ECT Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel.

That being the case, Paul was teaching that the true Church of the NT, fulfills the promises of God made to Israel, the spiritual descendants of Abraham.(not the physical descendants or that of Judaism.)

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

I don't know if you will read the scripture I posted, but isn't your attitude towards the Jews the same attitude that the Jews had about the Gentiles?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes Sir.

Paul said nothing new to that of the OT.
Everything was written in the past.

LA

Acts 20:35 KJV

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Where are these words, of the Lord Jesus...

"It is more blessed to give than to receive"

...."written in the past," in the OT, that Paul said, that the Lord Jesus said.

the "words"

You have 24 hours, drone....

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Where are these words, of the Lord Jesus...

the "words"

You have 24 hours, drone....

You claim Jesus was a teacher of the law, so what is your problem.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know if you will read the scripture I posted, but isn't your attitude towards the Jews the same attitude that the Jews had about the Gentiles?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

How do you know what my attitude is?

I posted scripture so deal with it.

LA

Cross Reference

That being the case, Paul was teaching that the true Church of the NT, fulfills the promises of God made to Israel, the spiritual descendants of Abraham.(not the physical descendants or that of Judaism.)

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

Is that how Paul addressed the Phillipians?

john w

Hall of Fame
You claim Jesus was a teacher of the law, so what is your problem.

LA

You missed it, as usual,and punted your own argument.

You argued:

"Paul said nothing new to that of the OT.
Everything was written in the past."-you

Fine...

Thus, where are these words, of the Lord Jesus...

the "words"

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Pauls teachings all came from the OT concerning Israel

But is it toward the Jews or toward unbelief?

If once, Jews were counted believers and all else were counted Gentile Sinners.

I suppose you could say that all believers are forgiven gentile sinners, and all who disbelieve are Jews.

I will post a second reply though. Let me see the context of words exchanged.

Well, I'm going to get spit on for this, but it is specifically for the Jews. I am a Jew by birth that has excepted Jesus.

I note the book of Zechariah speaks of things that are simultaneously talked about in Daniel, Revelation and many other places. To write literal Israel and the Jews off is to ignore Pauls reference to a mystery and ignore the fact that literal Zion is the place of the final skirmish.

The word hell is used in place of Gehenna in scripture.

Also, the Islamic uprising is occurring in the places of the seven churches of Revelation.

They are anti-Christ and anti-Jew and Christian.

Now is not the time to generate scriptural division.

Now, more than ever, unity must be found where it seems impossible.

Peace is a terrible thing in these times as it is a false peace amongst men.

But unity found in the message of Christ's unconditional Love is a key. We are commissioned to Love even the enemies of the gospel.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Interplanner

I suppose you could say that all believers are forgiven gentile sinners, and all who disbelieve are Jews.

I will post a second reply though. Let me see the context of words exchanged.

Well, I'm going to get spit on for this, but it is specifically for the Jews. I am a Jew by birth that has excepted Jesus.

I note the book of Zechariah speaks of things that are simultaneously talked about in Daniel, Revelation and many other places. To write literal Israel and the Jews off is to ignore Pauls reference to a mystery and ignore the fact that literal Zion is the place of the final skirmish.

The word hell is used in place of Gehenna in scripture.

Also, the Islamic uprising is occurring in the places of the seven churches of Revelation.

They are anti-Christ and anti-Jew and Christian.

Now is not the time to generate scriptural division.

Now, more than ever, unity must be found where it seems impossible.

Peace is a terrible thing in these times as it is a false peace amongst men.

But unity found in the message of Christ's unconditional Love is a key. We are commissioned to Love even the enemies of the gospel.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Sorry Nameless, but I can't even tell what the grammar of your first line means... Perhaps English is 2nd for you; I'm trying my best, but I don't know how to take it.

Since the declaration of Rom 11 (esp v30) was given, the only division is between belief and unbelief. It is not racial or ethnic or gender or anything else Marxism divides upon!

Don't go down the newspaper method of reading Zech--Ezek--Rev, it is so amateur. Notice that the first page of the Rev says it is about things happening immediately. Don't "spiritualize" or "eternalize" that. Stay in ordinary meaning.

I notice that if a believer will not listen to his church partners and leaders that he is to be treated 'as you would a tax-collector or pagan.' I assume Christ meant that in the worst sense, not the redeemed/renewed sense, which would be a sort of 360 and dilute the church going forward.

Danoh

Sorry Nameless, but I can't even tell what the grammar of your first line means... Perhaps English is 2nd for you; I'm trying my best, but I don't know how to take it...

I might not fully agree with it; but it was clear enough to me...

This...

is this...

If...Jews were (once) counted believers and all else were counted Gentile sinners (then) I suppose you could say that (now) all believers are forgiven Gentile sinners, and all who disbelieve are Jews.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA

Membership of Heavenly Zion has always been Gods plan for His faithful.

She is the woman of Rev.ch 12.---

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

2Jn 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2Jn 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
2Jn 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2Jn 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

LA

Interplanner

Membership of Heavenly Zion has always been Gods plan for His faithful.

She is the woman of Rev.ch 12.---

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

2Jn 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2Jn 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
2Jn 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2Jn 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

LA

Good collection. btw, what have you found about 3 John 7's 'receiving no help from the pagans.'? Did pagans sometimes help Christian missions? Is 'ethnikon' Gentiles as usual? Did he mean 'Gentile Christians' and what would be the problem with that? A bit of separation? Gentile christians helped the Jewish ones in Judea in Rom 15, so I don't know why this phrase is either "pagan" or "Gentile christians"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good collection. btw, what have you found about 3 John 7's 'receiving no help from the pagans.'? Did pagans sometimes help Christian missions? Is 'ethnikon' Gentiles as usual? Did he mean 'Gentile Christians' and what would be the problem with that? A bit of separation? Gentile christians helped the Jewish ones in Judea in Rom 15, so I don't know why this phrase is either "pagan" or "Gentile christians"

Luk 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
Luk 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luk 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luk 10:4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
Luk 10:5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luk 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Sorry Nameless, but I can't even tell what the grammar of your first line means... Perhaps English is 2nd for you; I'm trying my best, but I don't know how to take it.

Since the declaration of Rom 11 (esp v30) was given, the only division is between belief and unbelief. It is not racial or ethnic or gender or anything else Marxism divides upon!

Don't go down the newspaper method of reading Zech--Ezek--Rev, it is so amateur. Notice that the first page of the Rev says it is about things happening immediately. Don't "spiritualize" or "eternalize" that. Stay in ordinary meaning.

I notice that if a believer will not listen to his church partners and leaders that he is to be treated 'as you would a tax-collector or pagan.' I assume Christ meant that in the worst sense, not the redeemed/renewed sense, which would be a sort of 360 and dilute the church going forward.

Inter planner,

Jesus is the good shepherd that looks for the one lost.

Jews thought they were elite.

This poisoned their understanding of God to the point they didn't recognize Him. I know that many did, but the ones that were narrow and elite missed the mark.

Interplanner

Besides warning directly to people he knew, there is 1:1,
1:3
1:7
4:1. Note that while some "later" things were mentioned back in 1, this is now what will happen 'after this'-- a very immediate sequence. The next things then take place, sometimes on top of each other as in the start over of ch 10. We don't hear of "later" things until the end of the very long reign of Christ, ch 20.

Interplanner

Inter planner,

Jesus is the good shepherd that looks for the one lost.

Jews thought they were elite.

This poisoned their understanding of God to the point they didn't recognize Him. I know that many did, but the ones that were narrow and elite missed the mark.

Good, I see no disagreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.