"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I disagree. Paul states in Romans 7:25 that he serves the law of God with his mind. It's not possible for a person to be serving the law of God with his mind if he is doing any of the acts Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. He meant his flesh serves the law of sin by dying, not that he still struggled with sin. The things he did that he didn't want to do (Ro 7:20) are unintentional acts like touching unclean things and animals, and also bodily functions like nocturnal emissions. Wilful sin is doing what you want to do, not doing what you don't want to do.

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Not the state of an unsaved person, but of a saved person struggling with his flesh, until delivered from its power.

LA

elohiym

One is NOT walking in the flesh when one sins.

I wrote that one is not walking in the Spirit (believing) when one commits the acts Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. Do you agree?

Walking in the flesh is a LIFESTYLE, and those people are NOT Christians, or have become apostates.

1 John 3:10 states you can know the children of the devil from the children of God because the children of the devil sin. You seem to be arguing that they only sin more, so how can you know a tree by it's fruit if all trees produce bad fruit?

I would appreciate if you would be unequivocal about this issue. Do you sin or not?

No, I cease from sin when received the mind of Christ.

"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;"

Do you sin or not?

God's Truth

I was only pointing out that you missed her point, and then I shared the scripture that supported her point, so that you might not miss her point again. As for your point ...

Of course, I can't answer for her.

I don't attend a local congregation of any denomination but have a growing home church. We'd neither share communion nor keep company with those who continue in sin. On this forum I am forced to interact with such people in order to share the good news that will hopefully free them and others from the bondage of sin.

If I could find more like minded people to meet with I would love it. Just reading Elohiyms posts is good enough.

I would live in a cave if I could, or in the desert, as John did.

elohiym

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Not the state of an unsaved person, but of a saved person struggling with his flesh, until delivered from its power.

An unsaved person doesn't delight in the law of God or serve the law of God with his mind. The evil present with him relates to the Mosaic ordinances that no person could keep without becoming unclean and guilty and in need of sacrifice no matter how much they loved their neighbor or enemy.

Again, Leviticus 15:30 is a good example. Someone like John the baptist's mother kept the law blamelessly (Luke 1:6) but still could become unclean and guilty under the Mosaic law for menstruation. Though she loved the law of God it still condemned her flesh, but it did not condemn her spirit.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ died for the sins of ALL mankind. However, only those who hear
the one and only Gospel today (Grace Gospel/Paul's Gospel) and place
ALL their faith in Christ will benefit from Christ's death and resurrection.

If God gives someone His Grace (through faith in Christ) they are saved
for eternity. Why? Because, they've been sealed, indwelt, and baptized
by the Holy Spirit and have been placed into the Body of Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You guys have heard this Message several times on TOL. Yet, you
disregard its truth. If you don't respond to this Gospel, sometime
during the rest of your life, you'll stand before God the Father and
be judged by your works. Your end will be, "The Lake of Fire" along
with the devil and his angels. That IS eternal damnation. There is
no "Annihilation" only torment for eternity.

StanJ

I wrote that one is not walking in the Spirit (believing) when one commits the acts Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. Do you agree?

I agree with Paul, especially verse 21 where he qualifies it by saying;
"those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

1 John 3:10 states you can know the children of the devil from the children of God because the children of the devil sin. You seem to be arguing that they only sin more, so how can you know a tree by it's fruit if all trees produce bad fruit?

Yes, so taken IN context and along with the verses I gave you, believers who occasionally sin, are not who John is speaking of in 1 John 3:10
The operative word here is SEEM, which means you read with your sinless perspective glasses. I conveyed no such thing.

No, I cease from sin when received the mind of Christ.
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;"
Do you sin or not?

If you're going to cherry pick scripture OUT of context, you are never going to learn. 1 Peter 4:1 refers to what he was teaching in chapter 3. If you don't understand that or what Peter is conveying in chapter 3 then you can't possibly use 1 Peter 4:1 properly. Are you going through what Peter refers to in 1 Peter 3?
You did well until the last of my questions which you deflect by turning it back on me. I even asked you to NOT be equivocal. Are you afraid to answer? I'm pretty sure I have already admitted that I do occasionally sin, and my responses would indicate that IMO.