ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge

No one knew that the Messiah was going to die for their sins. They did not look ahead to it as their salvation. Period.

STP, that is just plain wrong. Some knew as evidenced below.
Luk 2:26
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28
Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29
ord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luk 2:31
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
Luk 2:32
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
Notice in VS. 32 "a" light because there is only one gospel.

Moving right along:

Luk 2:34
And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Luk 2:35
(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

SaulToPaul 2

STP, that is just plain wrong. Some knew as evidenced below.
Luk 2:26
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28
Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29
ord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luk 2:31
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
Luk 2:32
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
Notice in VS. 32 "a" light because there is only one gospel.

Moving right along:

Luk 2:34
And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Luk 2:35
(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Prophets spoke of it all the time, no one understood.

dodge

Prophets spoke of it all the time, no one understood.

Your post:

Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
No one knew that the Messiah was going to die for their sins. They did not look ahead to it as their salvation. Period.

You said NO ONE KNEW and that was wrong because the prophets knew as you said.

God's Truth

No one?

It is impossible for you to know this as fact. There might have been 7000 souls, filled with the Holy Spirit that understood the principle of life required for a life was included in the Covenant promise of a Savior.

Only God knows, and only God reveals spiritual truths to men . . and in His own choice of timing.

Your blanket statements are motivated only to sell your false MADist views.

The Holy Spirit lived among them but was not yet in them until Jesus ascended.

SaulToPaul 2

Your post:

Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post

You said NO ONE KNEW and that was wrong because the prophets knew as you said.

Can God not write things down in the prophets and keep them veiled until he is ready to reveal it?
Obviously the nuts and bolts of the LORD's death, burial, and resurrection are back there. That does not mean that folks understood it and were looking forward to it as their salvation...not at all.

dodge

STP, The whole point you are trying to make is immaterial folks today and since the time Jesus walked out of the tomb do NOT have anything hidden from them.

God's Truth

No one knew the Messiah would die for their sins, until it was revealed to Paul.
The fact that there are types in the prophets does not mean that God was ready for anyone to grasp it.

Your argument is with the scripture (as usual).

Hahahahahahaha No one knew that Jesus would die for sins until Paul?!

What don't you get about the Lamb of God?

The Jews knew exactly what the lamb's blood is for.

God's Truth

Forgiveness of sins, lambs blood, forgiveness by Jesus, Jesus dying for our sins, no forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood...All things for all through Jesus alive, or dead, and ascended.

SaulToPaul 2

STP, The whole point you are trying to make is immaterial folks today and since the time Jesus walked out of the tomb do NOT have anything hidden from them.

John 20
6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Think, dodge. Peter had been preaching the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years up until this point.
It couldn't be 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). Impossible. That's the point.

dodge

John 20
6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Think, dodge. Peter had been preaching the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years up until this point.
It couldn't be 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). Impossible. That's the point.

Of course because they had NOT seen Jesus yet !

It was pretty UN-common for folks that were dead to walk out of the tomb alive. You might want to cut all of the Apostles some slack. Poor old Thomas had to see and then had to touch Jesus to believe because he could not believe what he was seeing.

On this side of the resurrection with eye witnesses we believe. THINK none of the Apostles had that luxury and PROOF as it was UN-folding before them see the difference ?

God's Truth

God has taught you well my spiritual friend.

Titus 2:11
11: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,

I Timothy 4:10
10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

Psalms 22
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.

Acts 17
31: because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead."

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

Genesis 22:
15: And the angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven,
16: and said, "By myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this, and have not withheld your son, your only son,
17: I will indeed bless you, and I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore. And your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies,
18: and by your descendants shall all the nations of the earth bless themselves, because you have obeyed my voice."

Habakkuk 3:
12: Thou didst bestride the earth in fury, thou didst trample the nations in anger.
13: Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, for the salvation of thy anointed. Thou didst crush the head of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck. Selah

The day of the Lord will destroy Satan, the beast and all flesh formed of Satan.

Revelation 19
17: Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly in mid-heaven, "Come, gather for the great supper of God,
18: to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great."
19: And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who sits upon the horse and against his army.
20: And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had worked the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulphur.
21: And the rest were slain by the sword of him who sits upon the horse, the sword that issues from his mouth; and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.

Amen.

So very glad to meet you.

SaulToPaul 2

Of course because they had NOT seen Jesus yet !

It was pretty UN-common for folks that were dead to walk out of the tomb alive. You might want to cut all of the Apostles some slack. Poor old Thomas had to see and then had to touch Jesus to believe because he could not believe what he was seeing.

On this side of the resurrection with eye witnesses we believe. THINK none of the Apostles had that luxury and PROOF as it was UN-folding before them see the difference ?

You're missing the point. They didn't even know the scripture that said he must rise again.
Yet, they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years. How could that gospel be the same as 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)?

It can't.

God's Truth

God's chosen are hard to find in these internet forums but when they're found, it's a joy in my heart. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. It appears God has given you plenty of wisdom to rely on until the end of this generation. I can't wait until after the day of the Lord destroys man's enemies so that we can wake up on a new earth with a new heaven that excludes the Devil and the beast. Never again will we have to live among people who are totally confused by those deceiving powers in their lives.

God bless you brother in the Lord,
jcforever

What a wonderful thing to say to me and may we always be ready to forgive each other and be like minded in the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.