NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yesterday was the first time I have watched Houston play all year. My question.... how on God's green earth did they make it into the playoffs? I can't even envision how they won a single game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just occurred to me: Setting aside the total lack of discipline it demonstrated (as if more proof was needed), shouldn't running down the tunnel after getting a pick have drawn a flag for excessive celebration, or something?

There were a lot of things that could have drawn flags in that game that didn't.

Don't be surprised if Joey Porter gets fined for being out on the field. There was absolutely no reason for him to be on the field, other than to talk smack at the Bengals.

Speaking of excessive celebration, the Steeler's William Gay got a flag for excessive celebration after a touchdown. The only problem, it wasn't a touchdown.

It was one of the weirdest games I ever watched.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
today
the east and the west
must go through the frigid north to move on
sorry about that
I just assumed it was a home game for the packers
easy mistake

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On average, Washington gives up four more points on defense and scores one more on offense, making it a wash if you factor the traditional three point edge for home teams. But Washington is mostly a passing team and GB is 7th against the pass. GB wants to pass the ball and Washington is 25th against the pass. That should make for a "surprise" upset for GB.

Minnesota scores three fewer on average and gives up two more. That's a two-point deficit on averages with the three point factored. But the real reason the Vikings should be in trouble is that Seattle is best against the run. Seattle loves to run as well and the Vikes are a little below average in stopping it.

I think that makes a recipe for a relatively low scoring, but one-sided affair in cold weather.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Seahawks didn't win that game so much as managed not to lose it.

Heartbreaker for the Vikes. Wow.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Seahawks didn't win that game so much as managed not to lose it.

Heartbreaker for the Vikes. Wow.

Sort of the theme for a fairly evenly matched WC round. Or, where the teams weren't evenly matched the weather stepped in to negate the edge. I think the Steelers and Vikings benefitted from the inclement weather, but in the latter's case, as with the Bengals, they couldn't maintain their composure and costly mental errors are the difference.

Looks like GB is figuring it out, but a nice start for Washington, up at present by 4.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sort of the theme for a fairly evenly matched WC round. Or, where the teams weren't evenly matched the weather stepped in to negate the edge. I think the Steelers and Vikings benefitted from the inclement weather, but in the latter's case, as with the Bengals, they couldn't maintain their composure and costly mental errors are the difference.

Looks like GB is figuring it out, but a nice start for Washington, up at present by 4.

Discount Double - 17 unanswered by the Pack

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bengals play at Paul Brown Stadium.

Paul Brown Stadium opened in August of 2000

The Steelers are now 15-3 all-time (regular and post-season) in games played at Paul Brown Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.