NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Despite all the ugliness of the game, and before the back-to-back personal fouls by the Bengals, Roethlisberger came off the bench with a shoulder injury, with a little over a minute left, and drove the team from his own 9 yard line into Bengal's territory, including a completion on 4th and 3.

That was pretty amazing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granted the Bengals had their second string QB the entire game.

However, the Steelers played with their 3rd and 4th string running backs the entire game, and their 3rd string QB for most of the fourth quarter.

And, they may have lost their #1 receiver.

This is all good news for Denver.

For next weeks game, the Steelers may be without their #1 receiver (Antonio Brown), their #1 QB (Roethlisberger), and their #2 running back DeAngelo Williams (their #1 running back is already out for the rest of the season)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We took Brady out once, maybe it'll happen again. I hope not though. I'll be rooting for NE if they beat us and Denver beats Pittsburgh.
Makes sense. Denver is a conference rival.

Part of me wants Denver to annihilate them on general principle, the other half hopes we can host Pittsburgh and punch them right in the mouth.
Either way suits me after tonight.

I liked the way AJ handled the press conference. They tried to get him to comment on the lack of composure and if you know AJ you know that had him steaming. He said, "We win as a team and we lose as a team" followed by a friendly warning to those following on his team that the worst possible thing they can do publicly is go after one another.

brewmama

Makes sense. Denver is a conference rival.

Either way suits me after tonight.

I liked the way AJ handled the press conference after. They tried to get him to comment on the lack of composure and if you know AJ you know that had him steaming. He said, "We win as a team and we lose as a team" followed by a friendly warning to those following on his team that the worst possible thing they can do publicly is go after one another.

Which AJ?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Which AJ?
McCarron, late of Alabama fame. He did pretty well for the Bengals considering the nature of his step-in and the weather. If the team had kept its composure he'd have done enough to move them to the next round, but that's the NFL for you...especially the Bengals.

brewmama

McCarron, late of Alabama fame. He did pretty well for the Bengals considering the nature of his step-in and the weather. If the team had kept its composure he'd have done enough to move them to the next round, but that's the NFL for you...especially the Bengals.

True, they totally gave that game away.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Just occurred to me: Setting aside the total lack of discipline it demonstrated (as if more proof was needed), shouldn't running down the tunnel after getting a pick have drawn a flag for excessive celebration, or something? I wonder if the officials were gun shy about throwing another flag in that environment and completely losing one team and the crowd.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Just occurred to me: Setting aside the total lack of discipline it demonstrated (as if more proof was needed), shouldn't running down the tunnel after getting a pick have drawn a flag for excessive celebration, or something? I wonder if the officials were gun shy about throwing another flag in that environment and completely losing one team and the crowd.

I had the same thought. Or maybe even delay of game.

It would have been hilarious if he hadn't been down and then wouldn't it have been some kind of safety or something for running out of the opposing team's endzone? :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
ESPN just showed a dirty hit Burfict had in Week 17 against the Ravens. Someone needs to come down hard on that guy.

Tom Jackson also said that when Antonio Brown went down someone in the stands yelled, 'I hope he's dead'. Cincy's fans showed zero class last night. :nono:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Predictions for today ?

People will call the Redskins beating Green Bay an upset, but I don't think so: At the moment, pound for pound, Washington is the better team.

The Vikes-'Hawks match is...very, very difficult to predict. Both teams are on a bit of a roll right now. The Seahawks don't have Lynch today but probably won't need him. This'll come down to Seattle doing enough on defense to force Bridgewater to try to win the game with his arm. Overall, I'm thinking Seattle takes this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.