NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The most important thing for the NFL, and that is the owners, is to not piss off their fan base any more than they already do. The NFL will fold easier than people think.
I don't think it's possible to overestimate the arrogance of the NFL. Look at their approach to host cities for their teams. It's ludicrous.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think it's possible to overestimate the arrogance of the NFL. Look at their approach to host cities for their teams. It's ludicrous.

In some places they don't think that college football is nearly as important as the NFL. I watch both excessively. I think the college fans are far more rabid. Outside of criminal activity of Raiders/Chargers or Steelers/Browns, it is just not that dramatic. Tuscaloosa, College Station, Happy Valley (they will go to their grave excusing Paterno), Ann Arbor, Austin, Columbus, Eugen, Norman....there is a reason the show Game Day exists, and one does not exist for the NFL. Seriously. Bronco fans are far more loyal than are Rams fans (in StL). The Rams were like step children to the Cardinals.

I love the NFL, but they better pay attention to American consumers.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I hate the NFL and ESPN sometimes. They had a mock draft, where teams were actually 'on the clock' and they made picks. :doh: :rolleyes:

I'm also getting really sick and tired of this Brady story. I hope Brady has to sit all 4 games and I hope the Patriots lose every one of them.
:mock: Stupid NE fans that want to sue Goodell for emotional damages

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In some places they don't think that college football is nearly as important as the NFL. I watch both excessively.
My interest in college ball is much narrower. I have a broader interest in the NFL, though no team in the NFL is as compelling as my favorite college team...it's odd.

I think the college fans are far more rabid. Outside of criminal activity of Raiders/Chargers or Steelers/Browns, it is just not that dramatic. Tuscaloosa, College Station, Happy Valley (they will go to their grave excusing Paterno), Ann Arbor, Austin, Columbus, Eugen, Norman....there is a reason the show Game Day exists, and one does not exist for the NFL. Seriously. Bronco fans are far more loyal than are Rams fans (in StL). The Rams were like step children to the Cardinals.

I love the NFL, but they better pay attention to American consumers.
They better worry about mothers who won't be letting their kids play a sport that looks like the express lane to mental incompetence or suicide by middle-age.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is off topic to the NFL, but I think you are willing to look at the other side of the coin before jumping to conclusions. Baylor timeline regarding cover up of rapes by football players. It's not looking good for Briles. I see no difference between this and Paterno letting a pedophile continue to coach.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ESPN is going to lose out on a whole bunch of bad NFL takes, as well as general sports takes as Skip Bayless is leaving in August.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am ready for the draft. Does it seem weird the Browns might have made the best pre-draft moves? I read they have 6 of the first 100 picks, and 12 over all. Of course, they stink and they need them. Or does this mean they will make 6 really bad picks. :chuckle:

The rumors/reports are that Goff and the Rams have reached an agreement. This is common if true. I would not have guessed it. I figured Fisher to take Wentz.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
skipidiot11.jpg

screen-shot-2015-09-02-at-1-53-54-pm.jpg

screen-shot-2015-09-02-at-1-44-08-pm.jpg

Google is full of these.

Skip-Bayless.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not Tebow over Cutler late in games. Over Aaron Rodgers. Is he just trying to make headlines by saying stupid stuff?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think Connor Cook of Michigan State and Christain Hackenberg of Penn State are more NFL ready than Wentz or Lynch. But I have been wrong before. I thought RG3 had more than enough in the tank.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not Tebow over Cutler late in games. Over Aaron Rodgers. Is he just trying to make headlines by saying stupid stuff?
A few more Bayless gems:

"I KNOW what Tebow can do in the NFL. I've seen it over/over/over. I'm not sure what Andrew Luck can do or if he has Tebow's It Factor."

"Derek Fisher will prove to be a much better NBA head coach than Steve Kerr."

"Tim Tebow is the next Brett Favre!"

"I'll say it again, give me RGIII over Luck any day, any night, any year, any career!"

"Peyton's mind-blowing mistake, choosing the Broncos over the 49ers, Titans..."

:plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Boys make a solid choice with Elliot. He's probably the best fit at the position for them.

Let Mr 5020 know he can write in the Boys for the playoffs right now. Assuming Romo doesn't spend most of the season on the DL again. "Zeke" is awesome, and not just because he is from the loop.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Browns made a good draft pick. I told the Buckeyes today they would do whatever makes no sense. Huh. Good for them. There is a large gap between the Steelers/Bengals/Ravens and the Browns.

Defense is heavy in the draft this year. I think the defense gets heavy going into the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.