Online Prayer Requests

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It has been a difficult week at the retirement/healthcare center so far this week, for the residents and some of the staff.

Daniel (56) who lived on the retirement side, a staff worker committed suicide, most of the resident's are really troubled about this. Daniel had no family locally.

Helen the healthcare dietary director, her son died at the hands of killer, the killer has not been apprehended as yet. Helen will be off from work for a while.

Bette a member of the dining room service staff dropped dead while helping in the service line. The dining roomstaff is having a hard time dealing with this loss of dear fellow worker.

Roddy (70) wandered away from the retirement side crossing a very busy thoroughfare and wandered of into a busy parking lot, Roddy died in the parking lot from diabetic insulin shock. Roddy has a brother, Paige (59), Paige is having a difficult time understanding it.

If you think of their friends and their families, prayers them would be greatly appreciated.

Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist

Last edited:

Aimiel

Praying.

I'm still recovering from surgery. Please pray that the outcome will be better than expected. It will take four to six weeks to find out. So far: so good.

Thanks!!! :thumb:

Lon

It has been a difficult week at the retirement/healthcare center so far this week, for the residents and some of the staff.

If you think of their friends and their families, prayers them would be greatly appreciated.

1 week? That's a full plate! Hopefully you have help with some of the services. Praying for your and Mrs' wisdom, and comfort for you and their families.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 week? That's a full plate! Hopefully you have help with some of the services. Praying for your and Mrs' wisdom, and comfort for you and their families.
Thanks for praying for the families and for us too.

At the retirement/healthcare center we average 8 deaths a month, the majority being on the healthcare side, so far for May we've had 3 deaths on the healthcare side. We're thankful that we are able to help and comfort the families of the deceased.

bybee

Daniel (56) who lived on the retirement side, a staff worker committed suicide, most of the resident's are really troubled about this. Daniel had no family locally.

Helen the healthcare dietary director, her son died at the hands of killer, the killer has not been apprehended as yet. Helen will be off from work for a while.

Bette a member of the dining room service staff dropped dead while helping in the service line. The dining roomstaff is having a hard time dealing with this loss of dear fellow worker.

Roddy (70) wandered away from the retirement side crossing a very busy thoroughfare and wandered of into a busy parking lot, Roddy died in the parking lot from diabetic insulin shock. Roddy has a brother, Paige (59), Paige is having a difficult time understanding it.

I'm praying.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your (and others we know) being in concert in prayer with us is very encouraging, and very much appreciated.

Treemont Retirement/Healthcare Center is a two building facility, the retirement side has a 245 resident capacity (not counting spouses that add to the number), and the healthcare side has a 100 resident capacity, the levels of care are rehabilitation, assisted living, skilled cared, and hospice. We are at Treemont 5-6 days a week, how blessed we are to serve the Lord in this type of ministry.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Daniel had a quiet graveside service with a few in attendance.
Helen will be off the rest of the month, she's not heard much from law enforcement.
Bette a member of the dining room service staff dropped dead while helping in the service line. The dining room staff is having a hard time dealing with this loss of dear fellow worker.
Bette had a meaningful memorial at the retirement center, the dining room staff was very appreciative for it.
Roddy's service was out from Houston, Paige is headed for a more secure facility where he can be monitored more closely.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello...

We received phone call from our son Tom. Tom had 48 hour chemo round on May 9 and May 23 was cancelled for now to give Tom a break. The Dr said they needed to do a c-scan, Tom had a c-scan last week and the Dr gave him the results, of the 7 cancers on his liver 3 are now scar tissue and the 4 others have enlarged again, and the Dr needs to talk with him next week about the pancreas cancer, and there have been concerns raised about diabetes since the pancreas is not function properly, and now they have to deal with neuropathy that has set in on Tom's hands and feet. Tom said they'll discuss all the options at this point, but they are sure that if they cut into the pancreas it will spread it even more, with the liver the Dr said that if they cut into it it will regenerate itself.

Tom needs wisdom and some patience, he's still positive, physically he's tired and needs some rest. Thanks for praying for him, and he thanks you too.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello...

