Online Prayer Requests

Breathe

Received a call from my mom, this morning. Aunt Mary passed away last night or this morning. Personally, since I was expecting it, I'm not grief-stricken. I will miss Aunt Mary. But, I'm glad that she's no longer in pain and I know that I will see her again.

But, my mom, my sisters, and Aunt Mary's kids and grandkids are taking this extremely hard. Please keep them in your prayers.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Received a call from my mom, this morning. Aunt Mary passed away last night or this morning. Personally, since I was expecting it, I'm not grief-stricken. I will miss Aunt Mary. But, I'm glad that she's no longer in pain and I know that I will see her again.

But, my mom, my sisters, and Aunt Mary's kids and grandkids are taking this extremely hard. Please keep them in your prayers.
Praying

Aimiel

Please pray for wisdom for the judge in the custody trial (tomorrow). We want God's Will to be done and what is best for the kids.

Thanks in advance, beloved.

Aimiel

Trial is done... tomorrow the judge interviews the children. Please pray for wisdom for the judge.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello...

I talked with Tom a little while ago about how he was feeling, and how his cancer treatment was going. He really having some difficulty, lots of pain and discomfort, he said it's enough that Kimberly is taking him to the hospital. Not sure what that all means. So it's a wait and see, this is all started after he began trial chemo cancer treatment.

Thought you should know. And thank you for praying for him.

Tom and Violet

Aimiel

Praying.

We're still waiting for the decree from the judge... she has up to 30 days to release her decision. Please pray about it.

Thanks.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello...

I talked with Tom a little while ago about how he was feeling, and how his cancer treatment was going. He really having some difficulty, lots of pain and discomfort, he said it's enough that Kimberly is taking him to the hospital. Not sure what that all means. So it's a wait and see, this is all started after he began trial chemo cancer treatment.

Thought you should know. And thank you for praying for him.

Tom and Violet
The Dr sent Tom late Monday night, they gave him pain meds, and explained they didn't think the cancer was spreading, that he may have one or two stomach/colon ulcers, they further explained it might be side effects that are finally manifesting themselves with this trial chemo drug treatment. The episode he had could be a reoccurring thing while he's on the trail chemo drug program.

bybee

The Dr sent Tom late Monday night, they gave him pain meds, and explained they didn't think the cancer was spreading, that he may have one or two stomach/colon ulcers, they further explained it might be side effects that are finally manifesting themselves with this trial chemo drug treatment. The episode he had could be a reoccurring thing while he's on the trail chemo drug program.

This is so difficult. I continue to pray for your son and your family.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tom was having some severe pain yesterday because of blood clots, so Kimberly took him to the hospital, after a long wait we finally heard from Tom last night, the clots may be caused by his drug port, he said it was in the large neck vein/artery, so that could be the carotid or the jugular. Anyway he was comfortable, he thought they may have to keep him overnight, then he can have his weekly consult and chemo treatment and save having to take an trip.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tom was having some severe pain yesterday because of blood clots, so Kimberly took him to the hospital, after a long wait we finally heard from Tom last night, the clots may be caused by his drug port, he said it was in the large neck vein/artery, so that could be the carotid or the jugular. Anyway he was comfortable, he thought they may have to keep him overnight, then he can have his weekly consult and chemo treatment and save having to take an trip.
This we know as of this evening. The drug port was the culprit for the blood clot increase, the Dr will remove it, Tom will have regular doses of Heparin for the chronic blood clots. The trial drug chemo isn't working, so they try another one in a week or two. As disheartening and discouraging as this is for Tom, he still maintains an attitude that the Lord is in charge and that he'll be taken care of, and it isn't over yet.

We, Mrs Psalmist and me, are thankful for your prayers with ours for Tom, for your kind and gracious words for Tom and us.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Continuing prayers for your Tom, Psalmist.
The path we tread upon we have been before, Tom said he was hoping for a while longer, I think he will.

This TOL link is about the path we have been on before, it had to with "Do All Babies Go To Heaven?" It's explained that it's a re-post, edited and cleaned up ... www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2242597&postcount=340

(And ... www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1865972&postcount=41)

So I posted what we had been through, the post was in 2010 so the number of years ago that are mentioned are now a couple of years later.

It also mentions that their funerals were private, all we had both times were graveside services.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The path we tread upon we have been before, Tom said he was hoping for a while longer, I think he will.

This TOL link is about the path we have been on before, it had to with "Do All Babies Go To Heaven?" It's explained that it's a re-post, edited and cleaned up ... www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2242597&postcount=340

(And ... www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1865972&postcount=41)

So I posted what we had been through, the post was in 2010 so the number of years ago that are mentioned are now a couple of years later.

It also mentions that their funerals were private, all we had both times were graveside services.

My prayers for you and Violet, too. This must be so very hard, and I'm so sorry. :(

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The long and winding road...

The long and winding road...

This we know as of this evening. The drug port was the culprit for the blood clot increase, the Dr will remove it, Tom will have regular doses of Heparin for the chronic blood clots. The trial drug chemo isn't working, so they try another one in a week or two. As disheartening and discouraging as this is for Tom, he still maintains an attitude that the Lord is in charge and that he'll be taken care of, and it isn't over yet.

We, Mrs Psalmist and me, are thankful for your prayers with ours for Tom, for your kind and gracious words for Tom and us.
Update for Saturday August 4th, 2012...

This seems like it has been like a blow by blow account of prize fight or monitoring a cross country road trip.

Tom's recent trial drug didn’t help, the Dr's have stopped it. His consultation revealed nothing has changed with the initial marker numbers, but Dr said that doesn't mean all is better. For the next three weeks he'll detoxify from the this last chemo trial drug so his body is clean and clear of all chemo drugs. Around the last week of August or the first week of September the Dr will start another trial drug, this will be in pill form, that treatment will be for three or four weeks, they stop for a week to do c-scans x-rays to see if it working, if it has the Dr will continue, hopefully it will help. If it hasn’t helped to cause a remission or stop the cancers growth, then apparently that will be the end of all treatment(s) and the cancer will take over the liver, apparently that will give Tom until December or January.

This all began back in October of last year after he had his gall bladder removed, and the cancerous liver and pancreas where discovered, the pancreas cancer remains benign. In October had Tom not decided in favor of treatments he would have two months, with treatments he would have a year and maybe bit longer.

Tom is still hopeful and we are too, there are miracles and turn around each day, maybe Tom will have his, Tom is cautious about what he hears and endeavors to understand his treatment and condition as best he can. He says it's one day at a time and he accepts that as well, he says he’ll do his best with the time he has, regardless. About death he said he’s looking for anytime soon but that he ready when it comes, his big concern is for Kim, that‘s understandable.

Again thank you for prayers.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This we know as of this evening.

I talked with Tom for few minutes, the Dr's were draining excess fluid from his stomach and bowel tract area, it's a cancer causing situation. Then I talked with Kimberly K (daughter-in-law) she said that the Dr said that Tom's liver is now 40% cancerous, he can if he wants do the second trial drug chemo treatment, but chances are that treatment will be to no avail, he'll have maybe until December.

Kimberly K thinks that Tom will stop the treatments since he is suffering numerous blood clots and he has spots on his lungs. He is no mood to go through anymore medical stuff, we'll know more about that Monday-Wednesday.

Now we need make plans for our trip to see Tom in Denver.