Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
But what if 1 Cor 6:9 describes your Christian lifestyle. And I do know "Christians" who live exactly as described in 1 Cor 6:9. Are you saying they are saved too?...And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Jn 2:4

We know them by their fruits.

Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them (Mt 7:16–20).

iouae

So you fast forward to the mark of the beast ? You already have it, it's your smart phone

Let's suppose for the sake of argument that your cellphone is the technology implementing the mark. And let's suppose a situation arises such as that in Dan 3...

14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

Let's suppose the Beast demands that when he calls all cellphones, as in the Muslim call to prayer, all have to fall down and worship an image of the Beast on your cellphone...

.....then you will have a situation like in Dan 3. This is the type of situation the mark of the Beast comprises, not just owning a smartphone. Why would God be so jealous of your smartphone?

No, God would be jealous of you worshipping an image of some other "god" on your smartphone. That would make more sense.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We weren't talking about Israel, but the Body of Christ. Don't confuse the two.

In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. The NT is for all regardless of ethnicity. James' epistle is an integral part of the NT and his instructions apply to all Christians.

SeraphimsCherub

I was saved by Christ to be in Christ before the foundation of the world. As time is, was, and shall be, is only a manifestation of that truth. Christ is eternal,therefore His Salvation is eternal,and everlasting. I am saved both now eternal, and forever more. Only an idiot would believe otherwise ;)

iouae

I was saved by Christ to be in Christ before the foundation of the world. As time is, was, and shall be, is only a manifestation of that truth. Christ is eternal,therefore His Salvation is eternal,and everlasting. I am saved both now eternal, and forever more. Only an idiot would believe otherwise ;)

Sounds like a variation of that old theme "Thou shalt not surely die" :)

Wick Stick

What is the gospel of your salvation?
The good news about my eventual salvation is that "He which hath begun a good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." That is to say, He will see that work completed. It is guaranteed - literally.

There is no need for uncertainty, because He has given an earnest on salvation, as also it says in the verse that follows the one you reference (Ephesians 1:14). Click here for the definition of an earnest. The definition is probably necessary in order to understand the verses.

Now, why would God pledge an earnest on salvation if the full inheritance is already given, and men are already saved (past tense) in this dispensation? Earnests pertain to future transactions; not past ones.

In this case, the transaction is a purchase - God is purchasing me. As the buyer, once God has pledged the earnest, it is His guarantee that He will complete the transaction, and He cannot take it back.

Yet there remains the possibility that the seller (me) can cancel the transaction. The agreement is not so fragile that it might be canceled if I say a few unkind words or fail to do all the "good works" that have been laid out for me. The only singular way that I can cancel the transaction, is if I purposefully cancel the transaction by returning the earnest which God has pledged.

Coming back to Ephesians 1:13 (where you started us), we can see that the earnest God has pledged is His own Holy Spirit. Can such even be returned? Yes it can, and to do so is called Biblically, "the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" or "grieving the Spirit."

Jarrod

heir

TOL Subscriber
In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.
Actually, it says there is neither Jew nor Greek (Galatians 3:28 KJV) and it can be shown that the Jew had the advantage all the way up to Acts 20 (Romans 1:16 KJV, Romans 3:1-3 KJV), but I agree that there is no nationality in the Body of Christ, yet that’s not what we see with Israel!

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

The NT is for all regardless of ethnicity.
All of the Bible is FOR us, but it’s not all written TO us!

James' epistle is an integral part of the NT and his instructions apply to all Christians.
No, we know who James was sent to.

Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
Matthew 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Matthew 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

SeraphimsCherub

Sounds like a variation of that old theme "Thou shalt not surely die" :)

Surely I have already died in Christ.

~Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
~Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
~Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.