NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I accept your surrender.

It's a totally serious question.

So, Pats and Panthers tonight. That loss to Carolina stung last year, especially considering it came down to a very ticky-tacky call. This is the important exhibition game what with the starters expected to get a lot of reps. Oughta be fun.:wazzup:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's a totally serious question.

So, Pats and Panthers tonight. That loss to Carolina stung last year, especially considering it came down to a very ticky-tacky call. This is the important exhibition game what with the starters expected to get a lot of reps. Oughta be fun.:wazzup:
Bill gives two flips about preseason and the Pats aren't worried about Carolina.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bill gives two flips about preseason and the Pats aren't worried about Carolina.

Agreed. Generally I only watch these "games" with one eye on the tube, anyway. Detroit went 4-0 in exhibition the same year they didn't win a single regular season match.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If they get a 4 game suspension, then they would have been better off punching the woman in the back seat of the car right in the face, and knocking her out.

Punching women in the face and knocking them out only gets you a 2 game suspension.

:mock: Goodell

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Detroit went 4-0 in exhibition the same year they didn't win a single regular season match.

Yep, the preseason wins and losses mean nothing.

Before this weekends loss to the Ravens, the Redskins had won 9 straight preseason games. However, the Redskins have only made the playoffs once since 2007.

BTW, Sam Bradford is out for the season with a torn ACL.

I'm taking bets on whether Pat Robertson, aCulturerWarrior, or Nick M will be the first to say: "this happened because the Rams drafted an openly gay player, and therefore God is punishing the Rams". :chuckle:

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Hey Granite.

Seeing how all your liberal friends are offended at the name "Redskins", as an atheist, does the name "Saints" offend you?

Hey, Hey, Hey! no need to bring the Saints into this...:chuckle: WHO DAT!

Well I don't care for the word, either, since you mention it. But you're really describing an apples and oranges situation. The word "saint" isn't intended to offend, nor has it ever been a derogatory slur (if anything, using that word to describe a New Orleans team is unintentionally amusing).

Redskins wasn't intended to offend anymore than naming the state of Oklahoma which in Choctaw means "Red People" but, being liberals are too stupid to know that, they went for the low hanging fruit if you will, an NFL team name...just stupid. The only thing that has made the name of the Redskins so bad is a bunch of whining liberals (native american or not) which are looking for some place to point that boney racist finger, never realizing the other three are pointing right back at them. That is all that really needs to be said on this subject, in this thread...it is a dead issue, the name aint changing anytime soon and I say good. :carryon:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What's weird is Pennington is the all-time leader in career completion percentage (66%) among all quarterbacks with at least 1,500 pass attempts.
Tragic, in the career sense. Bum shoulder, fragile kid, but a heck of a leader and so much ability you hated to see it. Reminded me of Greg Oden. Too bad.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
BTW, Sam Bradford is out for the season with a torn ACL.

I'm taking bets on whether Pat Robertson, aCulturerWarrior, or Nick M will be the first to say: "this happened because the Rams drafted an openly gay player, and therefore God is punishing the Rams". :chuckle:

:chuckle:

But very sad for Bradford and the Rams. :sigh:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Patty would say something like this. I don't think aCW is drinking that Kool-Aid. But then again, I don't keep on those 15,000 post threads.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I liked seeing Peyton up in the grill of that defensive back the other day. Is anyone else getting the feeling he's approaching this season with a bit more fire in the belly coming off that humiliating Super Bowl loss?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I liked seeing Peyton up in the grill of that defensive back the other day. Is anyone else getting the feeling he's approaching this season with a bit more fire in the belly coming off that humiliating Super Bowl loss?

Absolutely. That said, I don't see him going back this year.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Absolutely. That said, I don't see him going back this year.
I think he went to the SB with a defense that was in the bottom third and a patched up O line. This team will be measurably better on both those weak fronts and I don't know who can stop them if that's true. New England has the best shot, but I wouldn't bet on it. Look around the AFC and it's in transition across the board. Indy is the next team after the Pats with a realistic shot at making noise, but a lot of the traditionally strong teams in the AFC have serious questions.

Jets... rookie qb and who knows?

Mia and Buf? They aren't ready.

Cin is the pride of their division but they don't travel. Anyone see them as a serious SB contender?

Pit struggled with inconsistent defensive play and their running game is now suspect.

Baltimore will get better, but their offensive output was only incrementally better than average and their defense was nothing to write home about either.

Ten, Jac and Houston are all in flux. So that leaves KC...Peyton owned them with a weaker team. SD? Inconsistent. Solid offense, suspect defense.

Oak? :rotfl:

So the AFC should come down to: Den, NE, Cin, with KC and a couple of others playing the dark horse. It's Peyton's to lose.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chiefs' fans have to live so far in the past they're color blind at birth. :eek:

The following 13 teams have never won a Super Bowl, and the N.Y. Jets won their Super Bowl before the Chiefs won theirs in 1970.

1) Houston Texans
2) Jacksonville Jaguars
3) Detroit Lions
4) Cleveland Browns
5) Minnesota Vikings
6) Buffalo Bills
7) Cincinnati Bengals
8) Philadelphia Eagles
9) San Diego Chargers
10) Atlanta Falcons
11) Tennessee Titans
12) Carolina Panthers
13) Arizona Cardinals
14) N.Y. Jets

IOW, the Chiefs have a more recent Super Bowl victory, or Super Bowl victory period, than almost half the teams in the NFL (44% of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.