the family and told them that after “praying on it,” Roi had decided she couldn’t care for Bay, Nessel said.

“[Roi’s colleague] said ‘I’ll be your doctor, I'll be seeing you today because Dr. Roi decided this morning that she prayed on it and she won't be able to care for Bay,’” Jami Contreras told WJBK-TV in Detroit. “[Her colleague] told us she [Roi] didn't even come to the office that morning because she didn't want to see us."