NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmiley

Does Brady scream at the refs after every play in every game, or just Sunday night? If the Patriots want some calls to go their way, Brady ought to pick and choose his time to whine.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does Brady scream at the refs after every play in every game, or just Sunday night? If the Patriots want some calls to go their way, Brady ought to pick and choose his time to whine.
That was embarrassing for Patriots fans. He is such a baby.

Calls go both ways. The Patriots have had their fair share of favorable calls. That dude needs to "man up".

Quetzal

Calls go both ways. The Patriots have had their fair share of favorable calls. That dude needs to "man up".
I do find it ironic that he is claiming injustice given last years shenanigans...

GuySmiley

Every hit he took, he looks at the ref before he even stands up hoping for a flag. He really is a bigger baby than I thought before. And yeah, calls to both ways. And Denver has 4 pro-bowl players out of the game too, I'm sick of hearing about the pats injuries.

brewmama

OK, the Packers have now officially used up their ref karma they gained in Seattle games...that was no facemask!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Confession time. I missed it. The Lions had it with less than a minute and knew they would not go out like the Wolverines so I turned it.

:mock: Nick M

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, the Packers have now officially used up their ref karma they gained in Seattle games...that was no facemask!

Come again?

635847940127561276-Packers-Lions-Football.jpg

Even if you can't tell during the super slow motion for some reason, the crooked helmet, the chip strap across the face and the head snap motion are your clues.

brewmama

I saw it in slow motion during the game, and he only slid his hand over it.

"Facemask rule, as written, wasn’t violated by Lions.
The video evidence makes it clear that there was no violation.
No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction,” Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 states.

The rule comes with an important caveat: “If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.”

Lions defender Devin Taylor grazed the facemask of Aaron Rodgers, at best. If there was any grasping (and there wasn’t), Taylor immediately released the facemask."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/04/facemask-rule-as-written-wasnt-violated-by-lions/

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like I said.... bad calls go both ways.

Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes in doesn't.

Great finish to a game. I still don't know why the Lions didn't have a guy playing in front of the pack during the Hail Mary.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I saw it in slow motion during the game, and he only slid his hand over it.

Clearly not. You don't think Rodgers is scanning the field behind the line of scrimmage do you?

If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it.

And he didn't, pulling Rodgers' head. Understand, I have no vested interest in this game. That is just what happened.

brewmama

Clearly not. You don't think Rodgers is scanning the field behind the line of scrimmage do you?

And he didn't, pulling Rodgers' head. Understand, I have no vested interest in this game. That is just what happened.

So you disagree with the opinions of so many sport writers that are picking this apart and reviewing the video and saying "no foul"?
Whatever. I don't have a dog in this hunt either, but it looks to me like Detroit was robbed. And for sure I'm not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.