Most Games with 6 Pass TD - NFL History

Peyton Manning 3

Ben Roethlisberger 2

Tom Brady 2

George Blanda 2

Y.A. Tittle 2

Sammy Baugh 2

Charley Johnson 2

Surprisingly, there are more "old school" guys than modern guys on the list.

**** Big Ben and Y.A. Tittle are the only ones to have them both in the same season.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Big Ben went up against a good Colts defense and a good Ravens defense the last two weeks.
Though I don't offer it to diminish his performance, we aren't really that great a defense. We gave up 31 to Denver, 30 to the Eagles and 28 to the Texans. The Bengals game was more of an aberration when you look at our schedule.

Big Ben's combined stats the last two games:

65/86....862 yards.....12 TD's....0 INT's.

Not to mention, 94 points put up against the Colts & Ravens.

To put it in perspective, only 12 QB's in the league have more than 12 TD's THIS season.
He's having a good couple of game run, but those earlier performances by your offense this year have me wondering if we're looking at a course correction or a different version of what SD did for a time. The rest of the season will give us a clearer idea.

Other notes: Denver had a hard loss, but before anyone panics recall that fourteen of those points were a quick score set up by a turnover and a special teams debacle. Take those off the board and it's more about Peyton and his offense failing to put up their average by a td and a missed fg, so and you have under the skin of it what I think you'll see in the future, the close game many of us thought was coming. Likely some will think the sky is falling, as some Pats fans did on the heels of the 14-41 New England loss on the road to KC. But it isn't. Glad to see Tom leaving the naysayers in his wake.

Elsewhere, Foles could be out for most of or the rest of the season with a broken collar bone suffered in yesterday's Eagles' win over Houston. And you know what that means, Philly fans...you're riding Sanchez into the playoffs. :shocked: Let the butt fumbling begin.

And will the remarkable unraveling of SF of late give actual life to persistent rumors that Harbaugh is on his way out and has lost the team. One of the more head shaking and short sighted gaffs by players and head office if true. But being beaten 13 to an anemic 10 by the Rams...that's a hard loss to shake or make sense of.

Dallas showed us why they put Romo in hurt.

The Saints continue to rally while Carolina continues to evidence what happens when you subtract talent from a 500 team.

The Bengals manage to both win at home and disappoint, giving up far too much to the Jags in the process.

KC keeps rolling, SD keeps collapsing and Seattle reminds us that some defenses are one year wonders.

One game to go and this week is in the books.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Any questions?
:think: How do you like your chances for home field? Though there are serious question marks with some of the teams left on your schedule it isn't a cake walk, with an away game for the Chargers, Colts and Packers before a surging Miami comes to see you.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:think: How do you like your chances for home field? Though there are serious question marks with some of the teams left on your schedule it isn't a cake walk, with an away game for the Chargers, Colts and Packers before a surging Miami comes to see you.

Having won the tie breaker head to head against Denver, I like the odds. I do worry about San Diego and Indy though. The fish won't be a problem the second time around.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Having won the tie breaker head to head against Denver, I like the odds. I do worry about San Diego and Indy though. The fish won't be a problem the second time around.
I'm not sure. I think Denver has an easier schedule on out, but there's room enough for either to stumble. Well, it will be entertaining to watch at any rate. I'm really curious about how you handle my Colts. Like I said to Tet, I think our defense is demonstrably beatable, so it will come down to how you handle Luck and that offense, which will tell everyone more about your defense.

Should be an interesting contest. My bet is you're second seed when the dust settles and we might well see a Pats/Denver champsionship game, depending on what KC has to say about it. In the meantime you'd better pray Gronk stays healthy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He's having a good couple of game run, but those earlier performances by your offense this year have me wondering if we're looking at a course correction or a different version of what SD did for a time. The rest of the season will give us a clearer idea.

I think it's the receivers. Now that Ben can throw to someone else besides Brown, the passing game is really clicking.

Earlier in the year, every time I watched Peyton complete a pass to former Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders I would grind my teeth. But now I don't miss him anymore with Martavis Bryant and Markus Wheaton playing like they are.

Especially Bryant, the rookie who didn't even play at all the first six games. He has 5 TD's in the three games he has played since being inserted into the lineup.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think it's the receivers. Now that Ben can throw to someone else besides Brown, the passing game is really clicking.

