Caledvwlch

Also these:
absolutesocks_2267_196696537__36971.1402954903.1280.1280.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is there a bar in this place or what?

:plain:

And if so how low is it... :plain: what?

Sorry...I forgot my glasses and thought this was the Pecan's thread...because I have a lot of those on the acreage...and a lot of recipes. If you're interested in pecan shrimp let me know. :chew:

zoo22

Is there a bar in this place or what?

Like a grizzly or something? Not as far as I've seen. I wouldn't figure expect to see any; they pretty much stick to their neck of the woods. But it's good you're being cautious. With bars, better safe than sorry.

While we're on the subject, that whole thing about "they're more afraid of you than you are of them?" That's not true. At all. I'm pretty sure the bars made that story up to mess with us.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Like a grizzly or something? Not as far as I've seen. I wouldn't figure expect to see any; they pretty much stick to their neck of the woods. But it's good you're being cautious. With bars, better safe than sorry.
He's not from Kentucky or thereabouts. It's a common mistake given his frequent use of the word "git".

Arthur Brain

While we're on the subject, that whole thing about "they're more afraid of you than you are of them?" That's not true. At all. I'm pretty sure the bars made that story up to mess with us.

He's not from Kentucky or thereabouts. It's a common mistake given his frequent use of the word "git".

Bar humbug...etc...

:plain:

Caledvwlch

So on Friday night, Granite walked into a Catholic church, sat down and listened to me sing sacred advent music in a choral performance. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

:cheers:

Granite

Hall of Fame
So on Friday night, Granite walked into a Catholic church, sat down and listened to me sing sacred advent music in a choral performance. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

:cheers:

:noid:

And there goes my carefully cultivated image...

Lon

It was conjecture. But I stand by it. I would even put money on it. I think most Christians would be embarrassed by any implied association with you. I have it easy. You're not out there making atheists look bad.
No, "I reject anything Christian or God" as a label is bad enough that there is no way to make an atheist look worse. I'm not even from the McCarthy era and I still know 'atheist' is bad. Simply being 'agnostic' isn't 'anti- (against)' God and Christianity.

I'm often offended by the mere presence of an atheist for all that term and rejection entails.

I don't think you can call yourself an 'atheist' and be a decent person. I've met too many atheists and haven't met one yet that I liked. An agnostic, yes.

"Atheist" has never been an endearing term. Being anti- anything good is always a bad thing. You can't be anti-puppies without offending, and I'm not talking about just dog-lovers. I believe it is important for atheists to own the responsibility for their blatant offense. As I've read a few atheists' comments on TOL, I've only become more convinced that the gap is purposeful and wide.

How can it be otherwise? It is Jesus' parable of wheat and tares. Tares are, accordingly, not nice critters.