NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Geno Smith gets cold-cocked by his own teammate, and suffers a broken jaw.

Gotta love the NFL these days.

With this news, as of today, the starting QB's for the AFC East for week 1 are:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Cassel/Tyrod Taylor/EJ Manuel (apparently the Bills have 3 starting QB's)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Peterson thinks he's a lock for enshrinement whether or not he continues to play. :think: I think he's right and that he's playing now for first ballot, which I think he would have gotten if the previous injury took him out and before the publicity over his abusive discipline.

Now, I don't think he goes in without a wait absent a couple of years that are astounding, or an even longer career with the back end resembling Marcus Allen. Because he has to have some time and better impression between the incident and his eligibility. At least that's my thinking on it.

Wonderings...

I wonder if AP will look like AP or like AP winding down this year.

If Peyton will have a better year integrating into a system instead of having a system that revolves around him as the first option.

If Tebow will play and play well enough to revive his career.

If Cutler will underscore the knocks against him or rise to...well, no. I'm not really that curious.

I do wonder how good the Fins will be with an upgraded defense and a qb who appears to be going from better than decent to...

If Rex Ryan will ever coach a team with a quarterback.

I wonder how bad the 49ers will be.

I wonder how good the Rams and Eagles might be.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Without a doubt, I’m the fastest player in the NFL" - Mike Wallace, Minnesota Vikings.

Wallace was very fast, but is now in his seventh year.

Chris Johnson is not on a team.

Dri Archer (Steelers 3rd string rb), has the second best 40 time ever recorded at the combines using electronic timing at 4.26

Chris Johnson was 4.24

Mike Wallace claims he once ran a 4.21, and claims he can still run a 4.25

Bo Jackson has the fastest time ever at the combine (4.12), but that was with a handheld stopwatch.

Is Mike Wallace the fastest player in the NFL?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I love James Harrison.

Harrison came home and found out his two boys were given participation trophies.

Harrison sent the trophies back.

"I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies! While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy......."

James Harrison had the greatest defensive play in Super Bowl history (except maybe last year's interception by Butler)

James Harrison 100 yard interception

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mike Wallace claims he once ran a 4.21, and claims he can still run a 4.25

Bo Jackson has the fastest time ever at the combine (4.12), but that was with a handheld stopwatch.

According to SI, Raghib Ismail was clocked by his brother at 4.19. Yet the electronic time clock had him at 4.4. Not that he is slow or overstated. Wiki has him running a 10.20 in 100m in one event. And that is flying. Other sites with non electronic timers have him at 4.28.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jordy Nelson might have a torn ACL. Results pending. ESPN says AR threw 149 times to him last season.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have to admit that when it comes to preseason games I'll nearly echo the sentiment I heard once about a World Cup from a non-enthusiast, "I wouldn't watch it if it was being played in my back yard."

:eek:

SaulToPaul 2

I enjoy watching football more when the players are freezing, and miserable.
When the weather is nice, I don't enjoy it as much.

:noid:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have to admit that when it comes to preseason games I'll nearly echo the sentiment I heard once about a World Cup from a non-enthusiast, "I wouldn't watch it if it was being played in my back yard."

yep, just another opportunity to lose your best player for the season, lol. i know they have to get game ready, but we all cringe when pre-season ailments happen -

The Berean

I enjoy watching football more when the players are freezing, and miserable.
When the weather is nice, I don't enjoy it as much.

:noid:

This is why I hate the Super Bowl since it's always played in sunny nice weather. Nice weather is for pansies. I want to see the Super Bowl played in snow! Many of the NFL's greatest postseason games were played in the snow.

The Sneakers' Game (1934 NFL title game)
The Greatest Game Ever Played (1958 NFL title game)
The Ice Bowl (1967 NFL title game)
The Freezer Bowl (1981 AFC title game)

When the NFL awarded Super Bowl XLVIII to the Meadowlands, NJ I was shocked. The NFL honchos were really go to stage Super Bowl in a cold weather city? I was hoping for a huge snow storm but the temperature at kickoff was 49 degrees (and no snow), only the third coldest temperature at kickoff. Ironically, the two coldest Super Bowls at kickoff were at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Tickets are still expensive....but often available unlike many regular season games. Pony up big bucks, or watch on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.