NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Behind this week here go the games.

Week 15

1. Arz @ SL: the once laughable Rams are a 3.5 favorite over the once frightening (and still winning) Cardinals. Action is running a weak sister 54/46 for SL. I wasn't convinced about Stanton BEFORE they squeaked by the Chiefs. I'm not one now. I'll take SL.
:mmph: 0-1 That's a very serious defense in Arizona. But now they're on the next qb down the list and unless they can get Warner back under center...impressive win by the D though. I almost didn't mind starting out with a loss.

2. Pit @ Atl: could be more entertaining than I'd have thought before the Falcons traded shots with Green Bay last week. Should be a lot of offense, if you like that sort of thing. The line is Steelers and 2.5 with the action favoring them 56/44. I have it a two point advantage, but I'm standing on it, so give me Atlanta in the upset.

3. GB @ Buf: the Bills were respectable against Denver last week, but I don't know that anyone is stopping that Green Bay offense often at this point and can the Bills find three tds? I think they'll have to if they want a chance to win. The line is GB at 5.5 with the action 82/18 in agreement. Weather won't be a factor for either team. I'll take the Pack.

4. Cin @ Cle: Johnny gets his chance. The Bengals are a measly .5 favorite and 56/44 split agrees. Impossible to say, but I like the Browns to show why a good team with a dynamic quarterback can equal renewed playoff hopes. We'll see. Give me Cleveland.

5. Hou @ Ind: the Texans couldn't beat the Colts a couple of weeks ago in their own place, falling 28-33. And that's why Indianapolis is a 6.5 favorite at home this week. I mean the common thought is add three points or so and the line is an easy make. The action runs a strong 72/28 in agreement. I love my Colts, but I think it's closer and I'll take the Texans to keep it more interesting and ruin the line.

6. Oak @ KC: yes, Oakland is that bad, but you have to keep an eye on them, isn't that right KC? Not this time. The line is a vengeful 10.5 for the Chiefs at home. The action agrees 72/28. So do I. I have it 28-13 for Kansas City.

7. Mia @ NE: in the week of rematches, Brady and Co. are still angry about the 33-20 thumping the Fins gave them early in the season. The match up with these two is actually pretty good on paper, but for a while now the Fins have only beaten weaker teams and lost else. The line is 7.5 for New England at home with a 72/28 split in favor. Okay by me.

8. Was @ Gia: :yawn: the Giants are 6.5 favorites and the action says, "Sure, why not?" 77/23. I have it ten, so "Sure, why not?"

9. TB @ Car: continuing with the weeks sleepers...literally. Cam won't be suiting up so Carolina's 5.5 line seems Everest like. I think his loss is worth seven to ten points and even Tampa should be able to play that much of a give into a closer game. Give me the upset.

10. Hacksonville @ Bal: that about says it for me. Line? 13.5 Ravens and the action is nearly evenly split 51/49 for Baltimore. Only the line makes this game attractive at all. And I'll take it.

11. Den @ SD: could be one of the week's best. Denver is a scant 3.5 road favorite against a talented Charger team. Denver is marginally better at defending the pass, but that's about it. Action? 74/26 Denver's way. I'm in.

12. Jet @ Ten: I really can't care about this one. Line, 1.5 for the Jests and the action agrees, barely, 53/47. I'll take New York, but only because of the unholy mess that is Tennessee.

13. Min @ Det: the Lions are a strong home favorite, with the line going their way 7.5 and the betters piling on 67/33. To me that should be about right. 27-17

14. SF @ Sea: I'd have been a lot more excited about this at the beginning of the year. Now it seems almost a foregone concussion. :plain: What was a heated rivalry no longer seems like much of a game. The line is 9.5 for the visiting Hawks. The action runs 58/42 in support. I hate road lines like this...but I'll take it.

15. Dal @ Phi: both teams could really use the win. Only one of them is going to get it. This has been your Insider information of the weak. Philly is a 3.5 rebound home favorite with a marginal 55/45 support from the action. I like them by more.

16. NO @ Chi: the Saints are favored on the road...where I guess the thinking is they have to play better. The line is 2.5 in favor. I don't see why. Chicago wins this one outright. Who cares about the action? ...okay, it favors the Saints 60/40. But what do they know?

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Since 1990, the QB position has been about 80% white in the NFL (despite rosters being about 70% black)

Since 1990, a QB has run for at least 100 yards in a game 28 times. Of those 28 times, only ONCE was it done by a white QB.

Since 1990 ONE black QB has started a Super Bowl.

Call me a racist, bigot, not politically correct, etc., but for some reason, white QB's who for the most part are drop back passers, are the ones winning Super Bowls, while the black QB's that like to run, are not.

Not sure how that's an answer to my question.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Wow! Buffalo beats Green Bay.

At least KC beat Oakland this time around. :plain:

Good win for Pittsburgh.

:mock: Manziel

Every time he got sacked the sacker did the money sign. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wow! Buffalo beats Green Bay.
One of those years. :idunno:

At least KC beat Oakland this time around. :plain:
Yeah, that's a real feather all right. :)

Good win for Pittsburgh.
Which means next week they'll lose to themselves. :mmph:

:mock: Manziel
He wasn't getting any help from his defense or his offensive skill positions, but he'll do all right in the long haul, if they give him any real help, top to bottom.

Every time he got sacked the sacker did the money sign. :chuckle:
The sort of originality you normally only see on the offensive side of the Bengals. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which means next week they'll lose to themselves. :mmph:

The Steelers have the easiest strength of schedule in the NFL.

So, don't expect them to advance too far in the playoffs (if they even make it). Same thing for Indy, the AFC South is weak.

Denver and New England will easily advance to the AFC Championship Game.

There is a very large gap between Denver & New England and the rest of the AFC.

Unless Peyton or Brady is injured, the AFC Championship Game is set.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think it's safe to say the Patriots aren't peaking...they're simply dominant.
Not sure. They didn't gain ground yesterday (though at this point in PR they don't really have to) but it's rare anyone holds where they are and they're lucky they didn't go the other way. Miami shot themselves in the foot early. That said, I'm not as concerned about them now. You've got the Jets and Bills left...not gimme's given Ryan's demonstrated ability to give you fits and Buffalo's surge of late. Your AFC rival, Denver, has the Bengals away then Oakland at home to round out their season.

Caledvwlch

Indeed. I'm flat out stunned they took down Green Bay. Makes me even more convinced we'd win a rematch with the Pack in Arizona.

Easy with that Arizona stuff, Amigo! :chuckle:

You're talking to the guy who finally broke down and bought the Belichick hoodie the morning of Superbowl XLII.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Easy with that Arizona stuff, Amigo! :chuckle:

You're talking to the guy who finally broke down and bought the Belichick hoodie the morning of Superbowl XLII.

I'm wearing the same hoodie I had on during that stupid game. Trying to shake off its bad mojo once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.