"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

You take that to mean that God does not want us in any church's though. :rolleyes:
True worshipers are the church. All the denominations that own the church buildings teach falseness.

When our Lord said, "Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do," He did not mean, "Log-in, go insane." Why don't you do, what He actually said to do in remembrance of Him?

DJ

Do you eat a meal with those in the building you go to? Jesus did not say take this wafer.

It was a real meal with real bread.

Shasta

[=heir;4463598]Israel future is waiting the blotting out of sins (Zechariah 13:1 KJV, Acts 3:19-21 KJV, 1 John 1:9 KJV) while the Body of Christ has already received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)!

1 John was written to believers during his time. I do not read anything in there to suggest he is giving a word to future generations. In fact, the evidence I continue to present shows that his letter was not addressed specifically to Jews at all. That is a complete fabrication, a myth invented to support the MAD meta-narrative. Neither internal evidence nor external supports this hypothesis.

Here's what it really says and you ought to look at what it is you are actually citing. The first verse shows these Ephesians hath been quickened. It also shows what these Ephesians "WERE" in "time past". Then in spite of who they were, the "but now"/"but God" good news!

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Also: These Ephesians, like the rest of us today who have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation, are saved and sealed!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Of course the Ephesians had been saved at a past time prior to this letter. Paul is writing to believers not unbelievers.

When interpreting the symbols and metaphors used by the Biblical authors it is necessary to understand what they meant from their standpoint, culturally and historically. You have assumed from our cultural background that "sealing" implies something permanent In the First Century seals were blobs of hot wax that were affixed to official documents and impressed with the stamp of someone in authority. Seals were used to authenticate official documents of all kinds.

WAX seals were not padlocks of metal. They could be broken by the person who held them just not without legal consequence. Once a document's seal was broken the document's authenticity would have been questionable and it would not be trusted or honored. Likewise, we have been granted a promise but it is not something we can treat contemptuously. God's seal on us is the Holy Spirit who this very passage says we must be careful not to grieve.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1 John was written to believers during his time. I do not read anything in there to suggest he is giving a word to future generations. In fact, the evidence I continue to present shows that his letter was not addressed specifically to Jews at all. That is a complete fabrication, a myth invented to support the MAD meta-narrative. Neither internal evidence nor external supports this hypothesis.

Of course the Ephesians had been saved at a past time prior to this letter. Paul is writing to believers not unbelievers.

When interpreting the symbols and metaphors used by the Biblical authors it is necessary to understand what they meant from their standpoint, culturally and historically. You have assumed from our cultural background that "sealing" implies something permanent In the First Century seals were blobs of hot wax that were affixed to official documents when hot and then impressed with the stamp of someone in authority. Seals were used to authenticate official documents of all kinds.

WAX seals were not padlocks of metal. They could be broken by the person who held them just not without legal consequence. Once a document's seal was broken the document's authenticity would have been questionable and it would not be trusted or honored.

We have been granted a promise but it is not something we can treat contemptuously. God's seal on us is the Holy Spirit who this very passage says we must be careful not to grieve.

I'll take Heir's truth over your personal opinions.

elohiym

I agree with Paul, especially verse 21 where he qualifies it by saying;
"those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

The Greek states people that do those things will not inherit the kingdom of God, and Paul states if you walk in the Spirit you will not do those things. Do you agree that if you walk in the Spirit you will not do those things? It seems you believe that you walk in the Spirit but occasionally do those things, yet also believe you will inherit the kingdom of God because you think doing something occasionally isn't a lifestyle choice.

elohiym said:
1 John 3:10 states you can know the children of the devil from the children of God because the children of the devil sin. You seem to be arguing that they only sin more, so how can you know a tree by it's fruit if all trees produce bad fruit?
Yes, so taken IN context and along with the verses I gave you, believers who occasionally sin, are not who John is speaking of in 1 John 3:10
The operative word here is SEEM, which means you read with your sinless perspective glasses. I conveyed no such thing.

Yes you did, and just did again when you distinguished believers as only occasionally sinning. You think children of the devil sin more. That's basically what the Pharisee thought when he looked down on the other sinners who didn't have his perceived religious crutch in the form of a sacrifice, forgiveness and atonement.

If you're going to cherry pick scripture OUT of context, you are never going to learn.

Why isn't it cherry picking when you do it?

You did well until the last of my questions which you deflect by turning it back on me. I even asked you to NOT be equivocal. Are you afraid to answer?

I answered you unequivocally, "No, I ceased from sin when I received the mind of Christ."

I'm pretty sure I have already admitted that I do occasionally sin, and my responses would indicate that IMO.

Do you occasionally covet?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When someone won't answer such a simple and direct question, it means they're:

1) Fearful?
2) Angry?
3) Haven't decided?
4) Don't wish to go against their peers?
5) Are Spiritually immature?
6) Arrogant?
7) Personal reasons?

Which one do you cling to?

elohiym

You sure run away quickly. If you can't backup what you post, then why post?

I haven't run away. You want to teach, so teach me what you think it means. I simply said I believe the parable of the sower. That doesn't obligate me to teach you what it means, Stan.

elohiym

When someone won't answer such a simple and direct question, it means they're:

1) Fearful?
2) Angry?
3) Haven't decided?
4) Don't wish to go against their peers?
5) Are Spiritually immature?
6) Arrogant?
7) Personal reasons?

Which one do you cling to?

Look in the mirror.

Dan Emanuel

Doesn't mean what you are implying...
Why don't you share, what you think I'm implying.
...Here's another scripture that proves GT's point:

"So the word of the LORD to them will be, "Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line, A little here, a little there," That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive."

Them does not refer to believers but does refer to those it is written, "Hearing they cannot hear, and seeing they cannot see."
So you also believe God's Truth, that reading the Scripture repeatedly does nothing? I'm thinking more about Isaiah 55:11 KJV rather than any of these other verse's. Aren't those who hear/read His Word, "whereto [He] sent it?" :idunno: "Void:" no. "Accomplish:" yes.

DJ

Shasta

OSAS is a fundamental Christian doctrine. Anyone who believes otherwise,
either, isn't a "True Believer" or they're ignorant of the truth of God's
written Word. Spiritual immaturity could allow them to be in that state,
as well.

None of the Early Church Fathers believed in OSAS. How do you account for that? If it had been a doctrine you would think SOMEone would have heard SOMEthing about it The same can be said for MAD.

elohiym

Why don't you share, what you think I'm implying.

I hope you were implying an answer to GT's challenge, else your citation was pointless.

So you also believe God's Truth, that reading the Scripture repeatedly does nothing?

GT wasn't claiming that, just that some people will not understand it no matter how many times they read it.

Come on, you know that people listened to Jesus in person and still didn't understand. Do you think reading a book a thousand times would work better than listening to God's voice once?