ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, but they didn't preach a monarchy good news either. We can gain some insight into human frailty by this line from FOYLE'S WAR: "Thinking about killing someone and actually killing someone are two completely different frames of mind."

Something like this swept the disciples, first expressed by Peter. 'this will never happen to you, Lord.' Hearing about his death, and stepping into the actual occurence of it are two different things.

I'm convinced they might have tried to prevent it; it was hidden until the Spirit could help them assimilate it after the resurrection; the Spirit itself is a gift to help the mission succeed.

More psycho babble, talk show opinions, about opinions, about opinions on opinions, speculations, musings, humanism, until you are a twisted zel, and tangled in a ball of yarn, and strings, and ropes, and neurons...........

Interplanner

Immaterial ! After the resurrection they "ALL" preached the D.B.R. and the Gospel of Grace.

But it is relevant, Dodge. Why was there the outburst of Peter around the time of the Trans. They would not have had that reaction unless they knew--but were in denial.

dodge

But it is relevant, Dodge. Why was there the outburst of Peter around the time of the Trans. They would not have had that reaction unless they knew--but were in denial.

UN-like many I see the message ( the one Gospel ) as a progressive revelation to the Apostles. Yes, they heard , the prophets prophesied the D.B.R. ,but did not understand as no one would until after the resurrection actually happened, and even then Thomas didn't believe until he saw and touched the Lord.

Interplanner

UN-like many I see the message ( the one Gospel ) as a progressive revelation to the Apostles. Yes, they heard , the prophets prophesied the D.B.R. ,but did not understand as no one would until after the resurrection actually happened, and even then Thomas didn't believe until he saw and touched the Lord.

I'm not trying to be 'theological' here because I don't find Peter reacting 'theologically.' He is just trying to stop something he doesn't want to happen. Look how happy he was to build a feast booth for Christ, but tried to shame Christ into silence about his death.

If you didn't know Christ was going to die, you would be saying things like 'I don't get it; I don't understand; what do you mean' etc. Not what Peter said.

dodge

I'm not trying to be 'theological' here because I don't find Peter reacting 'theologically.' He is just trying to stop something he doesn't want to happen. Look how happy he was to build a feast booth for Christ, but tried to shame Christ into silence about his death.

If you didn't know Christ was going to die, you would be saying things like 'I don't get it; I don't understand; what do you mean' etc. Not what Peter said.

I don't disagree ! The message of the Gospel of grace was taught by God through the OT prophets, and several @ Jesus'birth(Luke 3) and eventually by the Apostles. We know God hid the message for a time from even the Apostles, and that is why I believe the Gospel of Grace was for sure taught by ALL the Apostles after the resurrection of Jesus.

dodge

Show where the 12 knew that before the Cross.

The OT prophets taught the D.B.R. and Jesus taught His own D.B.R.. After Jesus resurrected and walked out of the tomb they all ( Apostles ) taught the D.B.R. that they witnessed first hand.

SaulToPaul 2

The OT prophets taught the D.B.R. and Jesus taught His own D.B.R.. After Jesus resurrected and walked out of the tomb they all ( Apostles ) taught the D.B.R. that they witnessed first hand.

You can look back now and see it in the prophets. There's a reason that the LORD spoke it, yet kept it hidden from them. They preached "the gospel" for 3 years and still didn't know.

dodge

You can look back now and see it in the prophets. There's a reason that the LORD spoke it, yet kept it hidden from them. They preached "the gospel" for 3 years and still didn't know.

NO matter how you slice and dice it there is only one Gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.