NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
these are the guys we should be talking about

If the Patriots lose, that would mean that none of the three coaches with the most Super Bowl appearances would have a winning record in Super Bowls.

If the Patriots lose:

Belicheat 3-3
Shula 2-4
Landry 2-3

Are they better than:

Chuck Noll 4-0
Bill Walsh 3-0

?????

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If the Patriots lose, that would mean that none of the three coaches with the most Super Bowl appearances would have a winning record in Super Bowls.

If the Patriots lose:

Belicheat 3-3
Shula 2-4
Landry 2-3

Are they better than:

Chuck Noll 4-0
Bill Walsh 3-0

?????

what if you got one point for getting to the super bowl
and
three points for winning it?

Belichick 12
Shula 10
Landry 9

Are they better than:

Chuck Noll 12
Bill Walsh 9

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Also, two thirds of the betting money is on New England. I still think it's a pick'em, but I'm crunching. Toughest SB call in a while. I hope the game is as close.

My money would be on Seattle. I think they'll win because of a combination of that defense and not being able to plan for Wilson's improvisation to make plays when in trouble. And they can try to control the clock with Lynch.

If Seattle pulls ahead like they did last year I probably won't watch the 2nd half. :plain:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It's costing taxpayers $80,000 to have the Air Force do a flyover at the Super Bowl. :doh:

what is that based on?

the only real cost is the fuel
and
that cannot be that much

it could be part of a training mission
and
that would be no additional cost to the taxpayer
so
move on to something more important

like how the balls are inflated

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
for the moment
just forget about the last super bowl
now
just how good are the seahawks
see
you can forget about the last super bowl
because
the patriots are not the broncos
that should be obvious

kmoney

Hall of Fame
what is that based on?

the only real cost is the fuel
and
that cannot be that much

it could be part of a training mission
and
that would be no additional cost to the taxpayer
so
move on to something more important

like how the balls are inflated

http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/...s-briefing-by-rear-adm-kirby-jan-30-2015.html

Q: Is there any additional cost to the taxpayers for this flyover by the Thunderbirds?

REAR ADM. KIRBY: There is a minimal expense involved with the flyover. I think it's to the -- I think the whole thing, soup to nuts for the flyover, will cost something in the neighborhood of $80,000.

But you have to understand that the Thunderbirds are based in Nellis, out at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas. This isn't a -- this isn't a very far flight for them. They don't have to move the aircraft or maintenance personnel to the site of the game. There'll be a small contingent of Thunderbird personnel that will actually go on-site to the stadium for air spotting. That's typical for flight demonstrations teams.

It's not -- it's not an exorbitant cost, and I would, you know, obviously remind you that you know, we stand to gain the benefit. And there's an exposure benefit from having the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds fly over, a well-known, famous team, and that certainly helps us in terms of keeping our exposure out there for the American people.

And I think they're very popular, these flyovers. Obviously people -- people like that, too.
Yeah?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so who is paying who for the fly over?

the taxpayer make money
if
the super bowl pays

if not
the only cost is the fuel and possible overtime pay
and
that is not that much

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
because
the patriots are not the broncos
that should be obvious

Yes, but if Seattle wins back to back Super Bowls against Peyton Manning & Tom Brady.....that's pretty good.

But then again, winning against "The Choker & The Cheater" may not be something to brag about.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, but if Seattle wins back to back Super Bowls against Peyton Manning & Tom Brady.....that's pretty good.

But then again, winning against "The Choker & The Cheater" may not be something to brag about.

who would you take
if
the ravens were playing the seahawks tomorrow?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Shame Seattle didn't get to play against your "Sexual Predator" this year. Well, maybe one of these days.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My money would be on Seattle. I think they'll win because of a combination of that defense and not being able to plan for Wilson's improvisation to make plays when in trouble. And they can try to control the clock with Lynch.

If Seattle pulls ahead like they did last year I probably won't watch the 2nd half. :plain:
Might be a game won by the least distracted/hobbled team. Brady has a cold, Sherman's wife may go into labor and this or that fellow with a sprain, etc. :idunno: I had the Pats by one, but I still have to finish a few bits to make a hard prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.