ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge

I challenge you right now to show where anyone before the Apostle Paul ever preached the death, burial and resurrection as good news for the entire world of Jews and Gentiles alike, entirely apart from Jews or national Israel having any preeminence before God.

You can't do it.

Act 1:22
Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

dodge

Are you being stupid on purpose? Is this part of an act? Are you just having fun here?

Stupid is ignoring the obvious and it is obvious that there is only one gospel as Paul said.

There was a whole lot of folks that got saved before Paul even before the truth was accepted by him.

musterion

Act 1:22
Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

No. Even long after that point they still preaching to none but Jews only.

Try again

musterion

Stupid is ignoring the obvious and it is obvious that there is only one gospel as Paul said.

There was a whole lot of folks that got saved before Paul even before the truth was accepted by him.

Show one person being saved by believing that Christ died for their sins and rose for their justification before it happened.

dodge

Show one person being saved by believing that Christ died for their sins and rose for their justification before it happened.

Why you will just ignore it make a case for multiple gospels when there is only one taught in scripture ?

musterion

I am sticking with what Paul taught there is only "one" Gospel !

By the time he wrote to the Ephesians, there was one good news: the gospel of the grace of God.

That gospel was unrevealed before it was given to Paul.

Therefore, the gospel preached by the disciples and during the early Acts had to be something different.

musterion

Why you will just ignore it make a case for multiple gospels when there is only one taught in scripture ?

Because there was more than one taught in Scripture.

If you're going to be consistent with this, then when Paul says he received a gospel of salvation that was not given before he got it, you have no choice but to write Paul off as a liar.

SaulToPaul 2

Dodge is emotional and has great zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

He does not know the difference between the LORD Jesus Christ's sacrifice as the means by which all men are saved (TRUE), and the "good news" that they were required at the time to believe to qualify for it (Which was different for different people at different times). He has a mental disconnect with it. It bounces right off of the frontal lobe.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What part of Paul's "my gospel" did they preach?
Alright, let's see here, are you aware that God was originally going to use Israel to reach the world? But then when Paul (then known as Saul) started persecuting the Jews, leading up to his conversion, God cut off Israel and grafted in the Gentiles?

Are you aware that Jesus fully intended to return quickly after his ascension? but then because of His people rejecting Him, He put His plans for Israel on the backburner, so to speak, and switched to plan B, which was to save the Gentiles first, then eventually return to His people, Israel?

Now, I'm not saying that Peter and the rest of the Apostles preached Christ's DBR. Because they didn't. However, Jesus Himself told them that He would die, be crucified, and then be raised from the dead, and throughout His ministry too, he hinted at it. What I'm saying is that they didn't understand Him, as they thought He was there to establish His Kingdom, not be Crucified.

I think it needs to be said so that everyone is reminded that the Apostles didn't really teach very much at all prior to Christ's DBR, they mostly lived as students under a teacher.

musterion

Alright, let's see here, are you aware that God was originally going to use Israel to reach the world? But then when Paul (then known as Saul) started persecuting the Jews, leading up to his conversion, God cut off Israel and grafted in the Gentiles?

Are you aware that Jesus fully intended to return quickly after his ascension? but then because of His people rejecting Him, He put His plans for Israel on the backburner, so to speak, and switched to plan B, which was to save the Gentiles first, then eventually return to His people, Israel?

Now, I'm not saying that Peter and the rest of the Apostles preached Christ's DBR. Because they didn't. However, Jesus Himself told them that He would die, be crucified, and then be raised from the dead, and throughout His ministry too, he hinted at it. What I'm saying is that they didn't understand Him, as they thought He was there to establish His Kingdom, not be Crucified.

I think it needs to be said so that everyone is reminded that the Apostles didn't really teach very much at all prior to Christ's DBR, they mostly lived as students under a teacher.

No one had any clue of the scope of what God intended to do by the Cross until it was revealed to Paul.

dodge

Dodge is emotional and has great zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

He does not know the difference between the LORD Jesus Christ's sacrifice as the means by which all men are saved (TRUE), and the "good news" that they were required at the time to believe to qualify for it (Which was different for different people at different times). He has a mental disconnect with it. It bounces right off of the frontal lobe.

So what is the difference of "belief" then and now ? LOL, here I have always believed belief is believing.

You just said the same thing twice and in your mind the "belief" is different.
Double talk much ?

The object of belief is "God" and has always been the same as in men sin, God through His mercy forgives them if they trust and follow Him, and now you have "2" beliefs.Is that how you justify "2" gospels in your mind ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No one had any clue of the scope of what God intended to do by the Cross until it was revealed to Paul.
That's true. However, you're somewhat ignoring my point that God originally wanted to use Israel to reach the Gentiles, but that changed after a year of them rejecting Him. (remember the parable of the barren fig tree Jesus told?)

For three years, Christ was on the earth, preaching to Israel. After His DBR, it was about a year before He cut off Israel because of their persecution of the Christians (who were converted Jews). Paul's conversion signified that cutting off of Israel and the grafting in of the Gentiles.

SaulToPaul 2

So what is the difference of "belief" then and now ? LOL, here I have always believed belief is believing.

You just said the same thing twice and in your mind the "belief" is different.
Double talk much ?

The object of belief is "God" and has always been the same as in men sin, God through His mercy forgives them if they trust and follow Him, and now you have "2" beliefs.Is that how you justify "2" gospels in your mind ?

See what I mean, musty?

dodge

Because there was more than one taught in Scripture.

If you're going to be consistent with this, then when Paul says he received a gospel of salvation that was not given before he got it, you have no choice but to write Paul off as a liar.

To PAUL the gospel was a revealed mystery that he had earlier in his life rejected.

How do you suppose the 3000 and then the 5000 got saved before Paul was saved got saved if the Gospel was not preached to them ?

musterion

That's true. However, you're somewhat ignoring my point that God originally wanted to use Israel to reach the Gentiles, but that changed after a year of them rejecting Him. (remember the parable of the barren fig tree Jesus told?)

For three years, Christ was on the earth, preaching to Israel. After His DBR, it was about a year before He cut off Israel because of their persecution of the Christians (who were converted Jews). Paul's conversion signified that cutting off of Israel and the grafting in of the Gentiles.

Where do you see us disagreeing on the one gospel claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.