ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope same Gospel:

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Gospel of God- Jesus is the Christ
Gospel of Christ- Christ died for your sins

Different names, different content, different purpose.

Think logically, and examine the facts.

SaulToPaul 2

No, it's the same good news, but addressed to two different groups of people. One part is addressed to the Nation of Israel, teaching them about their Messiah, the second is for the rest of the world, teaching them about their Savior.

Paul preached both to Gentiles, as well. Compare Acts 17 and 1 Thessalonians.

musterion

I have examined the facts and I agree with Paul there is only one Gospel.

No. You are wrong.

They were not even expecting the death burial and resurrection to be good news, so they absolutely were not preaching it as good news before it happened.

That means what they were preaching was a different gospel from what Paul received and preached as good news: the Cross.

Sorry you don't like that but it's a fact.

dodge

Same Gospel.

Same Jesus.

Same message to 2 different people as in Jews and Gentiles.

Things that are the same are the same.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No. You are wrong.

They were not even expecting the death burial and resurrection to be good news, so they absolutely were not preaching it as good news before it happened.

That means what they were preaching was a different gospel from what Paul received and preached. Sorry you don't like that but it's a fact.
Could it be that they were preaching the same Gospel, but they weren't aware of all of it?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, I just think it is God saying, "hey I raised him from the dead, this proves that he is my Son"

Where does Christ being God become flesh fit into these two different gospels, is it part of the gospel of God, or the gospel of Christ? :)

dodge

No. You are wrong.

That means what they were preaching was a different gospel from what Paul received and preached as good news: the Cross.

You folks have divided God's singular message into "messages" ! FYI, God is NOT the author of confusion and pushing your "mystery" into a new Gospel have done exactly that as in creating confusion and "messages" as opposed to what scripture teaches i.e. THE message.

The Gospel i.e. "good news" has been taught by the OT prophets-Ananias-The arch angel-Jesus-the Apostles, and those who are born again taught the same message not messages. The message was, is, and forever will be we sinned against God but through His mercy He forgives those who trust Him and accepts His gift of forgiveness.

musterion

You folks have divided God's singular message into "messages" ! FYI, God is NOT the author of confusion and pushing your "mystery" into a new Gospel have done exactly that as in creating confusion and "messages" as opposed to what scripture teaches i.e. THE message.

The Gospel i.e. "good news" has been taught by the OT prophets-Ananias-The arch angel-Jesus-the Apostles, and those who are born again taught the same message not messages. The message was, is, and forever will be we sinned against God but through His mercy He forgives those who trust Him and accepts His gift of forgiveness.

You are being evasive because facts are against you. Pay attention:

The disciples were not even expecting the death burial and resurrection to be good news, so they absolutely did not preach it as good news before it happened.

That means they HAD TO BE preaching a different gospel from what Paul received and preached as good news: the Cross.

That means there was not just one good news.

Accept it. It's what God tells us.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are being evasive because facts are against you. Pay attention:

The disciples were not even expecting the death burial and resurrection to be good news, so they absolutely did not preach it as good news before it happened.

That means they HAD TO BE preaching a different gospel from what Paul received and preached as good news: the Cross.
The gospel that Paul received and preached, is the Lord Jesus being God become flesh part of that gospel? Was it part of the gospel preached by the disciples before Christ's DBR?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Agreed.

No, it doesn't mean that at all. It just means that they only taught one part of the same message.

musterion

Agreed.

No, it doesn't mean that at all. It just means that they only taught one part of the same message.

Nonsense. They did not even realize that He was going to rise from the dead, much less that it would be, in time, revealed as the best good news the world ever heard. They simply did not know that (yet).

dodge

No. You are wrong.

FACT=1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nonsense. They did not even realize that He was going to rise from the dead, much less that it would be, in time, revealed as the best good news the world ever heard. They simply did not know that (yet).

I think you need to re-read what I said. I said I agree with you on that point.

musterion

:1Way::=one Gospel !

I challenge you right now to show where anyone before the Apostle Paul ever preached the death, burial and resurrection as good news for the entire world of Jews and Gentiles alike, entirely apart from Jews or national Israel having any preeminence before God.

You can't do it.

dodge

You really believe after Jesus resurrected they still did not realize Jesus rose from the dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.