Earlier in the year, every time I watched Peyton complete a pass to former Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders I would grind my teeth. But now I don't miss him anymore with Martavis Bryant and Markus Wheaton playing like they are.

Especially Bryant, the rookie who didn't even play at all the first six games. He has 5 TD's in the three games he has played since being inserted into the lineup.
Saw a bit on The Herd where Colin noted how good a job Pittsburgh does at finding WRs and how New England doesn't seem to evaluate them well. :think:

Of course he also spends time idiotically hammering at NASCAR as a good ol boy Southern culture event/by product, so you have to take him with a pound of salt.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Saw a bit on The Herd where Colin noted how good a job Pittsburgh does at finding WRs and how New England doesn't seem to evaluate them well. :think:

I agree. Just think if Brady would have had the receivers Big Ben has had:

1) Plaxico Burress
2) Hines Ward
3) Santonio Holmes
4) Mike Wallace
5) Antonio Brown

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course he also spends time idiotically hammering at NASCAR as a good ol boy Southern culture event/by product, so you have to take him with a pound of salt.

Did you happen to catch the Jeff Gordon and Brad Keselowski fight in Texas yesterday?

Doesn't yesterday's race kind of make Colin Cowherd's point?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you happen to catch the Jeff Gordon and Brad Keselowski fight in Texas yesterday?

Doesn't yesterday's race kind of make Colin Cowherd's point?
Do you know where the combatants hail from?

California and Michigan, respectively.

And he doesn't call hockey fights a part of "Northern culture". I think it's one reason he doesn't really care for and consistently slights Peyton and tilts Brady. My favorite bit was when he talked about how he lived in a southern city for a year or two. He thinks that gives him insight into the tapestry of Southern culture that he lump sums without distinction. It's funny but an egregious example of the sort of mentality he'd likely also be prone to stereotyping the South with... I like Colin, but he should put a sock in that spin.

While I don't really care for NASCAR events (though attending one can be a real experience) as a televised spectator sport, he still sees it as some Southern hobby when it's been a national obsession for some time.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
While I don't really care for NASCAR events

Neither do I.

However, you would be really surprised how big NASCAR is here in Pittsburgh.

I think it's one reason he doesn't really care for and consistently slights Peyton and tilts Brady

To the media, Brady's Mr. Cool. He's a California boy who hangs out in Boston and Manhattan, is good looking, is married to a super model, wears cool clothes, and gets cool haircuts.

Manning is portrayed as a country bumpkin with a big neck from the rural south.

The national media did the same thing with Bradshaw. Bradshaw was considered a dumb Louisiana boy who couldn't spell "cat" if given the "c" and the "a".

Caledvwlch

You worry about SD, and brush off the Dolphins, the day after the Dolphins destroy and humiliate the Chargers?

I'm not saying you're wrong on either, but did you see that game?

Granite

Hall of Fame
You worry about SD, and brush off the Dolphins, the day after the Dolphins destroy and humiliate the Chargers?

I'm not saying you're wrong on either, but did you see that game?

I did see the final score--very surprising. That said, the Pats rarely lose to the same team twice in a season.

Seeing Rivers trashed and shut out warms the cockles of my heart.

Caledvwlch

I did see the final score--very surprising. That said, the Pats rarely lose to the same team twice in a season.

Unfortunately, that satisfaction was overshadowed by war-criminal Roethl-something passing for 6 TD's for the second week in a row.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Speaking of Rivers and Big Ben.

In the 2004 NFL Draft the following QB's were taken in the first round:

#1 Eli Manning

#4 Philip Rivers

#11 Ben Roethlisberger

#22 J.P. Losman

Forget Losman, how would you rate them 1 to 3?

Caledvwlch

Speaking of Rivers and Big Ben.

In the 2004 NFL Draft the following QB's were taken in the first round:

#1 Eli Manning

#4 Philip Rivers

#11 Ben Roethlisberger

#22 J.P. Losman

Forget Losman, how would you rate them 1 to 3?

You mean, like, impartially? Yuck.

I would put them in draft order.

Eli for beating Tom twice.

Rivers for some damn good seasons.

Ben down low because he's Ben and there's no forgiveness for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.