NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But the fact that Ben has any success at all is the real tragedy here.

What's worse

A) Being accused of rape twice, but not convicted either time?

B) Getting your girlfriend pregnant, then abandoning her while she's pregnant for a super model?

*****Peyton Manning's looking really good on this survey.

Caledvwlch

What's worse

A) Being accused of rape twice, but not convicted either time?

B) Getting your girlfriend pregnant, then abandoning her while she's pregnant for a super model?

*****Peyton Manning's looking really good on this survey.

Neither of those things factored in my placement of Worthlessburger.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, that satisfaction was overshadowed by war-criminal Roethl-something passing for 6 TD's for the second week in a row.

Yeah, can't say I was terribly pleased with that. And tet, keep the anti-Brady cheap shots coming, I expect no less from a Pittsburgh man.:e4e:

Granite

Hall of Fame
How was it a cheap shot?

Well it was unnecessary and uncalled for, but hey, let it never be said facts and rationality have any real place in a football discussion.:chuckle:

So it's Neck Beard versus Reeree Manning tonight. Colts by ten. At least.

Daniel1611

How bout dem Stillers?! Ben throws for 6 TD's 2 weeks in a row. The offense is killin', the D is gettin' back to normal Lebeau awesomeness. Here we go! Steelers! Here we go!

The Berean

He tet, in your knowledgeable Steeler opinion is Ben Roethlisberger a better QB than Terry Bradshaw? I don't mean who won more Super Bowls but who was the more skilled QB. I know it's not an easy comparison since Roethlisberger plays in an era where it is FAR easier to put up gaudy passing stats.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think part of my problem with Ben has a couple of roots. The the motorcycle incident, the Fat Head commercial where he literally sounded like an idiot and the things he said about a coach who'd stuck by him and who I admired gave me a poor impression of a guy who seemed to me, at the time, more a lucky recipient with an ungrateful streak.

That sort of first impression can make someone forgettable and difficult to rate as fairly as I'd like. And to be fairer still, he appears to have gotten his act together, settled down and inarguably become one of the best at his position.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why did he throw so many INT's early in his career? Was it poor defensive reads?

Because he isn't very good. When the term "circus catch" is born because of how good your WRs are, that should not be a compliment to passer.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
my top five

detr (6)
Beat the Packers early and the up and down Saints by one. Next up? Miami is coming for a visit. So you'll get to see two of your teams.

Solid squad, beat Miami 34-15, the Pats 41-14, scraped by SD and lost a close one to Denver. But given the Pats and Broncos aren't on your list and SD (which is) is moving toward not making the playoffs absent a serious and sustained course correction, I'm surprised you have KC on your map.

Leery of the Fins. Every year the claw their way to respectability before fading in the stretch to a decent team that won't challenge. Not sure this is the year that changes.

The only real beating they've put on anyone...Falcons and Tampa. I like them, but not in a top five. :nono:

Dark horse team. Are they that good, improving, or taking advantage of an uneven and sliding NFC? The Broncos beat them like a red headed stepchild and their margin of victory against a so so field hasn't been overwhelming else.

Status
Not open for further replies.