NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The regular season starts September 10th (just 43 days away)

On that date, Peyton Manning will be 39, and Tom Brady will be 38.

As a Steeler's fan, I can't wait till they're both retired.

Not too many QB's have played past 40 years old.

Favre retired at 41 years old. However, there have been seven QB's who retired older than Favre:

1) George Blanda 48
2) Steve DeBerg 44
3) Warren Moon 44
4) Vinny Testaverde 44
5) Doug Flutie 43
6) Earl Morrall 42
7) Mark Brunell 41

Will Peyton Manning and/or Tom Brady join the list?

I don't think Peyton has a chance to make the list because of his health. Brady's a lot healthier than Manning, he might make the list.
The only way I see Peyton returning would be if he won the SB and considered coming back for an Elway stab at two...or if they got there and lost close.

Brady? He looks like a fairly young 38. Wouldn't be surprised to see him for a couple of three, maybe a year or two beyond that on another team.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So the four-game ban is upheld...:nono:

I think this about to get worse. See ya in court, Rog.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

If he destroyed his cell phone he won't be going to court. Unless he's crazy enough to think that won't look incriminating and he doesn't mind opening up all sorts of employees to examinations during the season.

I'm guessing it doesn't pan out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Why do you think he destroyed his cell phone?

Brady-Hillary-640x480.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
If he destroyed his cell phone he won't be going to court. Unless he's crazy enough to think that won't look incriminating and he doesn't mind opening up all sorts of employees to examinations during the season.

I'm guessing it doesn't pan out.

#12's take: ""I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances."

Again, optics. Looks ghastly but let's step back and just assume a fellow can't replace a phone anymore. Besides, destroying the phone itself doesn't do a thing. The records are still accessible to anyone who wants them, yes?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

This is probably easy for me to say because I'm not a (first and foremost) NE fan but I think if the Pats are smart they will just take the 4-game suspension to start the season.

If he/they continue to fight and it just ends up delaying the suspension then missing games later in the season would be worse than the first 4. I think NE is good enough, and the division weak enough, that missing the first 4 games won't kill them. If I recall, their first 4 games aren't against very tough opponents. Pittsburgh being the toughest.

On top of that, this could be a good opportunity to give Garopps some playing time. A long view would want to see how he'll be for when Brady is gone.

I think Kraft made himself look pretty bad today too.

Daniel1611

They should've suspended Bill and Brady for the season. And took their Superbowl. But at least Brady has the asterisk next to his career. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is probably easy for me to say because I'm not a (first and foremost) NE fan but I think if the Pats are smart they will just take the 4-game suspension to start the season.

If he/they continue to fight and it just ends up delaying the suspension then missing games later in the season would be worse than the first 4. I think NE is good enough, and the division weak enough, that missing the first 4 games won't kill them. If I recall, their first 4 games aren't against very tough opponents. Pittsburgh being the toughest.

On top of that, this could be a good opportunity to give Garopps some playing time. A long view would want to see how he'll be for when Brady is gone.

I think Kraft made himself look pretty bad today too.

My understanding is that if they take this to court it may be decided after the season, so, Brady may play every single game this year. The Steelers visit Gillette for opening night and the 'Boys are in there too--not exactly pushovers. When seeding is on the line, even one loss can change everything.

Jimmy G will definitely get a lot of looks during preseason. But I'd be honestly surprised if he starts any games this season. As for Kraft, my feeling's that he thought paying a mil and losing draft picks would satisfy the league. Major miscalculation on the part of a man who's rarely made any mistakes since buying the franchise.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
My understanding is that if they take this to court it may be decided after the season, so, Brady may play every single game this year. The Steelers visit Gillette for opening night and the 'Boys are in there too--not exactly pushovers. When seeding is on the line, even one loss can change everything.
So maybe he misses games next year? Why delay it? If they take it to court they better be VERY confident in their chances of victory.

Jimmy G will definitely get a lot of looks during preseason. But I'd be honestly surprised if he starts any games this season.
Preseason doesn't help much. If I was a Pats fan I'd want to see him get real experience.

As for Kraft, my feeling's that he thought paying a mil and losing draft picks would satisfy the league. Major miscalculation on the part of a man who's rarely made any mistakes since buying the franchise.
I think what makes him look bad is that he basically said that his prior acceptance was completely disingenuous. He was just trying to manipulate Goodell. Even if you think that's what it was, you don't SAY it or imply it.

Daniel1611

NFL 2015

I could find an NFL thread for 2015 on on the TOL app. If there is one I can't see, bump it and I'll post there. If there isn't one, here it is. The hall of fame game was last night. My home team, the Pittsburgh Steelers (or the Pixburgh Stillers as we call them) played the Vikings. The Bus Jerome Bettis was inducted into the hall of fame. Let's talk NFL.

Mocking You

After being a fan for over 50 years I am no longer following my hometown team, the Minnesota Vikings, and I will likely not watch many NFL games. There are many reasons for this but primarily it is because the Vikings stood by Adrian Peterson, the face of the franchise despite:

1. Whipping/beating his four year old son bloody.

2. Having fathered an estimated seven children by five different women. He only learned about one of his sons after he was murdered by the mother's ex-boyfriend. And yes, DNA tests were performed.

3. Being involved in a sex orgy while engaged to be married, with women that were not his fiancee.

4. Getting into bar fights.

5. Getting numerous speeding tickets.

In case you are slow on the uptake Adrian Peterson is a violent, degenerate outlaw. His reward is a $12.75 million dollar contract since, after all, he can carry a football.

The Vikings owner, Zigi Wilf, has been convicted of cheating his real estate business partners out of $85 million dollars by withholding revenues from them from a joint ownership of an apartment building in New Jersey over a 21 year span. Wilf has also bamboozled the citizens of Minnesota into building a new stadium for the Vikings in which he has pledged to pay $478M of the $975M project. An analysis of the $478M reveals that with personal seat licenses, luxury booth ticketing, naming rights, NFL revenue sharing, and "loans" from the NFL (that are paid back by through the team's share of licensed product revenue) shows the Wilf's will pay less than $70M or perhaps pay nothing at all. With the new stadium secured his reward will be a near doubling of the value of the NFL franchise, currently estimated to be worth $1.15 billion. Wilf paid $600 million for the team in 2005.

The Vikings coach is Mike Zimmer, a foul mouthed obnoxious person whose speeches and tirades are routinely censored for public consumption.

So basically, I cannot in good conscience cheer for this team.

Take a look around the NFL and meet the fine, upstanding citizen millionaires that play the game. Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, Greg Hardy, Tony McDaniel, Dez Bryant, Ray McDonald, etc. etc.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

So basically, I cannot in good conscience follow the NFL.

The Berean

Petersen is a pitiful excuse for a human being. :nono:

Not to sound "racist" but why are almost all the criminal activity by NFL players committed by the black players? Thoughts anyone? :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.