NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you want to compare the records of both teams since their inception?

You can't because the Cowboys didn't exist until 1960.

However, if we use All Time stats, the Steelers still dominate the Cowboys. All Time, the Steelers have 625 wins, the Cowboys have 521

All Time, the Steelers are 34-23 in the playoffs, the Cowboys are 34-26. Therefore, the Steelers have a better playoff percentage than the Cowboys.

All Time, the Steelers have 6 championships, the Cowboys have 5

All Time, the Steelers have beaten the Cowboys in 2 of 3 Super Bowls.

Jerry Shugart

You can't because the Cowboys didn't exist until 1960.However, if we use All Time stats, the Steelers still dominate the Cowboys. All Time, the Steelers have 625 wins, the Cowboys have 521

The Cowboys have the second best overall winning percentage of all the teams in the NFL while the Steelers are so far behind that they are practically invisible.

All Time, the Steelers are 34-23 in the playoffs, the Cowboys are 34-26. Therefore, the Steelers have a better playoff percentage than the Cowboys.

You better go back to high school and learn your basic math. Since both teams have played the same number of playoff games and Dallas has won more of them than the Steelers then it is obvious that Dallas has the higher playoff percentage.

All Time, the Steelers have 6 championships, the Cowboys have 5

Yes, but the Cowboys win a championship on the average of once every 11 years. On the other hand, it takes the Steelers an average of once every 13.6 years to win a championship.

As I said before, when comparing the two teams the Cowboys SLAUGHTER your lowly Steelers in every single category!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You better go back to high school and learn your basic math.

I know math is hard for you Cowboy fans to understand, but let me help you.

Since both teams have played the same number of playoff games

Both teams have not played the same number of playoff games.

The Cowboys have played 60, the Steelers have played 57.

and Dallas has won more of them than the Steelers

They both have won 34 playoff games.

then it is obvious that Dallas has the higher playoff percentage.

Dallas is 34-26 in the playoffs, that's a winning percentage of .566%

Pittsburgh is 34-23 in the playoffs, that's a winning percentage of .596%

Here's a little joke for you Jerry:

Question: "What does a Dallas Cowboy's fan do when his team has won the Super Bowl?"

Answer: "He turns off the PlayStation".

Jerry Shugart

The Cowboys have played 60, the Steelers have played 57.

Yes, that is just another category which the Cowboys beat the Steelers.

In fact, the Cowboys are in a playoff game on the average of of once every year, while the Steelers only appear in a playoff game on the average of once every one and a half years.

They both have won 34 playoff games.

That means that the Cowboys win a playoff game on the average of once every 1.6 years while it takes the Steelers on the average of once every 2.5 years.

Thanks for reminding me of those facts and once again the Boys SLAUGHTER the lowly Steelers in two more categories!

Jerry Shugart

What if the Cowboys have to play the Giants, Seahawks, or Packers in the first round?

I know that the poor Steelers will have to win three games in the playoffs in order to qualify for the Super Bowl.

However, due to their excellent regular season record, the Cowboys will only have to win two.

And since the Cowboys win a playoff game on the average of once every 1.6 years I believe that there is a good chance that they will win at least one playoff game and probably both of them.

On the other hand, it takes the Steelers on the average of once every 2.5 years to win a playoff game so their chances of winning one playoff game is less than the Boys' chances, and it will be a longshot for them to win all three.

However, I would love to see a rematch of a Boys/Steelers Super Bowl.

You do remember what happened the last time those teams played in the Super Bowl, don't you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Boys will only have to win two games to get into the Super Bowl. However, other than that you are very wise!
What?

Oh, I was responding to the three scenarios/teams he'd put into play, not suggesting they'd have to play them all. :eek:

Or, no matter which team they face I believe the outcome is favorable for Dallas, on average. I have them an 8 pt favorite if they have to play the Giants, a 5 pt favorite against Green Bay, and a 4 pt favorite over Seattle.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, using CBS' if the playoffs were held today, understanding the ramifications of next week's spate and just for kicks:

WC:

Mia 22
Pit 24

Det 17
Sea 26

KC 21
Hou 14

Gia 21
GB 27

2nd Rnd:

Pit 24
Oak 17

Sea 21
Atl 29

KC 20
NE 31

GB 24
Dal 29

Championships

Pit 21
NE 30

Atl 27
Dal 26

SB:

NE 27
Atl 25

Jerry Shugart

Consider my savvy, expert, brilliant advice, thus far, a Christmas gift. But, going forward, I charge $200 a day, plus expenses.

The great, humble, awe inspiring, saint John "Rockford" W...

There are a lot of people looking for you, john w, AKA john weasel, because they want their money back because your guarantee of the "Lions plus seven points" bet fell flat on its face!

So quit hiding away and face the music!

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That will never happen because "Matty Ice" always folds under pressure!
There's still time for movement on the pts, but statistically speaking, much more often than not my math is right. Inside of 3 pts though anything is possible and the breakdown tends to be less than a 70/30 split. What my model tells me is that more often than not the Falcons would edge you at this literal point, with a regular season game to play and at least one playoff game that could move that slight a margin in their favor.

Jerry Shugart

There's still time for movement on the pts, but statistically speaking, much more often than not my math is right. Inside of 3 pts though anything is possible and the breakdown tends to be less than a 70/30 split. What my model tells me is that more often than not the Falcons would edge you at this literal point, with a regular season game to play and at least one playoff game that could move that slight a margin in their favor.

Did you factor into your model that "Matty Ice" always folds in big games?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you factor into your model that "Matty Ice" always folds in big games?
I eschew perceptions that don't establish themselves in the numbers...or, the numbers will tell you what you need to know, if the variables are right. The popular opinion by many was that Peyton choked in big games and the insult went, "Greatest regular season quarterback". But the reality was far different, as I went to some pains to point out. So popular perception has a way of being unreliable. You're in a horse race. Let's see how Dak handles that next level of competition. Some rise and some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.