NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The following 13 teams have never won a Super Bowl, and the N.Y. Jets won their Super Bowl before the Chiefs won theirs in 1970.

1) Houston Texans
2) Jacksonville Jaguars
3) Detroit Lions
4) Cleveland Browns
5) Minnesota Vikings
6) Buffalo Bills
7) Cincinnati Bengals
8) Philadelphia Eagles
9) San Diego Chargers
10) Atlanta Falcons
11) Tennessee Titans
12) Carolina Panthers
13) Arizona Cardinals

IOW, the Chiefs have a more recent Super Bowl victory, or Super Bowl victory period, than almost half the teams in the NFL (44% of them)
Well, it's all in how you want to look at it. Two of those teams have only been around since the mid 90s and two others came into being after KC won their first and only...and the Jests had theirs only a year before the Chiefs managed it, so it's not that great a distinction.

So KC can crow over about 9 of those teams with some legitimacy. And two of those went to four SBs apiece, which isn't hay, potentially shrinking that distinction to 7 teams who didn't fare as well. A couple more of those are old teams in name only.

Essentially, to boil it down into laymen's terms, the Chiefs stink on ice...or they have, but I hope those days are behind them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More fun facts about Cleveland:

There are 4 current teams that have never played in a Super Bowl.

1) Detroit Lions
2) Cleveland Browns
3) Jacksonville Jaguars
4) Houston Texans

However, Detroit, Jacksonville, and Houston have hosted Super Bowls.

That means Cleveland is the only NFL city to neither host, nor have their team play in a Super Bowl.

:mock: Cleveland

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've never claimed to be a fan of the AFC, never understood a reason to be.

I'm a Chiefs fan. Beyond that, who cares which side the team comes from. :D
Ah, well there you go then. I suppose it's an extension of the old, my team, my state, my conference approach that tends to begin with pee-wee or little league teams rooting on their region, etc.

What I mean is, it helps if you were once picked for and actually played sports. :eek:

I'm an AFC guy, but was the biggest NY Giants fan there was each time the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
We'll expect your card in the mail. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We'll expect your card in the mail. :plain:

If I have to give up my "AFC Card" in order to root against Bill Belichick, then so be it.

Under no circumstances could I ever root for a team coached by Bill Belichick.

Other than Belichick's Patriots, I have rooted for every AFC team in every Super Bowl; that includes the 85' and 96' Patriots because they weren't coached by Belichick.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If I have to give up my "AFC Card" in order to root against Bill Belichick, then so be it.

Other than Belichick's Patriots, I have rooted for every AFC team in every Super Bowl; that includes the 85' and 96' Patriots because they weren't coached by Belichick.

Well somebody had to root for the '85 squad.:noid:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Even though I was rooting for the Rams, I was kinda glad the Patriots beat the Rams back in 2001 because I was sick and tired of hearing about the NFC's streak.

I actually really like Tom Brady.

It's Belichick I loathe.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Some Alabama and Auburn fans are that way. Doesn't make sense to me, but okay.

I get it. A few AFC team fans who think the Pats cheated their way into a few SBs at their expense do, though I'd remind them that after that scandal they went back again and looked pretty darn good getting there.

I like Bill, but he's not for everyone. That's part of what makes the NFL great. People invest in it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh, someone did...dad blasted...Fryer's crazy wife really hurt us that year, but that Bears team was like a few of those NFC juggernauts. It's hard to imagine anyone stopping them and nearly no one managed to.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Even though I was rooting for the Rams, I was kinda glad the Patriots beat the Rams back in 2001 because I was sick and tired of hearing about the NFC's streak.

I actually really like Tom Brady.

It's Belichick I loathe.

He's never been interested in winning a popularity contest and really could care less what anyone thinks of him. Then again you could say that about a good half dozen other coaches in the league, at least.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, someone did...dad blasted...Fryer's crazy wife really hurt us that year, but that Bears team was like a few of those NFC juggernauts. It's hard to imagine anyone stopping them and nearly no one managed to.

Other than Patriot's fans, I think everyone in the world that liked NFL football wanted to see Dan Marino and the Dolphins play the Bears in that 85' Super Bowl.

It would have been a rematch of the famous Monday Night game six weeks earlier where Marino and the Dolphins put up 38 points on that great Bears defense (31 in the first half), which gave the Bears their only loss that season.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some Alabama and Auburn fans are that way. Doesn't make sense to me, but okay.

Many fans are that way, once you leave Dixie. You think Red Sox fans rooted for the AL East in the playoffs as they watch the Yankees open champagne bottles....27 times?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Richard Sherman said the new rules that favor the receivers this year were put in place because of fantasy football.

Interesting.

I heard a clip of Mike and Mike talking about something along those lines. I believe Greenberg was arguing for it, if I heard correctly, but maybe he just got the idea from Sherman.

I don't think the league would change rules for fantasy football. People play fantasy regardless. Who really cares if everyone's receivers get a few more points? :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.