ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

Musterion rote:
Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
When I said no one was looking forward to the cross, I mean no one knew of all that God was going to accomplish through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. That is what no one was looking forward to because, according to Paul, that aspect of the work of Christ was still an unrevealed secret hid in God.

Right, they (in Judaism) did not know that that is how the promises to Israel were going to be fulfilled.

this keeps the sense of Eph 3:5-6 which is that the mystery was that this would happen THROUGH THE GOSPEL whereas Judaism thought it would be through the Law. By being through the Gospel, the outcomes look entirely different. The incoming Gentiles is now the raised tent of David, etc, Acts 15:15

dodge

Dodge won't touch it.

Not much of a problem for those that read and believe the scriptures !

Judas did not preach the gospel of the risen Lord because he had already killed himself for betraying Jesus before Jesus was resurrected ,as per scripture.

Do you have any integrity at all ? You said you had me on ignore make up your mind.

musterion

Judas did not preach the gospel of the risen Lord because he had already killed himself for betraying Jesus before Jesus was resurrected ,as per scripture.

Do you have any integrity at all ? You said you had me on ignore make up your mind.

Did Peter, James and John preach the DBR as good news before it happened?

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus doesn't tell all to sell all they have.

vs.
All of Jesus's commands are for everyone.

Then you lied, again, or said another irrelevant spam, when you spammed, the above, and this:

Which prove that Jesus' words while he walked the earth is for EVERYONE.

So, you admit that not all of the Lord Jesus Christ's commands, that He gave, while he walked on earth, are for everyone, demon?

Answer. Yes, or no.

You won't, as that would expose you again, for the deceitful fraud that you are-2+ years of silence on your part.

You condemn by saying we do not have to obey anything that Jesus teaches while on earth because Jesus says sell all you have. You do not understand so then you tell us to do nothing he says.

You said that we are "always to obey Jesus."

Fine. Sell all you have.

Con artist.

john w

Hall of Fame

No, you argued "one gospel," deceiver. Thus, per Luke 9:6 KJV, you assert, on record, again, that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

So what is the kingdom of heaven? How did they answer?

Interplanner

If this is where Danoh claimed I 'admitted' I was dishonest, he's at a new low of dishonesty. Wrong on this or that yes, not dishonest.

Interplanner

Did Peter, James and John preach the DBR as good news before it happened?

No, but they didn't preach a monarchy good news either. We can gain some insight into human frailty by this line from FOYLE'S WAR: "Thinking about killing someone and actually killing someone are two completely different frames of mind."

Something like this swept the disciples, first expressed by Peter. 'this will never happen to you, Lord.' Hearing about his death, and stepping into the actual occurence of it are two different things.

I'm convinced they might have tried to prevent it; it was hidden until the Spirit could help them assimilate it after the resurrection; the Spirit itself is a gift to help the mission succeed.

SaulToPaul 2

No, but they didn't preach a monarchy good news either. We can gain some insight into human frailty by this line from FOYLE'S WAR: "Thinking about killing someone and actually killing someone are two completely different frames of mind."

Something like this swept the disciples, first expressed by Peter. 'this will never happen to you, Lord.' Hearing about his death, and stepping into the actual occurence of it are two different things.

I'm convinced they might have tried to prevent it; it was hidden until the Spirit could help them assimilate it after the resurrection; the Spirit itself is a gift to help the mission succeed.

:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.