Obamacare

WoundedEgo

and if you think government run health care is going to be a better system you're in for a surprise.
What do you think is going to happen when tax revenues decrease, the government will cut back on treating people...the government will prioritize who gets treated based on that persons value to society...and guess what people will die.

No, only the poor would die, like now.

WoundedEgo

what if there were a national sales tax, no income tax, so if you work you keep 100% of your income. Your money is taxed only once, your property is not taxed, your investments, savings are not taxed - would you consider this to be a fair system, or would you be too concerned about the rich getting richer....?

This "sounds" good but from what I've read on it, it really would adversely affect the poor and benefit the rich.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think the person's question was "What happens if the government runs out of money and sets up death panels?"

You said "the poor would die, like now " well now they have medicaid, if they are actually poor and hospitals cannot turn people away because they dont have insurance or ability to pay, so hows that exactly?

WoundedEgo

You said "the poor would die, like now " well now they have medicaid, if they are actually poor and hospitals cannot turn people away because they dont have insurance or ability to pay, so hows that exactly?

In the US, the poor die an average of six years younger than their wealthy counterparts.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In the US, the poor die an average of six years younger than their wealthy counterparts.

That has little to do with being unable to be treated, and most likely due to poor diet and living conditions but at least you admit with that statement that you have no basis in fact for your assumption, since the poor in this country get medicaid now, and cannot be turned away from a hospital.

WoundedEgo

That has little to do with being unable to be treated, and most likely due to poor diet and living conditions but at least you admit with that statement that you have no basis in fact for your assumption, since the poor in this country get medicaid now, and cannot be turned away from a hospital.

It has everything to do with not receiving preventative care and early treatment.

99lamb

No, only the poor would die, like now.

do you not think with the government in control of the purse strings for health care that rationing will not be part of how/when people would be treated?
what type of options do you think you will have, do you think the idea of a second or third opinions will be available?

99lamb

It has everything to do with not receiving preventative care and early treatment.

you know what I like your concern for the poor. Here's how it will work with the government:
if said poor person is on some government assistance like food stamps, and the government has access to their medical records, if that person has a BMI that is considered unhealthy they will be restricted from using their EBT card to buy chips, cookies, soda,and anything that is considered unhealthy. Instead, the government will design a diet that will be more healthy, so as to reduce the cost of treatment, such as Type II Diabetes which is preventable with diet.

Yes I like your idea of government involvment in health care.
You have no idea what you are asking for.

WoundedEgo

medicaid pays for that.

The problem with Medicaid is that it puts the taxpayer on the line for the whole bill. For example, if a person eligible and enrolled in Medicaid has a medical emergency (say cancer) then the taxpayer pays for the treatment. Contrast this to Obamacare where the taxpayer supplements the insurance premiums (based on need) but the *insurance company* pays for the care.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The problem with Medicaid is that it puts the taxpayer on the line for the whole bill. For example, if a person eligible and enrolled in Medicaid has a medical emergency (say cancer) then the taxpayer pays for the treatment. Contrast this to Obamacare where the taxpayer supplements the insurance premiums (based on need) but the *insurance company* pays for the care.

Completely irrelevant to everything you have stated before now about poor people dying for lack of care at all.

Admit what you said is not true.

WoundedEgo

Completely irrelevant to everything you have stated before now about poor people dying for lack of care at all.

Admit what you said is not true.

So if the government runs out of money, the rich can still get care. But the poor? They're screwed.

Is that too complicated for your little brain?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So if the government runs out of money, the rich can still get care. But the poor? They're screwed.

Is that too complicated for your little brain?

Which again has nothing to do with what you said previously (and actually makes your opponents point, since gov healthcare will bankrupt america - see the american indian to know how thats working for them) .

Is dealing with the topic at hand to complicated for your little brain? You keep switching gears when you are proven wrong and shown that you are clueless when it comes to anything you are talking about.

illusionray

Yep, you've got her here.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yep, you've got her here.

Not really, the taxpayer has been footing the bill for Medicaid all along without seeing premiums jump as they have now and they are slated to rise even higher. We have now seen 26 states which premiums have risen 50%-256% almost the entire balance of the states have seen an increase of no less than 10%- 50%, I will admit there are about 5 states which saw less than 1% decrease in premiums but, if you examine which states these are they were already over regulated such as MA, NJ, & NY are the ones I remember from what I read. I will try to find the article, I posted it in another thread. At any rate it was cheaper for all just paying for the poor than mandating this insanity, it can hardly be labeled "affordable".

Edit: I found the article with the numbers...
http://www.heritage.org/research/re...exchanges-how-will-your-health-insurance-fare