NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Excellent pick up by my Colts with Kelly. There's your center for the next decade. Smart, good feet, a great fit in Indy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paxton Lynch needs to find his razor. Good player, he is the quintessential college QB who has never taken a snap under center. He has all the physical tools.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Paxton Lynch needs to find his razor. Good player, he is the quintessential college QB who has never taken a snap under center. He has all the physical tools.
Don't see him as the answer. Should have drafted a project qb later and gone with Henry. A great defense and that running game could even make Captain Butt Fumble look good.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think they view him as a small project. Not a huge fixer-upper. Good coaching goes a long way. Elway can testify to that fact.

I need to go against the grain, just a little bit. Some are saying this isn't a deep draft. I think it is. There are QBs, wide receivers, OTs and DTs in abundance. That is what you need in the NFL to win. There isn't a Calvin Johnson at wide receiver. And there isn't a Champ Bailey lock down corner. So to them, it is weak. Does an edge rusher work? Of course. But he is just exposing weakness on the line.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think they view him as a small project. Not a huge fixer-upper. Good coaching goes a long way. Elway can testify to that fact.
I suppose. I think there are too many important unknowns with him for this round and that same coaching could make Sanchez as good or better than Dilfer was when the Ravens won on defense and balanced offense. Take Henry, improve the line a bit and there's not nearly as much pressure on the QB. And jokes aside, Sanchez can produce when he isn't the focus. I think Denver made a tactical mistake, but time will tell. I think Henry is paying for Richardson's sins. Too bad.

I need to go against the grain, just a little bit. Some are saying this isn't a deep draft. I think it is. There are QBs, wide receivers, OTs and DTs in abundance. That is what you need in the NFL to win. There isn't a Calvin Johnson at wide receiver. And there isn't a Champ Bailey lock down corner. So to them, it is weak. Does an edge rusher work? Of course. But he is just exposing weakness on the line.
I mostly agree with you on this. The bobble heads seem to grade a draft by obvious greatness at a few skill positions. This is a solid, if unspectacular draft crop as it sits. And a few players with potential to surprise.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting night with Ole Miss, bongs, and gas masks. That cost him a few million in signing money. And Hugh is in serious trouble. But I will save the rest of that for our 2016 NCAA thread. Maybe late July.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reading the peanut gallery of "experts" and one has the top 2 running back picks graded a "D". Pete Prisco says "Why why why? to Derrick Henry in Tennessee when they have Murray. Easy call, he is better and they had 3 picks in the second round. When drafting high you take the best available talent.

How do they get jobs as analysts? Because they went to Syracuse?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In case TH wants to rub it in.

These schools all had more players drafted than Tennessee:

•Montana State

•Maine

•William and Mary

•University of Manitoba

•Midwestern State

•Princeton

•Harvard

•West Alabama (granted, the guy transferred here)

•Grand Valley State

•Sam Houston State

•Southeastern Louisiana

•Central Arkansas

•Samford

•Eastern Illinois

•Eastern Kentucky (granted, an Ohio State transfer)

•Navy

•The country of Germany

•Baylor's basketball team

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Arizona Cardinals might have made the biggest change knowing how close they were. Robert Nkemdiche is high talent, without question. The doubt is he smokes marijuana. Bad decisions have stunted careers. His high side is as good as Bosa, Lawson and Nassib.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Arizona Cardinals might have made the biggest change knowing how close they were. Robert Nkemdiche is high talent, without question. The doubt is he smokes marijuana. Bad decisions have stunted careers. His high side is as good as Bosa, Lawson and Nassib.

His high side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.