No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecumenicist

Originally posted by Knight

You are on my prayer list as well.

I pray that you get crushed by a 1000 lb. boulder.

Col 3:

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Dave Miller

Col 3:

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
That verse is directed towards how I should treat "chosen people". Not vile wicked pervert advocating child murderers.

And to which I respond....
Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Of course mocking OEJ wouldn't be tolerated!

OEJ is a stand up guy. Wickwoman is a sick perverted piece of garbage. Mocking wickwomen is the proper thing to due because she is vile.

It's pretty simply when it gets right down to it....

....EVIL is bad.
....Good is good!

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Funny that you posted this in a "No longer a Christian" thread. It was caustic attitudes such as yours that initially prompted the loss of my own faith, spurring me to leave the Church.

Look at the difference between mocking, which is what you are doing, and "rebuke", which is what you will probably argue you are trying to do.

mock Audio pronunciation of "mocking" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mk)
v. mocked, mock·ing, mocks
v. tr.

1. To treat with ridicule or contempt; deride.
1. To mimic, as in sport or derision. See Synonyms at ridicule.
2. To imitate; counterfeit.
3. To frustrate the hopes of; disappoint.

re·buke Audio pronunciation of "rebuke" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-byk)
tr.v. re·buked, re·buk·ing, re·bukes

1. To criticize or reprove sharply; reprimand. See Synonyms at admonish.
2. To check or repress.

Mocking is malicious. Rebuke is not. Whether you will admit it or not, you are acting maliciously, Knight. Would the Christ you claim to follow approve? Was Christ malicious?

How any professing Christian can condone mocking someone as you have done is beyond me.

Ecumenicist

That verse is directed towards how I should treat "chosen people". Not vile wicked pervert advocating child murderers.

And to which I respond....

Matt 5:

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Sozo

"And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked."

Ecumenicist

Matt 7:

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avatar382

Funny that you posted this in a "No longer a Christian" thread. It was caustic attitudes such as yours that initially prompted the loss of my own faith, spurring me to leave the Church.

Look at the difference between mocking, which is what you are doing, and "rebuke", which is what you will probably argue you are trying to do.

mock Audio pronunciation of "mocking" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mk)
v. mocked, mock·ing, mocks
v. tr.

1. To treat with ridicule or contempt; deride.
1. To mimic, as in sport or derision. See Synonyms at ridicule.
2. To imitate; counterfeit.
3. To frustrate the hopes of; disappoint.

re·buke Audio pronunciation of "rebuke" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-byk)
tr.v. re·buked, re·buk·ing, re·bukes

1. To criticize or reprove sharply; reprimand. See Synonyms at admonish.
2. To check or repress.

Mocking is malicious. Rebuke is not. Whether you will admit it or not, you are acting maliciously, Knight. Would the Christ you claim to follow approve? Was Christ malicious?

How any professing Christian can condone mocking someone as you have done is beyond me.

You make it seem as if Knight is hiding the fact that he mocks.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Funny that you posted this in a 'No longer a Christian' thread. It was caustic attitudes such as yours that initially prompted the loss of my own faith, spurring me to leave the Church."

Same here.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

"Funny that you posted this in a 'No longer a Christian' thread. It was caustic attitudes such as yours that initially prompted the loss of my own faith, spurring me to leave the Church."

Same here.

:baby:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Matt 5:

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Dave do you love or hate your enemy?

Leviticus 19:17 ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.

Ecumenicist

Matt 7:

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

And what are the good fruits?

Gal 5:

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Now, how about a reminder of that touching prayer Knight offered
on my behalf?

From Knight:

You are on my prayer list as well.

I pray that you get crushed by a 1000 lb. boulder.

I don't quote these things to score points or prove I'm
any better than anyone else, I'm not, I know this.

Christ's words convict us, because Christ loves us.

djm

Originally posted by Poly

You make it seem as if Knight is hiding the fact that he mocks.

Doesn't that make it worse?

Don't you agree that a professing Christian, or anyone who considers themselves a nice, decent person has no business engaging in such malicious activity in mocking another person, and even less, being proud in doing so?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avatar382

Doesn't that make it worse?

Don't you agree that a professing Christian, or anyone who considers themselves a nice, decent person has no business engaging in such malicious activity in mocking another person, and even less, being proud in doing so?
No

Ecumenicist

Dave do you love or hate your enemy?

Leviticus 19:17 ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.

Christ's words serve as a lense to help us understand the
OT laws.

I hate no one.

If my neighbor is doing harm to another person, especially if
done in the name of God, I shall rebuke him. This is what I'm
doing now. I will not take the sin of hurting others in the name
of God upon myself, it is an abomination.

Sozo

I hate no one.

If my neighbor is doing harm to another person, especially if
done in the name of God, I shall rebuke him. This is what I'm
doing now. I will not take the sin of hurting others in the name
of God upon myself, it is an abomination.
Would an innocent unborn child be "another person"?

Status
Not open for further replies.