NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
As I watch Cincinnati embarrass themselves with all that talent, I wonder how good they would be if they switched quarterbacks with Indy.

Andy Dalton strikes out again. Unreal.

How much more of Marvin Lewis can they take? :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Andy Dalton strikes out again. Unreal.
Not a fan of his, but to be fair with Green out there was zero separation elsewhere and the running game faltered without real balance. Tough break, much like what happened with the Steelers.

It's hard not to wonder. There's loyalty and loyalty to a fault. This passed the latter mark about five years ago.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The first interesting/entertaining playoff game. Dallas and Detroit are putting on a good show.

The only sour note is knowing my Colts will be traveling to Denver to face our former qb.

This must be what it feels like to be a Chief's fan...not really having a rooting interest in the playoffs, I mean. If only for a game. :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I guess pass interference stopped being pass interference once Bill Polian stopped whining about it.

Screw you, Dallas, and I hope you get eaten alive in the divisional round.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So here we go into the serious round:

Baltimore @ New England
Indy @ Denver
Dal @ GB
Car @ Seattle

Is it me or does it seem unfair that the Seahawks get an additional week of practice? :plain:

Haven't looked at the lines yet, but I'd imagine all the home teams are favored, with the Green Bay game having the weakest line and Seattle having the strongest.

Can Baltimore beat New England? M-a-y-b-e. Can Indy beat Denver? May-be. Can Dallas beat Green Bay? Maybe. Can Carolina...:rotfl:

vfirestormv

So here we go into the serious round:

Baltimore @ New England
Indy @ Denver
Dal @ GB
Car @ Seattle

Is it me or does it seem unfair that the Seahawks get an additional week of practice? :plain:

Haven't looked at the lines yet, but I'd imagine all the home teams are favored, with the Green Bay game having the weakest line and Seattle having the strongest.

Can Baltimore beat New England? M-a-y-b-e. Can Indy beat Denver? May-be. Can Dallas beat Green Bay? Maybe. Can Carolina...:rotfl:

I think Carolina's defense may keep it closer than you think.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Marvin Lewis is now 0-6 in the post-season.

On one hand he's taken the Bengals to the playoffs more than any other Bengal's coach, but on the other hand he's never won a playoff game.

Quite the dilemma for Cincinnati.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Seriously, how did they decide to take back that penalty on Dallas?

Refs were in, I guess. A load of total bollocks, as our British cousins would say. I want the Pack to shred them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Marvin Lewis is now 0-6 in the post-season.

On one hand he's taken the Bengals to the playoffs more than any other Bengal's coach, but on the other hand he's never won a playoff game.

Quite the dilemma for Cincinnati.

Fire him. Coaches have been canned for far less, frankly. But the Bengals ownership is both inept and cheap, so I figure they assume Marv is stuck there for a little while. No one wants that crap job.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think Carolina's defense may keep it closer than you think.
I don't think this has to be a high scoring game to be a cake walk. It's this simple to me: how many points do you think Carolina's offense will put up in Seattle against that machine of a defense? And to be fair, I didn't say anything about close. I just don't find a metric where they have any real hope of winning. There's no reasonable maybe in there for me. I'd love to be wrong. Nothing would please me more than watching Pete pout out a victory formation led by "Superman". :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Don't get me started. I'm a verb away from going on a total rant.

Sorry, Detroit.:eek:linger:
Oh, horrible call, but you're a half step from playing the Hitler card...and as much as I love my Tigers, I have a hard time warming up to the Lions. Suh irks me. Stafford has the personality of Jello. That said, they do seem to be on the verge of undoing their curse. Just not this year.

It will be interesting to see what the ref has to say about not enforcing his own call.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh, horrible call, but you're a half step from playing the Hitler card...and as much as I love my Tigers, I have a hard time warming up to the Lions. Suh irks me. Stafford has the personality of Jello. That said, they do seem to be on the verge of undoing their curse. Just not this year.

It will be interesting to see what the ref has to say about not enforcing his own call.

Spare me. They called it, then didn't enforce it. I can't imagine what a steaming crock the crew has for this one.

The fix was in.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You're a Pats fan. You have enough on your plate.

The Ravens make me reach for Pepto. And my gun.

One ref did. Then he didn't enforce his call. I'd like to hear why.

This oughta be rich.

An outsider looking at that penalty, which wasn't enforced, would be easily persuaded there was corruption afoot. Be honest: When was the last time you saw a call like this simply go unenforced?

Total crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.