We received phone call from our son Tom. Tom had 48 hour chemo round on May 9 and May 23 was cancelled for now to give Tom a break. The Dr said they needed to do a c-scan, Tom had a c-scan last week and the Dr gave him the results, of the 7 cancers on his liver 3 are now scar tissue and the 4 others have enlarged again, and the Dr needs to talk with him next week about the pancreas cancer, and there have been concerns raised about diabetes since the pancreas is not function properly, and now they have to deal with neuropathy that has set in on Tom's hands and feet.
Tom said they'll discuss all the options at this point, but they are sure that if they cut into the pancreas it will spread it even more, with the liver the Dr said that if they cut into it it will regenerate itself.

Tom needs wisdom and some patience, he's still positive, physically he's tired and needs some rest. Thanks for praying for him, and he thanks you too.
June 11th is the meeting date for diagnostic consultations and further options and treatment(s) for Tom.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
June 11th is the meeting date for diagnostic consultations and further options and treatment(s) for Tom.
Tom's Dr called him and move his scan findings and treatment consultation day from the 11th June to yesterday the 6th. He was having some anxious feelings. Tom told me it was a bout time they moved forward, and Tom said the best thing he can do regardless of the consultation finds is leave it with the Lord.

Tom called (yesterday afternoon, the 6th) and said that they are stopping all treatments for now. They explained that the liver cancer is overcoming the chemo treatments, as for the pancreas cancer he said there much that could be done and as long as it is benign that is at least a plus and surgery is out of the question in the cases of both.

On the 20th he goes back to the Dr's and that is decision time. they'll talk about trial meds and other treatments which may find him being cared for at the Philip Anschutz Center, PAC that is a part of Metro-Denver's Colorado University Hospital. So that is where Tom is at for now.

You know a person can have a sense about what's not being said, as I was talking with Tom about his June 6 meeting, there was a sound in Tom's voice that to me in silence that said there is more to it than what Tom said, I'm sure you too have heard uncertainty from others in your life. I reassured Tom that one day at a time is what we have and live in that day as we can, and when that day is done we turn the page and start the day's page.

Again thanks for your prayers.

Last edited:

bybee

Tom's Dr called him and move his scan findings and treatment consultation day from the 11th June to yesterday the 6th. He was having some anxious feelings. Tom told me it was a bout time they moved forward, and Tom said the best thing he can do regardless of the consultation finds is leave it with the Lord.

Tom called (yesterday afternoon, the 6th) and said that they are stopping all treatments for now. They explained that the liver cancer is overcoming the chemo treatments, as for the pancreas cancer he said there much that could be done and as long as it is benign that at least a plus and surgery is out of the question in the cases of both.

On the 20th he goes back to the Dr's and that is decision time. they'll talk about trial meds and other treatments which may find him being cared for at the Philip Anschutz Center, PAC that is a part of Metro-Denver's Colorado University Hospital. So that is where Tom is at for now.

You know a person can have a sense about what's not being said, as I was talking with about his June 6 meeting, there was a sound in voice that to me in silence that there is more to it than what Tom said, I'm sure you too have heard uncertainty from others in your life. I reassured Tom that one day at a time is what we have and live in that day as we can, and when that day is done we turn the page and start the day's page.

My heart and my prayers are with you and Mrs Psalmist.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Tom called (yesterday afternoon, the 6th) and said that they are stopping all treatments for now. They explained that the liver cancer is overcoming the chemo treatments, as for the pancreas cancer he said there much that could be done and as long as it is benign that at least a plus and surgery is out of the question in the cases of both.

You know a person can have a sense about what's not being said, as I was talking with about his June 6 meeting, there was a sound in voice that to me in silence that there is more to it than what Tom said, I'm sure you too have heard uncertainty from others in your life. I reassured Tom that one day at a time is what we have and live in that day as we can, and when that day is done we turn the page and start the day's page.

My heart aches for you Psalmist, and my prayers go up to God for your son and for all who love him.