ECT Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A giant of man stood outside a shop.

He was dressed in a singlet as wood choppers do.

Suddenly a little lady came out of the shop, took him by the hand and said "come on john".

Right then I saw how the truth is.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A giant of man stood outside a shop.

He was dressed in a singlet as wood choppers do.

Suddenly a little lady came out of the shop, took him by the hand and said "come on john".

Right then I saw how the truth is.

LA

It means that God our Father is the meekest of all, and those who know His heart toward them, are not afraid of Him who is ever willing to do the will of them who love Him.

(which is His foremost interest in this life. If only some would realize it)

LA

Danoh

It means that God our Father is the meekest of all, and those who know His heart toward them, are not afraid of Him who is ever willing to do the will of them who love Him.

(which is His foremost interest in this life. If only some would realize it)

LA

This MAD agrees with his understanding of that sentiment.

Danoh

You claim Jesus was a teacher of the law, so what is your problem.

LA

Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Leviticus 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper; 14:4 Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: 14:5 And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water: 14:6 As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water: 14:7 And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

Leviticus 14 goes on to relate more of that...

Moving on, we find...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In my understnading of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, my above is...

A DISTINCTION...

BETWEEN the Lord's AND the Twelve's ministry TO ISRAEL UNDER THE LAW, on the one hand...

AND...

The Apostle Paul's DISTINCTIVE...

DUE TIME...

Ministry to ALL...

WITHOUT distinction...

THIS SIDE OF...

The righteousness of God...

WITHOUT The Law.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 1:11-12 American Standard Version (ASV)

11 For I make known to you, brethren, as touching the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not after man. 12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 1:11-12 American Standard Version (ASV)

11 For I make known to you, brethren, as touching the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not after man. 12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.
Yeppers.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
With peppers :)
Pepper_dances_4.gif
Pepper_dances_4.gif

Interplanner

Put those two together and they all got it direct from Christ, the one Gospel.

Paul made the statement about the source because of the super-apostles and their human influence, as mentioned in Col 2 or 2 Cor. They did claim direct divine revelation but also were insisting on the divine importance of their neo-Judaic teaching, so it was important to say not from man. There are other men in the picture than one group of apostles vs another.

Interplanner

Ephesians 3:4-5 KJV
(4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
(5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

This pair of verses of course, contradicts the 'all came from the OT' because there was something veiled even though in the OT. So the language of the prophets there had to be revisited by the spirit of Christ to show what was Christocentric there. Christocentric is not 2P2P. Sorry.

Perfect example, and wide-ranging: "He did not say 'to seeds' meaning many, but 'to the Seed,' which is Christ."

It takes the activity of the Spirit of God to get people to see that that is there, that that is the official, apostolic and final interp of the Genesis narrative.

This helps a lot when looking at 'it was credited to him as righteousness' because I challenge anyone to find much context for that! But the inspired word meant for that phrase to be there in Genesis so that when the time finally came, it would be an anchorhold for the world-wide applicability of the message before any Judaic ceremonial law gets roots.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men,

Was NOTmade known to sons of man in other ages.
Doesn't say it was made know, but some did not understand.
It wasn't made known in other ages, period.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men,

Was NOTmade known to sons of man in other ages.
Doesn't say it was made know, but some did not understand.
It wasn't made known in other ages, period.

It was written in the OT but not revealed until the proper time.

Paul was taught by the Holy Spirit using the OT scriptures, as all of the Apostles were.

LA

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Put those two together and they all got it direct from Christ, the one Gospel.
It all came from GOD,
Just because it all comes from GOD does not mean that GOD does not say different things to different folks.
GOD didn't tell Noah to be circumcised.
GOD did tell Israel to be circumcised.

Things that differ are not the same, and yet it all came from GOD.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It all came from GOD,
Just because it all comes from GOD does not mean that GOD does not say different things to different folks.
GOD didn't tell Noah to be circumcised.
GOD did tell Israel to be circumcised.

Things that differ are not the same, and yet it all came from GOD.

God dealing with cultural economies has progressed, but the Gospel of Salvation and Grace can only be One Divine Promise.

For there is no other salvation under heaven, except revealed in the authority, power, and name of Jesus Christ.

One Savior = One Gospel

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Now yes. But not in Jesus' day

The one True Gospel is the Everlasting Gospel. Revelation 14:6

Not subject to time or changed in times. For Jesus Christ, the sole Foundation and Performer of the Gospel promise, is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.